Brink Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Brink Review

If you can look past the problems, there's a lot of fun to be had here.

Read Full Article

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
I've been really interested in this game for a long time, and it's nice to know that my hopes have been fulfilled, if only partially.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I don't really know if I have the time to devote two hours to learning how to play a game before it starts to get good anymore, especially now that Steam is offering stuff up daily.

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
Still deciding whether or not to buy this game. I was really looking forward to it but don't know if I want to drop 50-60 bucks on it right now.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
inb4 "Spy sappin mah sentry!"

While this game certainly looks pretty fun in a TF2 sort of way, I unfortunately won't be getting it thanks to L.A. Noire sappin all my monies away.

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
Glad you liked it! I'm loving it, and with the new ATI hotfix, it actually fixed the game for me. Loving it more!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I wish I could like this game. I really do. If only to justify the $90 AUD I paid for it.

I mean, there's some really good stuff in there. I like the visual design, I like the setting (to the extent that it matters), I like the objective-based missions.

But on the other hand, the good stuff is overshadowed by the bad. The game is sorely lacking in variety. All classes play the same. The customization is amusing but useless because it has almost no effect on gameplay. S.M.A.R.T. doesn't really do anything that a jump button couldn't. Worst of all, the maps are unbalanced, always giving a huge advantage to the defenders.

I uninstalled it after 17 hours.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I've been having fun with it. Finished both campaigns, and tried online, but that isn't going so well. The online needs to be fixed, sounds cuts out half the time, and sometimes all the character models just disappear. It has been happening to a ton of the people I've played with, too.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Yes a favorable review for Brink. They do exist! And I agree with you 100 %. Glad you didn't say something like this game is repetitive, nothing like Borderlands, and I can level up a guy max in one day. I am so tired of those lies...

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Good review. Though I'm not getting the "cumbersome interface" bit. I can't say it's truly distracting (except for the sticky grenade indicator).

Ow and it's "Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain". And yeah it takes some getting used to (for example when running up to cover), but I love it. Hell of a lot of fun to be found in being a light.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I havent got the game yet I was going to but then I heard all the bad things about it.

so SMART? is a way to make human players run into walls and not just crappy AI now?.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Good to see atleast one reviewer understands that Brink is not trying to be COD, and shouldnt be comapred to COD (I think more shoorters are ruined becasue of people comparing them to COD).

Also its so good to have a game where I feel im part of a team again.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
I want to get it, but I dunno. Bethesda says theve fixed alot of the bugs now, but that 'acquired taste' isnt really worth risking £30-£40.

I mean, I love objective based games, because in games like cod even objective modes always end up in a deathmatch via camping and stuff, with how many players going for the objective on each team deciding who wins the game, and I love class based games when they work (TF2) so it should be up my alley. But the bad stuff kinda puts my opinion of it down.

I guess its just about waiting to see if alot of people are still playing it after a while...

Zhukov said:
I uninstalled it after 17 hours.
Judging by this, you have pc or mac copy :p. Does it run ok? I dont have an amazin gaming computer, and the specs reccomend an i5 processor, and I only have an i3.

also, is the mission selction stuff easier do you think?

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I really like Brink. It's pretty fun, if a little frustrating sometimes, but I think the fun far outweighs the frustration. And who are these people that say it's not sniper friendly, and that you can't snipe in it? I'm having no trouble sniping and counter sniping when I see snipers. I've switched away from my assault rifle and picked the bold actin sniper rifle as my secondary with an SMG as my primary, and I snipe people just fine, as have some of the snipers I've run across.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
This review pretty much sums up where I stand on the game. I'm on the love it side of things. There are some things I am definitely looking forward to being fixed, but I still have a lot of fun with it.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Hrrrrm...definitely gotta get this. Though maybe not for the full price. I'll look for noobs angry that this isn't the next CoD on Craigs list. :p