Bryan Singer to Direct New X-Men Movie

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Nurb said:
scnj said:
Could be good. I'm more excited for Deadpool though.
I would be too, but given the state of movie making lately, no director or writers will be able to pull off the humor.. especially when he breaks the 4th wall
I think they've got the Zombieland writers, and Ryan Reynolds doesn't want to do it without the 4th wall stuff in there.

Omnipro

Ha Ha I Have A Custom Title
Jul 15, 2008
I totally agree with you that movies sucked.
They only did well because fans will go see them regardless of how much they screw it up.

Omnipro

Ha Ha I Have A Custom Title
Jul 15, 2008
They have to reboot the franchise since they had Jean kill most of the important characters.
GOD I hate Xmen 3.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I wonder if Captain Picard and Gandalf the Grey/White( Patrick Stewart, Ian Mccelan) will be reprising their roles? Unlikely and unfortunate.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Team movies never, ever, ever work. The Maximum # of primary protagonists you can have while the audience still gives a shit is 3. BUT WAIT YOU SAY, WHAT ABOUT THE HOBBIT? WHAT ABOUT LORD OF THE RINGS?

Except, in the Hobbit, Bilbo is almost perpetually seperated from the dwarves during MOST of the dramatic bits. He gets seperated during the troll scene, goblin scene, in the forest, goes alone into Smaugs cave- he's the focus of the story, solo, and the dwarves are just a vehicle for him.

Meanwhile, Lord of the Rings starts with four characters (five if you count Gandalf), then add's a fifth (sixth if you count gandalf) then three more- except ONE of these is killed by the end of the first book, the hobbits split into two groups of two, and the characters people actually want to read about AKA Aragorn Legolas and Gimli (and later Gandalf) go off their own way, giving you THREE (theres the magic number again) focus's of narrative, and arguably the only characters of -real- focus are Aragorn and Frodo and the rest are supporting characters.

Avengers? It's going to suck. X Men movies? Sucked.

This one might work.

There is ONE exception. The Heist/Dirty Dozen situation. Oceans 11, Dirty Dozen (trope namer), etc, wherein you meet the characters one at a time and become introduced to them at the same time as the other characters are. No preconceived backstory, no continuity, just movie. This keeps the audience engaged.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Dear Fox, if you want me to see your X-Men movie:

YOU PEOPLE BETTER FUCKING PUT COLOSSUS IN IT!!!!

Seriously Fox, what the fuck is your beef with Colosuss? Did he kill your kitten when you were young?

Drone89

Nov 22, 2009
They should just ignore the past 4 movies and just make "First Class" based on the actual freaking story. It'd be a lot better. Have it Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Xavier, and Magneto. You can throw in Mystique and Juggernaut as well someone else as long as no one pulls any ridiculous appearances or plot twists in order to "re-invent" the series to a new audience.

atv_chic_18

Feb 15, 2009
I liked Bryan Singer's directing. I'll be eager to see the characters of this and the movie itself. I enjoyed the first X Men a lot.

BunJ

Jul 26, 2009
Drone89 said:
They should just ignore the past 4 movies and just make "First Class" based on the actual freaking story. It'd be a lot better. Have it Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Xavier, and Magneto. You can throw in Mystique and Juggernaut as well someone else as long as no one pulls any ridiculous appearances or plot twists in order to "re-invent" the series to a new audience.
gof22 said:
Samcanuck said:
Who cares, as an x-men fan that WHOLE franchise was crap. Especially how they gayed up Nightcrawler, and always had one huge noticable mistake (like wolverines shirt healing itself, or nightcrawler in the pit before he even teleports there). They were all cornball, badacted garbage and paid no fan care as far as I'm concerned. Those movies are like games based off of movies. If they never make another one, it will be too soon.
Patrick Stewart and Ian Mackellen are pretty good actors.

As a fan I wasn't happy but I liked Origins because it allowed for DEADPOOL:THE MOVIE!
Hugh Jackman was a great pick for Wolverine though.
Them having a way to tie X-men to the current more canon (Cannon? I don't know how to spell) universe would be baller.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
A lot of people thought X3 was bad? lol, I didn't even realize that. I thought it was great, but then again I like almost everything.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Emma fucking Frost had better show up. They made such a big deal about her for the other movie, had a grand total of like 20 seconds screen time, and they if they don't even mention her I'm...Uh...wow, talk about wind out of your sails...Oh, I know. I'll rant about it on the interwebs! I at least want a reference to her as to why she disappears. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, and Toad were all featured in the last movie, so if they're actually counting it, then they'll be featured. Though, apparently Quicksilver has to pull an Emma Frost and go AWOL for the next billion parts of the story. Although, they'd have to ditch Wolverine, and pretend they haven't killed Sabertooth or Deadpool yet.

sudokucrazedman

Sep 28, 2009
Well, seeing as how all the little mutants in the Weapon X facility in Wolverine Origins got picked up by Xavier, there's quite a large number of potential first class to pick from. My guess is that they might go with the first class, at least some of, the Ultimate X-Men starting line-up. Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast (pre-blue fur of course), and Colossus. That'd be my guess.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I saw the first one in theaters and wasn't impressed. Several things irked me, but why the hell didn't Xavier have a floating chair? Isn't this the 21st century where CG has pretty much taken over Hollywood?

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Low Key said:
I saw the first one in theaters and wasn't impressed. Several things irked me, but why the hell didn't Xavier have a floating chair? Isn't this the 21st century where CG has pretty much taken over Hollywood?
the second is a lot better I think, tho I also liked the first...but I really don't think a floating chair woulda been necessary (didn't have it in the comics really)

WanderFreak said:
Can we maybe keep Halle Berry in check this time (or maybe get someone else)? The whole X-Men3: Th--STORM'S MOVIE I AM STORM STORM EVERYTHING ELSE IS NOT STORM BUT I AM STORM thing kinda irritated me.
but to everyone who's talking about Storm...yeah I think she more or less (Halle Berry) hurt the script of the 3rd film by demanding more screen time (even if Brett Ratner couldn't have done it himself)

but with the new film...be to give Cyclops a new chance right? and please, more Colosuss
ummm well I actually liked Origins Wolverine, but eh that's just me
altho I gotta say again, X-Men 3 TLS was a bit...well, it left quite a bit to be desired

sudokucrazedman said:
Well, seeing as how all the little mutants in the Weapon X facility in Wolverine Origins got picked up by Xavier, there's quite a large number of potential first class to pick from. My guess is that they might go with the first class, at least some of, the Ultimate X-Men starting line-up. Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast (pre-blue fur of course), and Colossus. That'd be my guess.
and Emma Frost?
altho in the comics she was originally some weird replacement for Jean Grey...thank goodness they changed that
actually come to think of it, I never liked the whole Pheonix thing
like...she just wouldn't die...became a god or something and oh goodness forget it already
the Cure...in itself would have been enough
but anyway yeah back to Origins Wolverine, it was a pretty cool glimpse at the young x-men to-be
think James Marsden could still play Cyclops?