Botanicula Preorders Begin on GOG

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Botanicula Preorders Begin on GOG

Discounted preorders for the next game from the makers of Machinarium are now being taken at GOG.

For a certain subset of gamers, "Amanita Design" is Czech for "awesome." The indie studio specializes in quirky, beautiful point-and-click adventures like Samorost and Machinarium [http://www.amazon.com/machinarium-PC-UK/dp/B00318COS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333724090&sr=8-1], which is perhaps the most wonderful videogame love story I've ever played, and is currently working on a new release called Botanicula.

In Botanicula, players guide a group of five tiny friends as they try to save the last seed of their home tree from an infestation of evil parasites. The game will boast a lush, surreal visual style and rich soundtrack, this one created by Czech alternative group DVA, and as usual for Amanita games, it will be all about exploration, solving simple puzzles and interacting with the bizarre cast of characters that inhabits the strange, giant tree.

Botanicula obviously isn't for everyone but for gamers looking for something to relax with after a tough night of murdering dudes on Xbox Live or adventure fans looking for a change of pace, it's definitely worth paying attention to. The great thing about it is that if the gameplay trailer and screens don't convince you, an online version of 2 [http://machinarium.net/demo/] are online as well but they're pushing ten years old and starting to show their age.]

Preorders for Botanicula are being taken now at GOG.com [http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/botanicula] for $1 off the regular price of $9.99. The GOG release will include 19 wallpapers, a "soundtrack demo," avatars, design sketches, character cards and more, and is expected to be out on or about April 19.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
You now, GOG has to be one of my favourite distribution outlets now.

A. No DRM
B. Awesome old titles from when I was a kid
C. When they finally push into the other markets they bring an indie market to their store.

Seriously, what is not to love about these guys?

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Lost In The Void said:
Their lack of System Shock 2, 'nuff said.

OT: I look forward to this and love their style of games.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Xannidel said:
Lost In The Void said:
Their lack of System Shock 2, 'nuff said.

OT: I look forward to this and love their style of games.
Touche fine sir, that is a fair point, shame the game is lost in some circle of legal hell

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I feel this is a good time to mention that fallout 1 is free on GOG for a couple of days...so yeah. Get going.

If I had a PC that plays...things, I'd be pretty damn interested. Still, even for me, a technological idiot, GOG keeps things pretty simple, so I'd like to see them become even more sucessful.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Get me some bratwurst, cuz my interest in this game is germanating
Everytime you make a pun that terrible an angel gets wingblocked.

OT: Interesting. May have to check that one out. Got Machinarium from the Humble Indie Bundle and it was quite fun. Dunno though, there's lots of other games for me to check out and point-and-click adventure isn't really my favorite genre.

Apr 28, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
You now, GOG has to be one of my favourite distribution outlets now.

A. No DRM
B. Awesome old titles from when I was a kid
C. When they finally push into the other markets they bring an indie market to their store.

They're also starting to offer newer games with no DRM and lots of goodies. Funnily enough, the first games [http://www.gog.com/page/premium_promo] are Ubisoft games.

I love GoG.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
GOG and my bank hate each other so much. I've been trying to preorder this game for an hour now. In that time I've called my bank twice, and both times they told me it should work now. Nothing. Really not worth the $1 off.

I don't mind paying an extra dollar to Amanita Design anyway; I love them so much. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced just over a year ago. (And now I see they've created a language, Botulo, just for the game. My greatest weakness! Even though it does remind me of botulinum toxin...)

Captcha: no dice. Thanks for summing up my attempts to preorder this game.