Britain's Royal Mail Marks 50 Years of Doctor Who

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
saintdane05 said:
The ood aren't evil. Just putting it out there. The fact that they are on the stamp kid of bothers me. I mean, the ______ would fit much better.
Of course the Ood aren't evil, but what would you suggest in their place?
The Ice warriors, Yetis, Sontaran or Silurians would all be a much better fit than both the Ood and the Weeping Angels.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Royal Mail is small fry. Pretty much the entire* country is celebrating 50 years of Who in some way, shape or form.

And Eccleston was awesome, so shut up.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Hey, I never said Eccleston wasn't awesome, just that he's rather uncharacteristically... brutish.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Hey, I never said Eccleston wasn't awesome, just that he's rather uncharacteristically... brutish.
PTSD from a war that ended in what was effectively two acts of genocide.

He's entitled.

Unrelated: Odd to see McGann with his hair similar (if shorter) to the movie, seeing as he had to wear a wig for the role.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
pffh said:
DVS BSTrD said:
saintdane05 said:
The ood aren't evil. Just putting it out there. The fact that they are on the stamp kid of bothers me. I mean, the ______ would fit much better.
Of course the Ood aren't evil, but what would you suggest in their place?
The Ice warriors, Yetis, Sontaran or Silurians would all be a much better fit than both the Ood and the Weeping Angels.
The Angels are pretty much huge icons now. Like it or not, they are one of hte most famous monsters.
I think the Radio Times did a poll, and they beat the Daleks and Cybermen for best monster.
And speaking of Ice Warriors, guess who's coming back in Series 7?

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Vanbael said:
Why must I live in America!? I want all of them!
Dude... You could probably buy some on Ebay right now...

...just checked and yeah you totally can.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Someday I hope I can be famous enough so that people will pay to lick the back of my head.
Become a rock and roll legend and they'll want the stamp AND YOU.

saintdane05 said:
The ood aren't evil. Just putting it out there. The fact that they are on the stamp kid of bothers me. I mean, the Silents would fit much better.
Well, they did, but nobody can remember where they went.

smithy_2045 said:
Putting a weeping angle in a stamp is a terrible idea. Don't that know that whatever takes the image of an angel becomes an angel?!?!?!?
And apparently any statue that exists if they're strong enough. Man, I will NEVER look at New York the same!

OT: There should be one of the late Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney, AKA Sarah Jane Smith and Brigidier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart. Yes, there are a huge assortment of Doctor companions, but they gave us so much...

EDIT: One for Delgado, Ainley, and Simm as well. The Master must have his due.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Hurray! Britain keeps churning out a single show for 50 years!
So that's cool I guess, good for them.