Boy Gets Zapped by Electricity, Wakes up Magneto - Update

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
camazotz said:
I'm so happy The Escapist got rid of Jim Sterling, Son so we could get high quality Russian National Enquirer level reporting here.

I know y'all need clicks for da' ads but seriously, not coming back here again if this is the future of Escapist news bits.
Agreed. I did the right thing and reported the original post. Its clearly spam.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Update: Likely a hoax. Yeah no shit, I could have told you that just from reading the headline. How did this ever get posted here in the first place? What next, news updates on people who use Ouija boards to communicate with their deceased pets on the other side?

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Twattycake_Fancypant said:
So, when can I expect an article about those cropcircles I found in my potted basil? Also, the unicorn under my bed is still waiting for your call. It really wants to give you an interview.

Jesus, Escapist... Get your shit together.

If you have better articles, we'd love to see them :) By all means, send one in. Is the unicorn available for an interview by yourself? No?

OT: Fat kid. It's sweat. Electricity doesn't make fleshy things magnetic. Still funny though.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Shame that it's a hoax. Then again, if that was really happening, I would be really worried for the kid. He might of been slowly dying of something more scientifically painful.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
So, when can I expect an article about those cropcircles I found in my potted basil? Also, the unicorn under my bed is still waiting for your call. It really wants to give you an interview.

Have a little fun man.

Escapist posts these kinds of articles all the time. We know it would most likely be fake, but hell, it's fun to talk about.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Dragonbums said:
Have a little fun man.

Escapist posts these kinds of articles all the time. We know it would most likely be fake, but hell, it's fun to talk about.
I'm right there with ya. It's nice to see something silly once in a while. It's a nice break from all the hot button articles.

Jan 10, 2013
Kyr Knightbane said:

If you have better articles, we'd love to see them :) By all means, send one in. Is the unicorn available for an interview by yourself? No?

OT: Fat kid. It's sweat. Electricity doesn't make fleshy things magnetic. Still funny though.
Thanks, but I usually get paid for my texts.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Yeah, these kinds of hoaxes about people developing magnetic powers are common.

Lol. Really? A warning for a little sarcastic criticism? Nice.
For a low content post more likely.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
Lieju said:

If anything, the original story should get a warning. Even after 3 days this fat fuck is still on front page, while the news about Philae landing on a comet never was. It makes me sick every time I open up the Escapist.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Major_Tom said:
Lieju said:

If anything, the original story should get a warning. Even after 3 days this fat fuck is still on front page, while the news about Philae landing on a comet never was. It makes me sick every time I open up the Escapist.
It's still on front page because people are still commenting on this story. Like I'm doing right now.

Once the thread dies, you will see the other stories crop up.

I mean, no need to get real nasty about it :/

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
orangeapples said:
Why is it whenever I see stories like this it is always a fat boy?
Because they are the stickiest?

Yeah, no, defiantly because they are the stickiest.