Brand New PC, I can get one game. Help me choose?

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
Woodsey said:
Well that I'll agree with :p

I don't understand why you want to get the entire orange box again though? It's cheap, but if you only want TF2 then only get TF2, you might have enough money to scrounge Crysis & Warhead as well, or am I missing something?
Well if I end up going with TF2 I want to get the whole pack for mods, especially Garrys Mod.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PlaylistOne said:
Woodsey said:

I don't understand why you want to get the entire orange box again though? It's cheap, but if you only want TF2 then only get TF2, you might have enough money to scrounge Crysis & Warhead as well, or am I missing something?
Well if I end up going with TF2 I want to get the whole pack for mods, especially Garrys Mod.
Garry's mod doesn't come with the orange box...? I'm really lost here xD

The Orange Box only includes : Hl2, Ep 1, Ep 2, Portal and TF2. Same as the 360 version. The mod's are downloaded free from steam and Garry's mod is like £5.

atomictoast

Aug 7, 2009
Orange Box, amazing value...Team Fortress 2 will seem like a new game, and you'll be open to the AMAZING stock of kick-ass mods for it. Have fun. :D

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
Woodsey said:
PlaylistOne said:
Woodsey said:

I mean as in getting it in the future. Sorry, I explain things in wierd ways.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
PlaylistOne said:
Woodsey said:
PlaylistOne said:
Woodsey said:

I mean as in getting it in the future. Sorry, I explain things in wierd ways.
Don't worry, I've just missed something, and I'm too tired to figure out what :p

Basically, whichever choice is a good choice. But Crysis is certainly a game I don't think anyone should miss.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
PlaylistOne said:
My two main choices are The Orange Box, and the Crysis complete pack on Steam. I already have the Orange Box on 360 but I want a chance to play with the new updates. Yes my PC can run Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Which should I get, and what else do you reccomend?
Whatever you do end up choosing be sure to tell me [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.81348#1081992] so I can add you to the group.

I'd say neither, try Company of Heroes or perhaps Mass Effect. Or wait a bit for Modern Warfare 2. The online play on Crysis and Warhead isn't very good, and on Warhead it's terribly unbalanced.

victorarsen

Aug 16, 2009
I'm going to stop short of telling you to illegally download as many PC games as you want. What's ALMOST as cheap is buying games through Amazon.com Or Ebay.com Way more bang for your buck.

Edit: Victor Arsen does NOT endorse illegal downloads. Pay for your games, So that the developers can continue making them for us!

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
victorarsen said:
I'm going to stop short of telling you to illegally download as many PC games as you want. What's ALMOST as cheap is buying games through Amazon.com Or Ebay.com Way more bang for your buck.

Edit: Victor Arsen does NOT endorse illegal downloads. Pay for your games, So that the developers can continue making them for us!
I actually went to newegg.com and found a much cheaper equivalent to the Crysis Complete Pack called the Crysis Maximum Edition which is the same thing as the download on steam, only it's about $20 cheaper.

Dingoman013

Mar 11, 2009
You should get tes4 or fallout 3, tes 4 is extremely long live and you WILL GET at leat 160 hours of good gameplay. Hell i've played about 230 hours in total on 3 different characters. And my character with 160 still isn't max level. I highly recomend The elder scrols 4 Oblivion.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
of the 2, orange box, as my computer can run crysis on high graphics setting, and still crashes on low graphics setting

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
Orange Box because Crysis LOOKS pretty but is a pretty average game. Also, theres more multiplayer support on the PC for orange box stuff. You can also get crysis pretty cheap now too.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Orange Box. Crysis can wait, but man's freedom cannot. And if you must, just get Warhead. In my opinion, it's the better game.

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
I also heard that Battlefield 2142 is a good game, should I check that out too? It's only about $20.

AnAnemicTurtle

Aug 17, 2009
Battlefield 2142 is a good game, but I would say that Battlefield 2 is better. Or you can wait for Battlefield 1943 which will probably be cheaper,but with less maps.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I would go with the Orange Box, just because if you get it, you can also grab the countless free Source mods that go along with it. I have no opinion on Crysis, though, I've never played it.

TheCameraman

Jun 8, 2009
I'd say get the orange Box, it's cheap, you get 4 grand games, and those games are a whole different experience on the PC, what with mods and updates and all. Plus that (at least I think so) FPSs are much better played on a computer.