Brutal Legend Coming to PC

random_bars

Oct 2, 2010
loa said:
Little Gray said:
Except that your hacking and slashing doesn't do shit but thats okay because you have that blatantly overpowered facemelter quick time solo while spamming battlecry whenever it wears off so it's a rhythm game in which you control an army.
It is also a racing game and an open world rpg.
Your hacking and slashing does do shit - it's meant as a quick, weak series of attacks you can use to pick off a small group of troops, or mess with the enemy leader. You're not supposed to drop right into the middle of the enemy army and try to kill everything yourself - when your army clashes with theirs you're much better off using the double team attacks, since they not only protect you from damage, they also are more powerful than your solo moves - but it means you need to tie up both you and a troop while you use it.

The facemelter solo isn't that overpowered in multiplayer, it's just in single player they beefed it up to ridiculous levels for some reason. And while we're on the topic of poorly thought out mechanics, how exactly did the Sacrifice devs expect battles between people who know what they're doing to go? Because from my experience, they came down entirely to the first 30 seconds, and who was better at sprinting around picking up the free souls that were lying around.

Basically this game was the opposite of Sacrifice - somewhat crummy in single player, but really much more solid in multiplayer - whereas I would argue that Sacrifice was the other way round, in that it was fun in the loaded-dice single player scenarios but not when two people of equal footing were pitted against one another.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Brutal Legend Coming to PC

Ordering the game now will also earn purchasers two exclusive Team Fortress 2 items, Eddie Riggs' hair and his guitar Clementine, as well as access to the Brutal Legend multiplayer beta that's currently underway.
Unless I read the steam page wrong the preorder bonuses are Riggs' hair and a taunt; not a guitar.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
Funny I was just watching some youtube vids of the cutscenes the other day and thinking I might buy it pre-owned from CEX for a trip down memory lane. Now I can do the same with better visuals and without leaving the house.

Yey.

I really dug the death/black metal segment the first time around, shame it was all so short. :-/

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
About fucking time. I've been waiting for this since it came out and here it is.

Once again, almost every game will show up on PC if you're willing to wait long enough. Or at least, almost every game I care about. Since I haven't been able to justify breaking down and buying a PS3 yet for the 3 or 4 games that haven't made an appearance yet.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
kajinking said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Did we just time warp back to 2008? Halo 2 servers still open, a Brutal Legend announcement, and a Duke Nukem 3D+? Why did we suddenly go retro? Not that I'm complaining.
Hard to complain 2008 was a good year.
2008 is retro? I feel old now

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Wow... that sure took a long time.

I rented this on the 360 back when it first came out and loved it, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Played through it twice on PS3, anyway I bought it, will more than make up for Aliens: Colonial Marines. Now to the pawn shop and unload that PS3 version.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I always wanted to play this and when I saw it out on Steam I realised what I'm doing with my next paycheque.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
So they release this almost four years after the fact on Steam, and don't provide any real new content. And have the balls to charge ?20 for a four year mediocre old title that never delivered what it promised to be.

Something tells me that Schafer burnt out all his Kickstarter money on the Amnesia Fortnight games and is using this to help finance the further development of the actual Double Fine Adventure.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Fuck yes, I am so buying this, like, right now. I barely got to play it on console, but I loved what I did play (and yeah, I got up to the "RTS" sections). The whole time I was playing it I felt like it would have been far better suited to M+K.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Brutal Legend was the game that helped me abandon the PC, and never look back.
It was also not very good.
I'm pretty sure word got out that it was not very good a while ago.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
I loved Burtal Legend. I sank ages into it and finished it on all difficulties and found all the collectibles. I really want a sequel to come out but I won't be getting it on PC. I've had my fun with it now i just watch others have fun on it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Ya... if you port the first two hours and just sell it for $10 this will be a major hit and people will beg for a sequel, but if you do the whole thing this concept will be dead and buried for good.

Silly Hats

Dec 26, 2012
I think that I lasted about 2-3 hours into the game, was so goddamn cheesy. I bought it for $15 preowned so can't complain I guess.

Yx0que

May 20, 2008
It wasn't a bad game, but it had a lot more potential than eventually made it on the disc. Probably because the issues Double Fine had with actually getting the game published. I'd love to see an alternative universe in which the game got the resources it deserves.

But it's an interesting title and worth picking up despite its flaws.

And if you like, you're going to yell at your screen when it's over. The last act is just way too short, especially compared with the start of the game.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Too bad the game turned out to be pretty weak after its first moments, the RTS wanna-be is a complete drag, and out of place. It's awful to play a game that's supposed to be a third person hack and slash, and plays so well as such, but pushes RTS down your throat every damn level...