Bumhug Parade #6

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Wow, A comic on the escapist that I've found funny.
I know that's a horrible way to put it, I know that the people who provide the Escapist with their comics are obviously hard-working people who're clearly enthused about what they do, but so far I've not found a one of them funny (save from a few stolen pixels strips).

But I was shocked to find that this one was actually funny, it's dark and I think it's portrayed pretty well.

Of course now I'm weirded out by the fact that while I like this, it seems the majority of people here... Don't.

Which is odd, because most of the time I see the same people talking about how great the things I found boring were...

Different tastes very much at work here...

Stone Wera said:
Are they even trying?
Sorry to pick you out, but after posting my comment I scrolled up and saw this.
It's not a matter of trying
Bumhug Parade as a concept has always been Experimental the style they use is different every time, I have no doubt that this week they felt like playing with something a little more minimalist.

Again, not picking you out or anything, I just figured some people might have overlooked that point.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
I suppose it doesn't go with the "Sunday funnies" thing, but a comic doesn't always have to be funny. This comic is a bit.. abstract, and funny in its own dark way. I enjoy it.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha, that was hilarious.

I don't know, man, I think a place that forbids rock is pretty lame!

(Also, there is a cure for lame... ask your orthopedist.)

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
The artwork was interesting, but the joke fell flat a little bit, at least in my opinion.