Build a 5 man party for an RPG starring you

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Nerevar, Champion of Cyrodil, Dragonborn, Hero of Arena, Blades Agent from Daggerfall. All 5 of them extremely competent and OP.

Saltarius

Aug 30, 2011
1. Dragonborn, you can't look me in the eye and tell me those dragonshouts aren't going to be useful.

2. Like some other guy said above me, Laharl. HE RIDES A METEOR INTO HIS OPPONENTS. WHILE LAUGHING.

3. A Prinny too. Need some guy to draw the fire of the big bad.

4. Dr. Wily. Yeah he's a homicidal maniac who wants to rule the earth, but damn if he won't make us some good robots.

5. Phoenix Wright, I know I'll get accused of murder at some point, who else to defend me?

The story? Err.. My quest to prove that Donald Trump is the new reincarnation of Hastur the unspeakable. Also nyan cat is his right hand...cat. And I do this as Batman, Bale-voice and all.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
1.Sterlok (S.T.A.L.K.E.R)-my second in command, i can count on him to make a decision.

2.Deadpool (Marvel)-4th wall breaker, ninja killer, entertainer, meat-shield.

3.Jak and Daxter (Jak & Daxter series)-all rounders, fuck-mothering bad-asses.

4.Old Kain (Legacy of Kain)-melee, narrator, monster killer.

5.Doctor Zed (Borderlands)-Medic, healer, cleric

More info: 1,2,3- range attacks
1,3,4- puzzle solvers
3,4,5- melee attacks
1,4,5- eyes ears and mouth of group.
2,3 - drivers

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
1-Urdnot Wrex. Every party needs a meatshield, should have a war veteran and could use some black humor and general badassery. Wrex is the complete package.

2-Jansen Friedh. Best. Comedic foil. Ever. Also, black magic!

3-Yosuke Hanamura, because he's a decent healer and a better lancer.

4-Locke. Best "treasure hunter" ever.

5-Samus Aran(pre-Other M)-because I need more firepower in this team, as well as a female.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Garrus (ME): Because he can survive getting hit by a missile, and is an all-around badass

Female Dragonborn (TES5): Melee combat, stealth, magic, and shouts

HK-47 (KOTOR): Do I really have to explain?

Rikku (FFX-2): Having someone who can alternate between 13 different roles is better than a Swiss Army Knife

Richard B. Riddick (Chronicles of Riddick): Escaped convict, murderer. Enough said, assuming I can count on his loyalty.

Malicius

Mar 4, 2011
Tough one, this... I myself would go with the following group (pretty exotic, no?) :

1.Nightmare ( Soul Calibur series ) - Manifestation of a demonic blade. Need I say anything else?

2.Kain ( Legacy of Kain series ) - One word, there : badass. But also has leadership skills... more or less.

3.Vincente Valtieri ( TES : Oblivion ) - A two hundred old vampire who serves Sithis, a trusty fellow. *cough*

4.Mephisto ( Diablo ) - The oldest of the three Prime Evils, and a pretty powerful guy when it comes to raising the dead.

5.Azhek Ahriman ( Warhammer 40k ) - The second most powerful Chaos sorcerer of the Thousand Sons traitor legion.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Thief type: Nathan Drake: (Uncharted): Luck in spades, unrivaled treasure hunting and puzzle solving ability will undoubtedly come in handy.

Tank type: Argus, The Titan: (Shadow of the Colossus): The powerhouse of the party, perfect for distracting enemies with his immense size and difficult to reach weak points.

Malus would be a preferred option, but his inability to move limits his application.

Assault type: Albert Wesker (Resident Evil): Nigh invincible, amazing attack moves and complete ruthlessness make him a formidable warrior.

Mage type: Rinoa Heartilly ( Final Fantasy VIII): A formidable magic user, her exceptionally well trained pet pooch and a wealth of insanely powerful Guardian Forces brings great versatility.

? type: The Riddler (Batman: General bamboozlement and confuzzling.

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
1. Lt. Minh Young Kim (Gears of War) He'd be my second-in-command, so he'd take my place if anything happened to me.
2. Johnny Gat (Saint's Row 2-3) He's our main soldier, since he loves guns. "you can never have too many guns." -johnny gat.
3. My BF3 engineer character (Battlefield 3) He repairs our vehicles and equipment, and lends a hand in combat when the need arises. he's also our demolitions expert.
4. Victor Sullivan (uncharted 3) While Lt. Kim is my trusted second-in-command, Victor is more of a good, loyal friend type guy. He's also the guy who jokes around a lot, always making one of us laugh at some point.
5. Tali Zorah Vas Neema Nar Rayya (mass effect 1-2) She's pretty much my main love interest, and would probably be our support-type member. Just as the engineer repairs all our vehicles after battles, she repairs our vehicles right on the field, while deploying combat drones to lend a hand in fights and resupplying ammo to the rest of the team.
6. ME! I'm an assault rifle and SMG expert mostly, among my favourites are the M4 and TDI vector (no, they aren't my favourite CoD weapons, they're just my favourite guns) and I prefer a good revolver as my side arm. I'm very supportive of my team, doing whatever it takes to ensure my teammates live to fight another day. For all we know, some of us might not live through this. I just hope that after it's all over we can all sit down and have a drink and celebrate our victory. Anyway, i'm the team's leader.
I have the makings for a pretty good story here.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
They have to be able to work as a team, so...

1. Etna from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. She's quick-witted, perceptive, and snarky. Also Godly with a spear - she can bring asteroids crashing down on peoples' heads, for crying out loud! (Dragoon)

2. Balthier from Final Fantasy XII. A great marksman, and a brilliant pilot. His abilities of speechcraft and subterfuge should also prove a great asset. (Gunner)

3. Yuna from Final Fantasy X. A smart, compassionate white mage and summoner of powerful beasts. She has true steel within her heart. (Priestess)

4. Canderous Ordo from Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic. A badass veteran mercenary, but also a man of loyalty. He can fight his way out of any desperate situation, and posesses the marksmanship, swordsmanship, and courage of a true Mandalorian. (Knight)

5. Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI. A compassionate, maternal character who complements Yuna, and foils Etna. As a half-human, half-esper hybrid, her magic can be equally destructive and invigorating, and she also possesses brilliant combat prowess. Also something of a wild card, who can become anything that the situation requires. (Magic Knight)

Hmmm, the team may be a bit unbalanced towards the choleric temperament.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I shall play as the little guy at the back with a kitchen knife yelling encouragement to my party. If I could choose my role/powers/physique I would be the ranged dps (MOAR DAKKA) or burst mage (Pew pew pew).

1: Gordon freeman (Don't really need anyone else, the enemy is already fucked)

2: Cheshire cat (He can heal wounds and disappear, perfect)

3: Shaco from league of legends (Our groups assassin, he will kill them with jack in the boxes.)

4: My warrior on skyrim (FUS RO DAH!)

5: Lastly, Greg Davies (My favourite stand up comedian) because he will make the enemy die from excessive laughter.

The plot?

Me and my party travelling across Tamriel finding out WHERE THE FUCKING DWARVES WENT!!!

Seriously how can a technologically advanced race who built fortresses, weapons and machines to do the battles for them DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY WITHOUT FUCKING WARNING, WITHOUT ANY BODIES OR EVIDENCE.... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

My party find a single dwarf survivor who told of a 'terminator' style rebellion where the machines turned against them and killed them all.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
1. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)- He knows his way around stealth, demolitions and he's good at hand to hand combat. I think he'd do well as the thief/rogue, plus the fact i respect the guy through and through is another big factor

2. Caim (Drakengard)- Big sword wielding, fire-ball flinging strong as all hell psychopath run solely by the power of hate? Seeing as we're likely to encounter lots of enemies, i figure as long as i have a constant stream of bad-guys, he will be happy and not try to kill us. Yep, he's in as the tank.

3. Blair Hawke (Dragon age 2)- Every party needs a mage, and i figure seeing as i made her she'd be a good choice (Mainly focused on Elemental and Force magic). Plus, every party needs a snarky character and a chick. She fills both roles perfectly.

4. Angelus (Drakengard)- IT'S A FUCKING DRAGON...Do i need a reason to explain why she's in my party? Plus, it'd make travel a breeze, as well as the fact she can eat and incinerate enemies would be fun too. All in all, nice addition.

5. Aerith (FF7)- Well, we need a party healer...just gotta make sure she doesn't end up dying after the first disk.

And finally me: The Genre savvy guy who tries to stop them all from killing each-other so that we can save the world from a dangerous otherworldly threat for the sake of all that is deep-fried or covered in chocolate.....Oh and for..uh..my friends and such...but mostly for the deep-fried chocolate stuff!

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
This makes me think of the TVTropes Five-Man Band. I shall continue on without looking...at...that page... (thirty minutes later) oh yeah, Escapist forums!
1. Me . After all, the party needs me. I think I'd be a Battlemage.
2. Warcraft 3 Mountain King. He'll be the tank along with having a great sense of carnage that goes great with dwarves.
3. Veronica from Fallout:NV. A plenty good tank and damage dealer.
4. The Kid from Bastion. Can fix up guns with shards of the Earth. Deal damage, repair stuff, and provide some good buff liquor.
5. Cthulu from Cthulu Saves the World. Why not? It's not like I have to save some princess or something?
6. Not really from an RPG, but the Medic from TF2. His purpose on the team is pretty self explanatory.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
This sounds fun.
Ok first of all i would be wielding a large sword but it would also double as a projectile weapon and a shield and it won't be that big just 2.3m .7m wide as for my team goes

1. Shion Uzuki (Xenosaga Episode 1,2)
2. Zidane Tribal (final fantasy 9)
3. Tina Buranfōdo (final fantasy 6)
4. Aera Colthearts (Summon Knight Swordcraft story 2)
5. chaos (Xenosaga series)

dedem1315

Sep 25, 2010
1. Adam Jensen, with all augments of course. (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

2. Fawkes. Everyone will have their face lasered off. (Fallout 3)

3. Boone. Everybody will have their face blown off. (Fallout: New Vegas)

4. Batman. Because HE'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN! Plus he has our moral high ground. (Batman: Arkham Asylum/City)

5. Renegade Commander Shepard. Moral low ground. Plus he owns a spaceship.

And then me, the High Elf Dragonborn Mage.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
1. me
2. my friend
3. my friend
4. my other friend
5. my other friend

Why fight alongside people I may end up hating when I get to know them?

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Me - The Party Leader

Daniel From Mayfair - Yes, the guy from Amnesia. I'd like to have an all-round clever guy in my party, and he seems very good at coping with fear and crisis.

Red Heavyweaponsguy - I always play red Team, where I can, and the Heavy will naturally take the role of the Heavy Weapons Guy.

FEAR Point Man - Again, the FEAR Point Man is good at coping with hostile and unnerving environments. The difference between the Point Man and Daniel from Mayfair is that Point Man has an entire arsenal of heavy weaponry.

Frank West - He's covered wars, you know!

Veezara - An Argonian Assassin, what isn't to love?

Herr Wozzeck

Oct 23, 2009
Oh dear... This would be insane. Let's see...

1. Thane Krios (Mass Effect 2) Because badass assassins are needed for everything.

2. Fina (Skies of Arcadia) Because hey, I'm gonna need a healer sometime, amirite?

3. Isabella (Dragon Age 2) Because really, who doesn't love the snarky little rogue lady?

4. Wrex (Mass Effect) Because no party is complete without the heavy-hitting badass.

5. Isaac Clarke (Dead Space 2, specifically) Because this guy needs a lot more love than he gets.

6. Me, of course. Because that's the point of the thread, amirite? ;)

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Thief type: Nathan Drake: (Uncharted): Luck in spades, unrivaled treasure hunting and puzzle solving ability will undoubtedly come in handy.

Tank type: Argus, The Titan: (Shadow of the Colossus): The powerhouse of the party, perfect for distracting enemies with his immense size and difficult to reach weak points.

Malus would be a preferred option, but his inability to move limits his application.

Assault type: Albert Wesker (Resident Evil): Nigh invincible, amazing attack moves and complete ruthlessness make him a formidable warrior.

Mage type: Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII): A formidable magic user, her exceptionally well trained pet pooch and a wealth of insanely powerful Guardian Forces brings great versatility.

? type: The Riddler (Batman): General bamboozlement and confuzzling, takes the position of trap maker and general provocateur. An angry opponent is one not fully committed to the task at hand.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-
1 Issac from Gold Sun. I only choose him since he use Earth Djinn, my favourite Djinn.

2 Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. His Monando ability to see into future attacks will come in handy.

3 Erinn from Dragon Quest 9. I need some tender and loving care in my party.

4 HK-47 From KOTOR. Nuff said.

5 Frog from Chrono Trigger. A fighter with healing skill will be useful even if he had to lick me to heal me!