Bravely Default Friend thread

John Connor M

Aug 29, 2011
Post in here to find people to add for the village rebuilding/abilink/summons, I'm still not certain how the last two work exactly but it seems like an interesting system to experiment with.

My FC is 1349-5432-8281

As always quote or PM someone if you've added them so they know you have (because the friend system on the 3DS isn't great)

Also feel free to discuss the game and stuff here too, obviously use spoiler tags if discussing spoilers since it came out today in the UK.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
John Connor M said:
Post in here to find people to add for the village rebuilding/abilink/summons, I'm still not certain how the last two work exactly but it seems like an interesting system to experiment with.

My FC is 1349-5432-8281

As always quote or PM someone if you've added them so they know you have (because the friend system on the 3DS isn't great)

Also feel free to discuss the game and stuff here too, obviously use spoiler tags if discussing spoilers since it came out today in the UK.
Was looking to start one of these threads myself.

My Friend code is 4570-7528-2100. feel free to add me, although i'm not online too regularly.

Loving the game so far, although i hit a bit of a negative state over the weekend so i've not played much of it yet.

Rhythm

Sep 17, 2008
SH4DOWSL4Y3R said:
John Connor M said:
Snipzilla
Good idea, I've just got the game myself and am really enjoying it. Having some real people to ablink with would be fantastic. I'll add the pair of you tonight and post my code on here tomorrow. (3DS is at home) ^.^

John Connor M

Aug 29, 2011
I didn't think I'd get any responses, added you sh4dow.

Is it just me or is it like a major brick wall when you get a job to level 9, since 9 -> 10 is 3500 JP

And if you're on and we do the abilink think (I dunno which character it picks) but I have 9/9s per character as knight/valkyrie/spell fencer, ranger/thief, monk/ranger, red/black/white mage. By the way some of the classes have absurdly good abilities, like a thief's life steal is a normal attack that heals you how much you damage, or examine combined with the ranger's family tree targeting attacks.

I'm not sure if the game is a little unbalanced or I've grinded too much early on (15 hours) since most of the bosses that give you asterisks go down in one turn using all 4 specials and brave x 4 for all, but I am on normal though.

Edit: Do either of you use 2 magic users? I initially used black or white and made their bonus job command the other one, and now since I have a red mage I use time magic/summons as the job command. I just find the buffs somewhat crappy that a white mage grants (at least lv1-3) and the damage of summons/magic in general a bit bad, and usually have better results with 3 melee powerhouses (e.g. spell fencer/knight for tanking, monk/ranger/thief for pure damage since bows seem amazing)