Buggiest game you ever played?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
New Vegas.

It was a good game, but buggier than a beetle. Every time I leveled up, the game wouldn't let me choose a perk.

It just felt like a giant middle-finger, like, "Hey, i herd u likd perks in Fallout 3, well, ur the only playr that doesn't gt thm!" *Cue Maniacal Laughter*

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Murray Kitson said:
luke10123 said:
Was just thinking about how I've barely encountered any bugs in Skyrim, but some people wont stop going on about them. I didn't think it was that bad, but it got me wondering...

What is the buggiest game you've ever played? (if it was indeed playable)

I can think of a few:
Boiling point: Road to hell (still managed to really enjoy it though :) memories of flying hyenas and vanishing cars...)
Silent hunter 4 and
Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines (again, still got to the end and had a lot of fun despite the MANY flaws...)

what about you? any good/bad bug stories?
I am one of those Skyrim players who run into bugs... well, ran into bugs. I quit playing because of it.

I can deal with npc's floating 50'ft in the air. Makes good target practice. Dragons flying backwards in tight circles is amusing the first time you see it. But the constant crashing pissed me off. The decider tho for me to quit was when I had to go back to a location to retrieve an item. Stepped too far to the right and got sucked through a portal into an area you can't leave... and it autosaves right when I got there. I looked online and there is no way out... I will not be replaying 8 hours because the autosave feature F$%^ed me over.
Doesn't Skyrim keep multiple auto-saves? That was a big thing for it and Deus Ex: HR.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Murray Kitson said:
luke10123 said:
Was just thinking about how I've barely encountered any bugs in Skyrim, but some people wont stop going on about them. I didn't think it was that bad, but it got me wondering...

What is the buggiest game you've ever played? (if it was indeed playable)

I can think of a few:
Boiling point: Road to hell (still managed to really enjoy it though :) memories of flying hyenas and vanishing cars...)
Silent hunter 4 and
Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines (again, still got to the end and had a lot of fun despite the MANY flaws...)

what about you? any good/bad bug stories?
I am one of those Skyrim players who run into bugs... well, ran into bugs. I quit playing because of it.

I can deal with npc's floating 50'ft in the air. Makes good target practice. Dragons flying backwards in tight circles is amusing the first time you see it. But the constant crashing pissed me off. The decider tho for me to quit was when I had to go back to a location to retrieve an item. Stepped too far to the right and got sucked through a portal into an area you can't leave... and it autosaves right when I got there. I looked online and there is no way out... I will not be replaying 8 hours because the autosave feature F$%^ed me over.
Why not load another autosave? I hardly think they are 8 hours apart. Because that would mean you would've ran around in the wilderness for 8 hours and never even opened your menu.

Might be different if your on a PS3 or PC tough, I don't know, but on the 360 there's at least 3 autosaves up all the time.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
I've played a couple of games that are known for being buggy and have lucked out with not having encountered many bugs myself, so I'd have to say Star Wars the Force Unleashed is probably the buggiest game I recall playing. Screwed up my save file, had to start over several times due to a boss character falling through the environment or the game freezing. Sucks, cause I wanted to like the game, but it kept giving me reasons not to.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Jaeger_CDN said:
STALKER series but specifically Clear Sky. It's the only one of the series that I have never played to completion due to the bugs, infact I never even got more than 1/2 way through it before the CTD and BSoDs killed it for me. Sad thing is now that GSC is shutting their doors I may not even get to finish it without resorting to 3rd party patches to fix their DRM if they shut down their authentication servers (and I do own a physical copy of the game).

Anything from Bethesda comes a close second but nothing I ever got from them was as gamebreaking as the bugs in Clear Sky
Authentication will be fine. It's through SecuRom. It's shit, but works(?).

OT: Apart from floating things, I've had no problems with STALKER games. All wonderful games.

However, Minecraft is pretty damn buggy, but SO DAMN FUN!

Or Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, which is actually the best game ever made, ever. It's so compelling, and cinematic, and broken! Go find a copy of it.