Brawlers

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It has a pretty sweet art style going for its sprites.
Interesting trivia, the same team that made the Metal Slug franchise made this game, and Undercover Cops. It's really noticeable in Undercover Cops.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No need for the arcade 1up cabinets now, unless you're a collector. Greatness returns.

Reactions: Worgen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Here's your spiritual sequel to King of the Monsters franchise.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Here's your spiritual sequel to King of the Monsters franchise.

Looks pretty cool. It's also on steam.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Looks like Jitsu squad comes out the 29th, and it looks pretty damn cool.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Looks like Jitsu squad comes out the 29th, and it looks pretty damn cool.
So many brawlers and so little time. I was going to make room for kirby, but looks like that's put on hold. We got so many brawlers coming out this year!

Is that for all platforms or just Steam so far?

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So many brawlers and so little time. I was going to make room for kirby, but looks like that's put on hold. We got so many brawlers coming out this year!

Is that for all platforms or just Steam so far?
I think its just on pc for now, looks like the kick starter failed.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I consider that good thing. Nothing wrong with being arcade style when done right.
Nothing wrong with it when done right and Jujitsu Squad does it right. I mean it does have a skill system where you level up characters for new moves etc, the gameplay itself with the amount of enemies and sound effects feel like it would be at home in an arcade. Lotta bass with some sound effects and there are regularly large groups that you fight. It feels much more chaotic then something like SOR4 which feels very deliberate, if that makes sense.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anyone that still has their Wii, Wii U, or both need to pick Mad World. It's a game that is not meant to be played like DMC, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, or even No More Heroes. Some people like Yahtzee missed the point entirely and was ragging on the game for it, being on the Wii, and claiming the motion controls don't. False, they do work. Hint: Whenever you a vertical prompt of the Wii-Mote, never turn it horizontal, keep the mote perfectly still in a vertical motion (up and down). The game's depth lies in level, traps, and stage design. Getting the best kill and high multipliers actually require a lot of thought and planning the more you experiment with the game and realize what you can do. There are weapons and Jack's got a okay character kit, but knowing how to dispatch the rank and file in the most over-the-top possible is the way to play. This gets even better when you know how to do this against each stage's mini boss or elite mooks.

The only flaw with the game is the boss fights. Most of it boils down to dodging and abusing chainsaw swipe. If it's a stage that allows you to carry weapon with you, I use that to make the fight more fun and challenging before it breaks. The spectacle is still awesome and nice though. For the final boss fight, I prefer using fists style attacks only to make it more fair.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Anyone that still has their Wii, Wii U, or both need to pick Mad World. It's a game that is not meant to be played like DMC, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, or even No More Heroes. Some people like Yahztee missed the point entirely and was ragging on the game for it, being on the Wii, and claiming the motion controls don't. False, they do work. Hint: Whenever you a vertical prompt of the Wii-Mote, never turn it horizontal, keep the mote perfectly still in a vertical motion (up and down). The game's depth lies in level, traps, and stage design. Getting the best kill and high multipliers actually require a lot of thought and planning the more you experiment with the game and realize what you can do. There are weapons and Jack's got a okay character kit, but knowing how to dispatch the rank and file in the most over-the-top possible is the way to play. This gets even better when you know how to do this against each stage's mini boss or elite mooks.

The only flaw with the game is some the boss fights. Most of it boils down to dodging and abusing chainsaw swipe. If it's a stage that allows you to carry weapon with you, I use that to make the fight more fun and challenging before it breaks. The spectacle is still awesome and nice though. For the final boss fight, I prefer using fists style attacks only to make it more fair.

Wait…so Platinum - the studio known for fine-tuned fast paced action games - their first title was a motion controlled game? Imagine that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wait…so Platinum - the studio known for fine-tuned fast paced action games - their first title was a motion controlled game? Imagine that.
You never knew about this one; I'm not too surprised. Sega barely advertised it in 2009, but most reviews praised the visuals, soundtrack, and the awesome motion controls. If you have a Wii or Wii U, get this game!

[

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Wish I knew about this game earlier. Like a cross between Streets of Rage, Violent Storm, and an early 2000s brawler on the Neo Geo.
Oh, that does look pretty cool, on the wishlist it goes.