Brunette VS Blonde

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
My sister came over to watch some movies since she doesn't have a DVD player(or a TV) and while i walked through the living room i noticed, in every one of the chick movies, the blonde main character makes an enemy out of the brunette girl/ALWAYS treat her like shes evil.
Why is that? Seriously, why is the Brunette girl drawn as the evil character.

Edit
How many guys thought this was a poll who you would rather sleep with?

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
to differentiate between the 2 characters, white is good, black is bad

can't kill a thousand years of stereotypes ^^

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
But the stereotype is backwards, every blonde girl I've ever known was a complete psychotic *****, and every brunette girl I've met was a singing angel who wouldn't(couldn't) hurt a fly

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
But don't forget the brunette best friend of the blonde girl. You know, the down to earth environmentalist who teaches the value of friendship?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Good point. I suppose because blondes are like beagles. Stereotypically cute and loveable, but inheretly dumb.

I think redheads get off a little lightly in this whole thing.

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, redheads avoided this, they got another problem to deal with(starts with G)
I think a blond girl decided to fire first and make brunettes seem evil to make them seem a little less dumb(don't see the reasoning behind it but ok)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Randy11517 said:
My sister came over to watch some movies since she doesn't have a DVD player(or a TV) and while i walked through the living room i noticed, in every one of the chick movies, the blonde main character makes an enemy out of the brunette girl/ALWAYS treat her like shes evil.
Actually, in most 'chick flicks' I've seen, the brunette is treated like a ***** but is actually the sympathetic character who the audience is supposed to like. The blonde girls who ***** about the brunette are usually the antagonists. Example, Mean Girls (yes, I've seen a Lindsey Lohan film that wasn't about a car, don't judge me...). Lindsey Lohan's character is the 'brunette' in the equation, and she's the good main character, while the 'blondes' of the equation, the Plastics, are the evil stuck-up bitches who are mean to anyone who isn't their definition of perfect (i.e. everyone except them).

So basically, you've got it backwards because of only seeing a little bit when walking through the room. An easy assumption to make, sadly, but not quite true.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
May this film forever be the basis of epic stereotyping.
(Sorry I couldn't find a better quality clip)

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Randy11517 said:
May we all kindly refer you to the 'no vs threads' section of the rules? This could probably come under some form of sexism too if the repliers are all guys.

Hair colour doesn't matter, talk to whoever it is and get to know them for crying out loud.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
KaiRai said:
Nemu said:
KaiRai said:
Gingers?

Really?
What's wrong with that? My gf is ginger. I think it looks good on girls.
Where did I say there was anything wrong with red heads?
You are insinuating that redheads have it easy, well...that's not true.

Neikun

May 11, 2010
Randy11517 said:

Edit
How many guys thought this was a poll who you would rather sleep with?
Well the same is done in vice versa for brunette leads.
After seeing Kenneth Brannagh in Hamlet, I'm sold on blonde boys <3~

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Let's of course not forget that many of history's greatest monsters were brunette. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, me...

Burnswell

Feb 11, 2009
You are all insane. Btw, is this racism? Is different colored hair any different to different colored skin? You're stereotyping people based on their genetics so I'm thinking yes?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Nemu said:
KaiRai said:
Nemu said:
KaiRai said:
Gingers?

Really?
What's wrong with that? My gf is ginger. I think it looks good on girls.
Where did I say there was anything wrong with red heads?
You are insinuating that redheads have it easy, well...that's not true.
Well, there are some jokes, but it's a rarity in a film. Only ginger in a film I can think of off the top of my head is Drew Barrymore in Charlie's Angels.