Brink fans, unite!

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
With all the negativity thats been going on about Brink lately (people giving up on the game because of a negative IGN review, or because you can't be a sniper or a female character) I think that Brink desirves a positive thread for once.
So, all you Brink fans here on The Escapist; what is it about Brink that still makes you want to play it as quick as possible?

As for me; I can't way to become a lightweight medic with a shotgun, so that I can freerun towards a downed teammate, while I gun down everyone who runs in my way.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
In today's industry, originality should never be taken for granted. I can't wait to free/fight for the Ark! Less than two days now.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I don't really know all that much about the game to be honest, so the customization is what has me the most interested right now.

maximusw00t

Feb 14, 2011
I honestly dont see why everyone is formulating an opinion based on reviews that have been made through the offline singleplayer. At least game informer is waiting awhile to give their full review so they can give a full honest review.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Free running. The SMART system.(I think that's what it's called) That's what I want the most from this game.

That and it is different to the mainstream ctrl+c, ctrl+v shooters that have been coming out recently.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
maximusw00t said:
I honestly dont see why everyone is formulating an opinion based on reviews that have been made through the offline singleplayer. At least game informer is waiting awhile to give their full review so they can give a full honest review.
The single player is the same as multiplayer but with bots (ones who probably do objectives as opposed to players who like in every other game play it as team deathmatch). I seriously doubt that with a human element the scores would change that much more. If you read a lot of reviews they are talking about style, movements, mechanics, and gunplay which doesn't seem to them to be all that great.

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
Not to bring up another thread, but just playing as one gender shouldn't be much of a problem(even if I have to play as a female which I do not mind). And they have guns similar to sniper rifles they're called "Long Rifles". Why people are upset with these two issues is beyond me, but I'm still going to play it.

judowarrior

Feb 15, 2010
So I am throwing up a warning before hand, this is mostly a rant.

So, I figured I would add to this. I recently got brink on steam along with my friend. I do not understand these bad reviews. The only thing I can think of is IT IS NOT LIKE CALL OF DUTY. The similarities end at looking down iron sights and it is a first person shooter. On the pc, it flows amazing, everything works in to one another quite well. The long rifles issue was addressed but it is true, it works, and quite well. This game throws first person shooters on their head, some like traditional some like innovation. If you want to enjoy the same game with a different title 30 times be my guest, but this game is great, and while it does have its flaws (and there are flaws, and more keep coming) it is a great, innovative game.

And rant over

So, I love the game so far. You should at the very least give it a chance, and I can not wait to get some more stuff.

FYI-you can do a silenced shotgun.

WhatHityou

Nov 14, 2008
If the smart system can really deliver smooth running over terrain and make the shooting aspect work at the same time then yes I will be very pleased and will give it props.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I don't care about IGN and the game looks pretty... Wait, you can't be a sniper!?! Fuck this game
*storms off and slams into a wall*

Dec 14, 2009
It looks very promising and all the gameplay video I've watched make it look very fun, so unless they're all faked, I can see myself enjoying this game immensely.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Yosharian said:
Is anyone going to play this on PC? I want to get some players together to run through the 'singleplayer' campaign this weekend. Send me a forum message or add me as a friend.
Hell to the yes. :)

Kiytan

Feb 23, 2008
I do not get the IGN review, complaining that the MP objectives are in the same place all the time, like, you know, every other fucking Multiplayer FPS, funnily enough I don't remember that issue cropping up in their Blops/Bad Company/L4d/tf2/whatever reviews.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Miles000 said:
Free running. The SMART system.(I think that's what it's called) That's what I want the most from this game.

That and it is different to the mainstream ctrl+c, ctrl+v shooters that have been coming out recently.
So it's so original that it's not in the slightest bit similar to, oh, say, Team Fortress 2? Just ignore that automated sentry, just ignore that minigun that looks amazingly like Sasha, just ignore the black man with a grenade launcher, all coincidental, truly!

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
I bought this game today, after seeing mostly positive reviews, because of a couple of reasons. First, I needed a new shooter. Replaying Borderlands and FO:NV over and over is wearing thin. Second, and more importantly, this game was developed by one of my favorite companies, Bethesda Softworks.

When playing a new game that has had some poor reviews, remember to adjust your mindset accordingly. Do not spend your gaming time looking for things you DON'T LIKE. Focus on the things that are GOOD about it.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Hop-along Nussbaum said:
I bought this game today, after seeing mostly positive reviews, because of a couple of reasons. First, I needed a new shooter. Replaying Borderlands and FO:NV over and over is wearing thin. Second, and more importantly, this game was developed by one of my favorite companies, Bethesda Softworks.

When playing a new game that has had some poor reviews, remember to adjust your mindset accordingly. Do not spend your gaming time looking for things you DON'T LIKE. Focus on the things that are GOOD about it.
With that reasoning then any game could be good when its not.

OT: Brinks customization looks fantastic and I really like that aspect of the game, but to buy a game purely based of that doesn't cut it for me. Great to see a game put in that much customization though.

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
EcksTeaSea said:
Hop-along Nussbaum said:

With that reasoning then any game could be good when its not.

OT: Brinks customization looks fantastic and I really like that aspect of the game, but to buy a game purely based of that doesn't cut it for me. Great to see a game put in that much customization though.
If you go into a game with a pre-disposed notion that it's going to suck, then it's going to suck no matter what. All I'm saying is put aside any pre-conceived notions before pushing the "START" button.