Brink fans, unite!

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I was hyped for the game. Unfortunately, it proved clunky and, well... boring, to be honest.

It happens, man. Sometimes the things we hope are awesome don't turn out that way.

P.S.- I haven't read the IGN review, but then again, who still listens to anything IGN has to say anyway?

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
I'm still preloading at the moment (damn EU release dates... ROLL ON FRIDAY!), but I've made a group so that we can get Escapist games going once everyone's up and running.

The steam group is Here [http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Brink-TheEscapist], the Escapist group is Here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Escapist-Brink-PC-Group]. Hope to see you guys in game!

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Pedro The Hutt said:
Miles000 said:
Free running. The SMART system.(I think that's what it's called) That's what I want the most from this game.

That and it is different to the mainstream ctrl+c, ctrl+v shooters that have been coming out recently.
So it's so original that it's not in the slightest bit similar to, oh, say, Team Fortress 2? Just ignore that automated sentry, just ignore that minigun that looks amazingly like Sasha, just ignore the black man with a grenade launcher, all coincidental, truly!
I never said it was original, I said it was different to the mainstream.
I reckon taking aspects from TF2 and adding parkour is is great idea.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
I've played about 2 hours of it so far and I like it.

I really wish there was more content though, I can't see myself playing this over and over though.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Pedro The Hutt said:
Miles000 said:
Free running. The SMART system.(I think that's what it's called) That's what I want the most from this game.

That and it is different to the mainstream ctrl+c, ctrl+v shooters that have been coming out recently.
So it's so original that it's not in the slightest bit similar to, oh, say, Team Fortress 2? Just ignore that automated sentry, just ignore that minigun that looks amazingly like Sasha, just ignore the black man with a grenade launcher, all coincidental, truly!
To be fair, you can also be a white man with a grenade launcher.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Will be getting this in a few days, I hope that enough people actually get the game so that the multi-player community doesn't die too quickly.

distended said:
MiracleOfSound said:
There's no K:D stat.
Then how do you know if you're having fun or not?
Haha, nice reply

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
I've been playing for a couple hours now, and it is awesome. The levels are great, the challenges are fun and you can wield a fucking minigun!

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Heavy gun and character customization, badass medic gameplay, unique art design, acrobatic gunplay.

Pedro The Hutt said:
Yes, for Team Fortress 2 INVENTED THE VERY CONCEPT OF AUTOMATED TURRETS, MINI GUNS AND BLACK PEOPLE! Also, what black man with a grenade launcher? You can be any skin colour with any weapon. Having some similar weapons to anothergame is not indicative of the entire gameplay.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
It's a original, highly customizable FPS.....AWESOME. Can't wait to pick up my copy in a hour

Jonathan Bradford

May 9, 2011
At the very least I plan on renting it, I'd love for it to be great enough to purchase.

For me the SMART system is something I must try, I love when FPS is used in a different way then before.

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
I don't read or listen to reviews from anyone, let alone IGN.

Why would I care what they think about a game?

It's MY opinion that matters at the end of the day.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JPiD-vg20

This man knows his games, can't wait to get this games!

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
*pauses Brink to check Escapist and eat dinner*

There are bad things people are saying about Brink? Other than the no female character thing?

Oh, and btw, those people who say you can't snipe aren't trying. I've been playing Brink for a good portion of the day and love the game It's fast, action packed mayhem and anyone who enjoys shooters will probably enjoy this game. 10/10 in my books.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
maximusw00t said:
I honestly dont see why everyone is formulating an opinion based on reviews that have been made through the offline singleplayer. At least game informer is waiting awhile to give their full review so they can give a full honest review.
Because Yahtzeeism rules?

Seriously:

Wen you come right down to brass tacks. Whatever differs the multiplayer experience from the pack should be a defining element in the single player. So if the single player rates bad on its elements why would it do better just because there are more people and capture the flag modes?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
It looks like an upgraded TF2. TF2 is one of the only FPS I like. I may get this later, when I have a different computer. Though yet another spill on my Macbook Pro (that's big spill #4) has it even nearer to death. I need to stop being clumsy.

The lack of a true sniper is a major plus, in my opinion. I prefer close encounters.

maximusw00t

Feb 14, 2011
I dont think youve played it either, the storyline is brilliant. At least i think it is. Regardless I played brink ALL day after school yesterday, and I am extremely happy with it. All the mechanics work well and the people who say they dont are obviously looking for bad things to say about it.

Besides the bots, the game is really good and ill give it a solid 9. For most its probably worth a rent, for those who want a new shooter thats not full of grenades, dying from a knife to the foot, or things similar to that.