Bully: Scholarship Edition, worth a buy?

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
It's an absolutely great game! worth full price! Probably one of my favourite games of all time!

RhanathShadowhand

Jul 12, 2010
Chainsaws_of_War_2 said:
Either this game really is something, or people who work for Steam immediately picked up on this thread...
It really is something. Trust me on my word and if you happen to feel edgy to spend some bucks on a game now, do it on this game and you'll see what I mean.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
Korten12 said:
It's on sale on steam for like $4, and I was wondering if it's worth a buy.
Thank you for the notification. I don't check steam out every day for but 3.78, I'll get a copy of bully

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I 100% the game for the xbox360... so yes, go buy it NOW!
Why are you still here and not on steam downloading the game? Chop chop!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's awesome, but you better have a controller because it will make your life so much easier. And I'm saying this as a PC gamer.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I suppose this isn't one of those threads where I can come in and seem impartial. Yes, I love Bully. It is my favorite sandbox game ever.

A few reasons why that is:
-The map is just the right size. It doesn't become tedious to travel across, but doesn't feel too small either.

-The sense of humor is wonderful. Is isn't exactly high brow, but it works.

-The gameplay is varied. There is a great deal of variety in Bully. There are puzzles, races, brawls, and lots of unique and fun to use weapons (get the rubber band ball! Just get it!).

-A good soundtrack. It isn't exactly the kind of music you'll want to buy and play in your car, but it fits the game perfectly.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Played about 9 hours of it and enjoyed it. I dropped it one day out of the blue, but that's because I have "video game ADD." :) I should go back to it.

There are reports of it being a messed up port. I experienced some problems for myself. I had controller issues, keyboard issues and I still can't aim manually. Meaning, when you zoom in to aim with a slingshot or something, I can't... no key on my gamepad or keyboard will move the cursor, except for up and down when it feels like it. Made some parts of the game really hard.

Also, in one area of the game, time slows down inexplicably. That section took me 5 times longer than it should have because I had to get through it in slow motion. Luckily, it's an area you never have to return to.

Despite the bugs, I like it a lot. Because of the bugs, I'd recommend the console version. But for $3.75, go for it.