Brutal Legend Multiplayer Factions

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Out of the Tainted Coil, Drowning Doom and Ironheade.

Which is your favourite?

Also why wasn't Lyonwhite's army included? Yes I know they are practically the same as Ironheade but they could have at least put him in for laughs.

By the way my favourite is Ironheade, I find it best to stick with what I know.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Tainted Coil, they're insane, the guy with the spiked ball takes down a commander in two hits, he's brutal.

Yeah and so does the Overblesser, basically Tainted Coil wins.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
yeah, I chose tainted coil, because I think Doviculus' spear is awesome (god that sounded nasty)
but then I started kicking serious arse with them, so I decided to stick to them.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I like Drowning Doom. I haven't played enough of the multipleyer to know which I'm strongest with, but I like the buff and debuff effects. Plus having a swarm of Lightning Rods is good, much better than the Headsplitter.

Spudgun Man said:
Also why wasn't Lyonwhite's army included? Yes I know they are practically the same as Ironheade but they could have at least put him in for laughs.
I thought it would be cool to play as Lyonwhite, but his army only has about half of the Ironheade units available to it.

TheCameraman

Jun 8, 2009
Drowning Doom.

My Tier 1 frightwings > Your Spiked head guys and rock crusher.

Also, good luck running away when your speed is 1/8 of normal. ;)

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
I like Drowning Doom. I haven't played enough of the multipleyer to know which I'm strongest with, but I like the buff and debuff effects. Plus having a swarm of Lightning Rods is good, much better than the Headsplitter.

Spudgun Man said:
I thought it would be cool to play as Lyonwhite, but his army only has about half of the Ironheade units available to it.
In sure they could Glam Up the Zaulia and Fire Barons.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I'm an Ironheade player - I just love me the Rock Crusher.

I wanted to like Drowning Doom 'cos Ophelia's my favourite character, but I didn't like the playstyle... :(

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Spudgun Man said:
Geo Da Sponge said:

Spudgun Man said:
Glamming up the Rock Crusher would be nice.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
TheCameraman said:
Drowning Doom.

No way!

Besides, Frightwigs have almost no attack power, and the Bride is probably one of the most easy things to kill in the game, the only thing that faction has going for it is Treeback, which is a beast to be honest. Oh and Ratgut, I love Ratgut.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
Spudgun Man said:
Geo Da Sponge said:

Spudgun Man said:
Funnily enough I drew out an idea for this today, Its called the Glam Roller. It has a glitter ball roller, Lyonwhites head instead of Ormagoaden and has an eletric version of the Bladehenge solo.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
ShredHead said:
TheCameraman said:
Drowning Doom.

No way!

Besides, Frightwigs have almost no attack power, and the Bride is probably one of the most easy things to kill in the game, the only thing that faction has going for it is Treeback, which is a beast to be honest. Oh and Ratgut, I love Ratgut.
You're right... Except for how we double team with the firghtwig to mind control your units.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Geo Da Sponge said:
ShredHead said:
TheCameraman said:
Drowning Doom.

No way!

You're right... Except for how we double team with the firghtwig to mind control your units.
Yeah but that's hideously inaccurate and I would kill you before you picked the thing up.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
Either Ironheade or Drowning Doom. I'm only cosidering Drowning Doom because they have Reapers and Ratgut. Wouldn't have hurt to put a poll on this thread.
Spudgun Man said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
Spudgun Man said:
Geo Da Sponge said:

Spudgun Man said:
Funnily enough I drew out an idea for this today, Its called the Glam Roller. It has a glitter ball roller, Lyonwhites head instead of Ormagoaden and has an eletric version of the Bladehenge solo.
Awesome idea. I wish they had that in the game.

TheCameraman

Jun 8, 2009
ShredHead said:
TheCameraman said:
Drowning Doom.

No way!

You'd be surprised how useful they are when used correctly, hehe.

Oh, and my favorite Double teams with DD is Reaper and Ratgut.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
ShredHead said:
Geo Da Sponge said:
ShredHead said:
TheCameraman said:
Drowning Doom.

No way!

Yeah but that's hideously inaccurate and I would kill you before you picked the thing up.
Kill me? That's a pretty big assumption. You might as well say "Yeah but I would have used superior resource management and strategy to outmaneuver you and prevent you from getting the most from your units." Which is totally what I would do.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I personally like the drowning doom. One frightwig can turn a game around in an instant and with a team of around 5 brides, the enemy avatar is slower than.... something really slow.

I cant have awesome jokes all the time!

TheCameraman

Jun 8, 2009
wrecker77 said:
I personally like the drowning doom. One frightwig can turn a game around in an instant and with a team of around 5 brides, the enemy avatar is slower than.... something really slow.

I cant have awesome jokes all the time!
The brides slowing debuff stacks, so with 5 brides, the enemy should be at about 1/2^5 which is 1/32 of their original speed (Not sure if there's any lowest limit). Usually, you just need 3 brides though, as 1/8 is more than enough, but there's always good to have a few spare, hehe.

Also, I love that with all their debuffs, the DD is described in game as "Utilizing depressing tactics", hehe.