Breaking Bad Creator To Fans: Stop Throwing Pizza On The Roof

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
awesomeClaw said:
Seraj33 said:
awesomeClaw said:
I'm a bit surprised at how upset everyone in this thread seems to be.

Sure, it's stupid and annoying for the family who lives there - but it's not the huge issue some in this thread are making it out to be. I'm sure those who threw the pizzas didn't know it happend so often, and I'm equally sure they'll stop now that they know it's disturbing the owners.

Give them a break.
Really though. They actually committed a crime. It is called vandalization of property. That is when you break, dump trash on or deface someone elses property without their permission.

It is diferent when it is something generally accepted such as kids tossing shit during halloween. These however are grown people vandalizing someone elses property because of a damn tv show.

If I lived in that house I'd be furious.

I will not give them a break.
Give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they didn't know the house actually had owners who lived there? Or they didn't know it happend as often as it did.

People sometimes do stupid things because they think it might be funny. I agree, this is bad. But it's not swatting, and it's not breaking a window.

They put a piece of food on a roof, as a joke. Dumb? Yes. Worthy of getting outraged over? No.

And how do you know they're grown people? They might be 15 for all you know.
I just can't agree. If they managed to track the building down then they must have, somewhere along the way, figured that "Hey, you know who usually lives in houses in suburbs? People."

Sure it is not a broken window or something like that and I am probably getting more upset than I should, imagining myself in the owners place. But I still really can't sympathize with them. Stupid behaviour like that shouldn't be so easily excused, in my opinion.

And I asume they are mostly grown people as teenagers don't have the same means of transportation as... although the drivers license age limit is 16 in USA isn't it? Nevermind then.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
*Sees thumbnail and reads title*
*Laughs*
*Reads story and comments*

Oh.... Well, yeah, I guess it does suck for the lady that lives there. Must suck even more to remove them. Hope this look up for her.

...Hm? What? Oh, no, I'm not taking the laugh back. That shit's funny.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
This is a problem I have with the Internet and geek culture in general: People cling to one joke, that isn't even their own joke, and reference it as often as humanly possible for reasons I cannot fathom--because surely they have to realize at some point it stopped being funny ages ago.

It's like how you can't complain about a game being 30fps anymore without a thousand voices screaming in unison "BUT IT'S MORE CINEMATIC!!"

You are not creative nor clever, you are just obnoxious.

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
Seraj33 said:
awesomeClaw said:
Seraj33 said:
awesomeClaw said:
I'm a bit surprised at how upset everyone in this thread seems to be.

Sure, it's stupid and annoying for the family who lives there - but it's not the huge issue some in this thread are making it out to be. I'm sure those who threw the pizzas didn't know it happend so often, and I'm equally sure they'll stop now that they know it's disturbing the owners.

Give them a break.
Really though. They actually committed a crime. It is called vandalization of property. That is when you break, dump trash on or deface someone elses property without their permission.

It is diferent when it is something generally accepted such as kids tossing shit during halloween. These however are grown people vandalizing someone elses property because of a damn tv show.

If I lived in that house I'd be furious.

I will not give them a break.
Give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they didn't know the house actually had owners who lived there? Or they didn't know it happend as often as it did.

People sometimes do stupid things because they think it might be funny. I agree, this is bad. But it's not swatting, and it's not breaking a window.

They put a piece of food on a roof, as a joke. Dumb? Yes. Worthy of getting outraged over? No.

And how do you know they're grown people? They might be 15 for all you know.
I just can't agree. If they managed to track the building down then they must have, somewhere along the way, figured that "Hey, you know who usually lives in houses in suburbs? People."

Sure it is not a broken window or something like that and I am probably getting more upset than I should, imagining myself in the owners place. But I still really can't sympathize with them. Stupid behaviour like that shouldn't be so easily excused, in my opinion.

And I asume they are mostly grown people as teenagers don't have the same means of transportation as... although the drivers license age limit is 16 in USA isn't it? Nevermind then.
We all get more upset than we need to get sometimes, I feel you.

And as I think it over, I suppose you do have a point. Apoligizing for petty crimes will only encourage petty criminals. And we don't want that.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
The human race is just species of primates. Although, technically we're apes, monkey see, monkey do still applies. Fifty other monkey's may have done it already but each individual monkey is going to think they are the only special one that thought of it. They're all going to also think nothing really influenced them to do it too.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
awesomeClaw said:
We all get more upset than we need to get sometimes, I feel you.

And as I think it over, I suppose you do have a point. Apoligizing for petty crimes will only encourage petty criminals. And we don't want that.
Exactly. My mother told me when I was younger that "It begins with a little needle and ends with a silver plate."

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Maybe it was funny the first time. Maybe.

HOWEVER, it's definitely not, the second or the third or the fourth or the four-hundredth time! It's cruel and unoriginal. Stahp.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
ccggenius12 said:
Jeeze, do these random jerks WANT that family to have ants? Because this is how you get ants.
Yes it is, Other Barry. Yes it is.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
lacktheknack said:
People are absolute idiots.

At what point did they stop realizing that an act of vandalism is an act of vandalism because they saw it on TV? Is this not exactly what we DON'T want, people conflating entertainment with reality? Ugh.
its heart warming that you think they ever realized that to begin with.

P.S. am i going mad or the capchas move now.... mine is jumping up and down. WHAT THE HELL?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
If I were the family, I would try to set up some kind of a speed camera system to take photos of the dickhead throwing the pizzas when he or she drive or walked by!

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah that's pretty lame and a waste of a perfectly good pizza.

How about going out with your friends and eating the pizza and having fun instead of wasting someone's time.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I wonder if a decoy plastic pizza would ward off these assholes.

Asshole: "Tee hee, I'm soooo original."
Plastic Pizza already on roof...
Asshole: "I'm sad, lonely and unoriginal. Pizza, will you keep me company in my belly?"

Problem solved. Kinda.