Brütal Legend Wii Rumor Busted

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Ever since Brütal Legend was announced, there have been rumors speculating a Wii port of the game. When the rights to the game were purchased by EA, the rumor of the Wii version of Brütal Legend became even more promising (it's EA folks!)

Anyway, it was recently revealed that a Wii version WAS being developed (but only by EA, not Double Fine) but was canceled due to "quality and technical concerns." Of course, Brütal Legend is still coming to shelves via Xbox 360 and PS3, but I just want to know what you guys think about this.

SHOULD there have been a game on the Wii? Feel free to comment below.

Sources:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-about-a-rumor-wii-version-of-brutal-legend-canceled-138055.phtml

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/brutal-legend-s-wii-version/1108

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Of all systems, Wii was the one they abandoned a game on because of "quality concerns"?

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Sorry but it might help if you went into more depth about what type of game brutal legend is.

Top Dollar

Jan 3, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
lostclause said:
Sorry but it might help if you went into more depth about what type of game brutal legend is.
If you don't know, I pity you. I actually do, its an awesome game, and my odds on favorite for GOTY, so not knowing about it would really suck.
It's not even out yet.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
lostclause said:
If you don't know, I pity you. I actually do, its an awesome game, and my odds on favorite for GOTY, so not knowing about it would really suck.
That doesn't help much. A link perhaps? Or just an explanation would do. I know that it's double fine's next big thing but apart from that I have no idea about the gameplay.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Goddammit!

How the hell am I supposed to play this now?! This was, seriously, the one game I was looking forward to this year.

They better release it for the PC, or I might just blow a gasket.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
lostclause said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Okay, lets pretend that will affect anything.
The chances of someone knowing what it's about for starters...
Its a game about a roadie named Eddie, that has to save the Underworld with the power of Heavy Metal. With the aid of Ozzy Osbourne, Lemmy, Rob Halford, Lita Ford and others, he will save Heavy Metal from evil Demons. To accomplish such he uses a huge axe, a guitar, bunch of headbanging demons, a monster truck and other stuff.

Its a platform/hack n' slash/parody/whatever you want to call it video game from Tim Schafer and his team Double Fine.

Trailer:

Its going to be avaible for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Flying-Emu said:
Goddammit!

How the hell am I supposed to play this now?! This was, seriously, the one game I was looking forward to this year.

Well, at least you get Tunnel Rat: 1968

But seriously man - its a sandbox game. Do you think you'll be able to play it if its on PC?
Dingo, you have no idea. When I read this thread, tears welled up in my eyes, the heavens cried mercy, and I fell on my knees and wept.

This is a sad day for all Wii owners indeed.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
oliveira8 said:
That looks... interesting. From the trailer it looks like it should be a movie but you certainly can't say it's unimaginative. I'll probably get this because it's like psychonauts (i.e. insane).

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
oliveira8 said:
Its a game about a roadie named Eddie, that has to save the Underworld with the power of Heavy Metal.
Its not the underworld, its the Metal World. There is a difference.

There's also a pretty good RTS aspect to it.
I was quoting from my memory. I knew it was about Vikings, Demons and Heavy Metal. Didn't know about the RTS part.(The thing with controlling those headbangers guys?)

Anyway I can't be bothered now, considering that I can't buy a console for...or any game for that matter.

Sucks for me.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Goddammit!

It's EA man. Chances are the game will be ported to either the PC or the Wii over time (most likely the PC, since the game was originally designed for the Xbox 360.)

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Flying-Emu said:
Goddammit!

It's EA man. Chances are the game will be ported to either the PC or the Wii over time (most likely the PC, since the game was originally designed for the Xbox 360.)
No it wasn't.
I think that you have me mistaken, I never said that the game was originally designed to be a 360 exclusive. The game was announced to be a PS3/360 game in the first place; what I'm saying is that the game was designed first for the 360 hardware, which would set the basis for the PS3 version. That's how most PS3/360 games are developed these days.