BREAKING NEWS: New Silent Hill Being Made By Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro and Norman Reedus

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So the secret behind the P.T. game announced at the Sony Gamescom conference was found. It was a teaser for a new Silent Hill game called Silent Hills being made by Kojima, Del Toro and starring Norman Reedus (Daryl from TWD). It's being made in the Fox Engine by Kojima Productions.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=873305

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how fucking hyped are you?

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
So the rumours were true...

I don't mind Norman Reedus being in it, but Kojima being on it has just made me utterly upset and not hopeful for the next game. Silent Hill benefits from world building and not having much writing, and if pretty much all of Kojima's games has proven, he doesn't know when it is necessary to have dialogue and when it isn't.

At least... at least it can't be as bad as Homecoming, right?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
... ... ...

Got to see more closer to release before I can see if I'm interested, but Silent Hill hasn't been good since 3 so I'm not holding out much hope.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
cool, not a fan of horror games, kind of a wimp when it comes to them, but i still wouldnt mind having the option, is it comming to PC as well?

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
oooooh my goD I'M SO FUCKING PUMPED.
I love Kojima, I adore Del Toro, And I fucking love Norman Reedus. Shit I grew up on silent hill.Oh god I'm so excited I haven't been this excited for a game in a looooong time.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Aw man, if Kojima could pull this off and make an awesome Silent Hill game then I would be one very happy camper. The past few offerings have been a joke to me and such blatant fan service that it's just been a massive turn off to me.

I really really really hope that he can pull it off. I've been playing SH since the very first one back in '99, so here's to hoping Kojima can do it.

I will be using heavy doses of skepticism until it comes out though considering Konami is still involved.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Oh yay, I can just imagine it.

"Welcome to Silent Hill"
"Silent... Hill?"
"Yes. The Otherworld"
"Other... world?"

I'm happy for del Toro though.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
God, I love Kojima. Master at this sort of shit.

Plus, not like he could do worse than recent attempts have. Put me at a 10 on the Hype scale, just for the ballsy way he announced it. Del Toro and Norman Reedus are just the cherry on top.

Longing

Nov 29, 2012
As someone who never really played the first Silent Hill games and who was thoroughly disappointed by the later ones, I sure hope this brings back glory to the franchise.

I, however, do not have much hope in Kojima and his usual, lengthy word vomit.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Guillermo Del Toro is involved? I'm excited to see what the monsters look like, at the very least. Hopefully they pull a great game together. I'd love to have a reason to get hooked into Silent Hill again.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
God, I love Kojima. Master at this sort of shit.

Plus, not like he could do worse than recent attempts have. Put me at a 10 on the Hype scale, just for the ballsy way he announced it. Del Toro and Norman Reedus are just the cherry on top.
Agreed, and having the trailer after the MGSV box demonstration was just the icingbon the cake.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
So it's true. There's been rumors about a Kojima directed Silent Hill game under the new Fox Engine, but I didn't think it would be a real thing anytime soon... Wow, literally Norman Reedus huh?

I'm definitely curious. Silent Hill hasn't had my attention since 3, and it's definitely a series that really needs to be revived in my eyes...

Kojima + Del Toro sounds like an insane combination. It could actually work? I'm a fan of both Kojima and Del Toro so this naturally is tickling all the right places :Kreygasm:

This has instantly gotten my attention. I wonder if we'll see more anytime soon...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
One third of that statement makes me happy.

One third of it makes me shrug.

One third of it makes me want to blow a raspberry at the screen.

Can't guess which is which? Well, suffice to say I can't wait to see how much SIlent Hill is improved by 17 hours of turgid telephone conversation and pantyshots.

Who knows, maybe they'll be able to lock Kojima in a closet or something after they get his name on the box.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
The thought of a new Silent Hill excites me. The thought of a Silent Hill with Del Toro involved also excites me. The thought of Kojima being involved, however, does not excite me. Put me in the crossing my fingers and just hoping for the best group.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
As a massive fan of both Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill, I must say I am very disappointed by this news.

Silent Hill is a series about subtlety, about telling a story in as few words as possible, and about trusting in the intelligence of the player to stitch together a deep narrative as they solve complex puzzles in an environment drenched in metaphor.

This is diametrically opposed to Hide Kojima's approach to game design and story telling.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Oh yay, I can just imagine it.

"Welcome to Silent Hill"
"Silent... Hill?"
"Yes. The Otherworld"
"Other... world?"
^^^^ This! This so much!

I wish they would just let the series die, honestly. Take what we learned from Silent Hill and make a new franchise. I doubt that this new entry will be in the spirit of what made the originals so good.

BTW, why is Hideo Kojima the only person that can apparently sell games at Konami? He's had his name appended to Castlevania LoS, Metal Gear Rising, and now this. Isn't there other talent at Konami?

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Kojima proved 10 years ago that he can make a game without a bunch of dialogue with MGS3. MGS5 will not be chuck full of cut-scenes and dialogue either. MGS4 just had a shit-ton of story to tell, plus it was the end of Solid Snake's story so of course Kojima going to overdo it. The medium has so few good writers, having Kojima write it (if he even is writing it as he could be doing game design more than anything) isn't a bad idea considering the alternatives.

But anyways, the game is going to be fucking awesome.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'm excited about Guillermo Del Toro, but I wonder what Hideo Kojima would bring to the table.

Also, Kojima's wikipedia page currently lists the new Silent Hill as an upcoming entry in the Metal Gear series.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
So on a scale of 1 to 10, how fucking hyped are you?
486 million.

Rozalia1 said:
... ... ...

Got to see more closer to release before I can see if I'm interested, but Silent Hill hasn't been good since 3 so I'm not holding out much hope.
Downpour. Not scary at all but it was very well written. Way better than that clusterfuck that was Homecoming.