Bought a game for its BAD reviews?

WaffleCopters

Dec 13, 2009
Exactly what i mean, have you ever gone and bought a game, BECAUSE people said it was bad?

I bought shadowrun, and the case was more fun then the game. Waste of 19 bucks :p

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
What an absurd notion, I can't say that I have. I tend to assume that at least bits of the human race are right some of the time.
Although I think I never read reviews for the 70% of games that I've bought in my lifetime, the other 30% being word of mouth or intuition.

Zarokima

Jan 4, 2010
I found Superman 64 for $2 at a used game shop. It was...interesting.

While not a purchase (good luck finding it anywhere), I did download a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Hilarity ensued for a few minutes. It's winner!

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Zarokima said:

While not a purchase (good luck finding it anywhere), I did download a copy of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. Hilarity ensued for a few minutes. It's winner!
Your Winner! Infinite speed reverse doughnuts have to be seen.

ThePostalGamer

Nov 25, 2009
Zarokima said:
I did the exact same thing.

The funniest thing is, it's a decent game to blow off steam because you can't possibly lose a race. Plus, who ISN'T going to laugh when you try to drive over a bridge and you end up driving through it?

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
CK76 said:
Zarokima said:

Your Winner! Infinite speed reverse doughnuts have to be seen.

OT: The same thing, at first i didn't believe that it was real and that it was all a devious plan devised by 4Chan... i was sadly wrong... but it did provide some lawl moments for me and my friend...

jimbojone

Apr 13, 2010
I bought drake of the 99 dragons for xbox cuz it got such low reviews. i thought, it cant be that bad, then proceded to try and finish the game. I got about half way through before common sense slapped me in the head.........

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
WaffleCopters said:
Exactly what i mean, have you ever gone and bought a game, BECAUSE people said it was bad?

I bought shadowrun, and the case was more fun then the game. Waste of 19 bucks :p
Sonic unleashed, Haze, Lair, Iron man, Jericho, and Vampire's Rain and I enjoyed every fucking one of them.
They weren't great, but I finished them all, so I didn't hate them.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
WaffleCopters said:

I paid $15 for Shadowrun, and had no idea what it was (wasn't even aware of the poor reviews). Needless to say, I still feel ripped off to this day.

TheBritish

The really, quite jolly rascal
Nov 12, 2009
I guess I bought Bullet Witch after reading a lot of bad reviews. I saw the videos and thought "They're probably right, it'll suck... but for ten minutes, it looks like it could be fun. Magic and guns!"
Well, there were magic and guns and it did suck (although I know there are fans out there). Still waiting for the fun.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Not a game that I can think of, have watched movies specifically for the the purpose of seeing what the bad reviews were getting at though (renting them... not going to spend real money on a game of russian movie roulette).

Maquette

Robot Oeuf
Sep 10, 2009
Sometimes I'll buy games that have had poor reviews despite them, not often because of them.

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
WaffleCopters said:

I paid $15 for Shadowrun, and had no idea what it was (wasn't even aware of the poor reviews). Needless to say, I still feel ripped off to this day.
And I picked Shadowrun up for £4 and I felt ripped off. I can only get about 50p on trade in as well so it's gathering dust on my shelf at the moment.