Buggiest game you ever played?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Its a toss up between skyrim or New Vegas, and I still cant decide on which was the biggest waste of time for me.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Darkspore. It's an action-RPG with a similar playstyle to Diablo, but with the character-editor of Spore. There's a lot going on behind-the-scenes, so I could forgive its bugs, but it was still the buggiest game I'd ever played.

It had bugs EVERYWHERE. Glitches, lag, and the worst was the crashes. Nothing's worse than crawling through dungeons for 2 hours only to have the game crash before you got your reward. That was the biggest problem, and I'm still not even sure if they fixed it. You got a few trivial rewards throughout the dungeon crawl, but the only worthwhile rewards were at the end. And if you did 4 in a row (each one taking about 30 minutes) you'd get exponentially better rewards. So doing 4 in a row and then crashing before you got your reward was a massive problem.

Sadly, it seems like they stopped supporting it already. It's still got a lot of bugs and it feels massively unfinished, so it sucks that they haven't updated it in a few months and no more updates in sight.

Folksoul

May 15, 2010
Skyrim.
Off to fight second dragon. Froze and fell through the level geometry. FIVE disk-snappingly stupid times!

Several hours of side questing was done in between attempts, but that story mission kept glitching on me.

Returned for store credit. Never touching any Elder Scrolls game again.

Maybe instead of including months worth of supplementary reading material that very few people care about, they should have put more man hours into the "making sure the game is f*cking playable" area.

or maybe I just got a more buggy than usual copy. Who knows?

Roobarb

Mar 31, 2011
Seriously? The buggiest game you've ever played is Skyrim?

New to gaming are we?

Elite 2: Frontier had some truly awe-inspiring bugs. It was also one of the first games to ever get a patch-fix (SWOS being the first IIRC)

Edit: SWOS is Sensible World of Soccer for all you kiddies out there who have no idea what I was talking about :)

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
My vote goes to Two Worlds.

And I've played all the Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games.

Murray Kitson

Mar 8, 2011
luke10123 said:
Was just thinking about how I've barely encountered any bugs in Skyrim, but some people wont stop going on about them. I didn't think it was that bad, but it got me wondering...

What is the buggiest game you've ever played? (if it was indeed playable)

I can think of a few:
Boiling point: Road to hell (still managed to really enjoy it though :) memories of flying hyenas and vanishing cars...)
Silent hunter 4 and
Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines (again, still got to the end and had a lot of fun despite the MANY flaws...)

what about you? any good/bad bug stories?
I am one of those Skyrim players who run into bugs... well, ran into bugs. I quit playing because of it.

I can deal with npc's floating 50'ft in the air. Makes good target practice. Dragons flying backwards in tight circles is amusing the first time you see it. But the constant crashing pissed me off. The decider tho for me to quit was when I had to go back to a location to retrieve an item. Stepped too far to the right and got sucked through a portal into an area you can't leave... and it autosaves right when I got there. I looked online and there is no way out... I will not be replaying 8 hours because the autosave feature F$%^ed me over.

sifffffff

Oct 28, 2011
For sure New Vegas. I still need to save before using any door in the game just in case I crash to desktop.

Project Nemesis

Jan 6, 2011
Gothic 3 - Forsaken Gods...the entire game was a big f. bug (even after the million patches they released)...In the first 5 mins of gameplay I encountered 5-6 game breaking bugs...

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Daggerfall. Close second goes to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines because the bugs in VtM didn't stop me enjoying it, sadly they did stop me enjoying Daggerfall.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Daggerfall.
Its bugged up to the arse. There are bugs that even make the first dungeon impossible to complete. Not to mention the clipping issues. Considering the fact it had no mod support made matters worse.

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
No-one's going to mention Alpha Protocol? That was the first game I actually turned off and returned the same day I got it. Absolutley fucking awful, whoever gave the green-light for that to be released as it is needs shooting.

Boiling Point was buggy as hell but sill entertaining, never finished it though.

Vampire: Bloodlines is probably the second buggiest game I've ever played but it was just so damn good.

I've been quite lucky with Bethesda games, no real game-breaking bugs for me, just a few minor ones.

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Vampire the masquerade bloodlines. That thing never stopped crashing on me till I put on the fan patches. It was between the asylum and that one temple place in chinatown that game would always crap out in some way.

A little while ago I was playing an old amiga game called Universe which was also pretty buggy. Not nearly as bad as the reviews claimed though.

The worst was new vegas though. Those were some crazy bugs with giant scorpions popping up mid air and that one cowboy robot always getting stuck in walls. Good thing I found it funny instead of frustrating. Bad thing I couldn't finish the game because of the bugs.

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Definitely a tie between Fallout: New Vegas and 4x4 Evolution 2.

Captcha:

And now I have an itchy nose!

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Fallout 2, and the subsequent patches were made by fans. The support from the devs was non-existent back then.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Definitely Fallout New Vegas.

Was fun when it wasn't lagging or breaking.

Not very often.

Dead Island, pre-patch, was downright unplayable on the PS3. Got my money back on that one.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
luke10123 said:
Was just thinking about how I've barely encountered any bugs in Skyrim, but some people wont stop going on about them. I didn't think it was that bad, but it got me wondering...

What is the buggiest game you've ever played? (if it was indeed playable)

I can think of a few:
Boiling point: Road to hell (still managed to really enjoy it though :) memories of flying hyenas and vanishing cars...)
Oh I remember that one.. never got far those damn bugs really really really made it rough to play
Vampire: The Masquerade ? Bloodlines (again, still got to the end and had a lot of fun despite the MANY flaws...)
.. Sigh yeah... What a game what a game. Buggy but a bag of giggles fun. And really really a good game once you use the Fan Patches ;)
How I remember the malkavian playthrough ...

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I think I'll have to say New Vegas. Love the game, but I played it on the ps3 so I had no way of patching it or using the console commands to fix bugged out stuff.