Bungie Day fail

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
So for the second year in a row Bungie fail to give their fans any sweet free goodies in honour of B-Day. No Gpics, no themes. Sad face. What's the problem, Bungie? All they did to even acknowledge B-Day was a stupid RvB video which frankly wasn't very entertaining and a "thank you" to 7th Column. Well "thank you" too Bungie... -_-

EDIT: Fine, I accept I was wrong in my statements and hereby retract them.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
You're talking about the company that paved the way for mass micro-payments with their map packs and you're surprised they aren't being good to their fans? Bungie have never given a hoot about the fans.

Apr 28, 2008
Didn't they give out a free Halo 3 map last year?

Plus, they don't have to do shit. The fact that they even did anything shows they care. Hell they added matchmaking to Reach's Firefight mode because the fans asked for it. And lets not forget that they made every Halo 2 map pack free after a set amount of time, and they made the Heroic pack free as well. They didn't make the rest free mainly because MS still wants money from them.

Bungie does care, more than others. Hell its second only to Valve in terms of giving fans what they want. But I would rather have them focus on making Reach amazing than spend time on something else that will only be available for one day.

And your complaining you don't get free things? Unbelievable.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, because they are obligated to give away stuff on their birthday.
Seriously, why would you post this thread? It makes you seem really really ungrateful.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Oh no, you didn't get anything for free just because it's an otherwise irrelevant day. What precisely were you expecting?

BGH122 said:
You're talking about the company that paved the way for mass micro-payments with their map packs and you're surprised they aren't being good to their fans? Bungie have never given a hoot about the fans.
If you'd been on Bungie.net you'd know better than that. Actually it's a love-hate relationship; Bungie alternately showers the community with wonderful glitter and dumps shit on the whiners that create the Halo fan stereotype.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Maybe their too busy fixing up and perfecting Halo: Reach.

At least fans got something. I'd rather have a new RVB video and a "thank you" than nothing.

Apr 28, 2008
Plus, did you see all the reveals in the video?

Blood Gultch remake, New Armor ability, new vehicles, better graphics than the beta, and the fact the map was shown to be fucking huge.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
PoliceBox63 said:
It's not hard to throw together some sweet Gpics, guys...
So throw them together by yourself.
If I were you, I would really ask the mods to lock this because you're not making a good case for yourself.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Geo Da Sponge said:
Oh no, you didn't get anything for free just because it's an otherwise irrelevant day. What precisely were you expecting?

BGH122 said:
If you'd been on Bungie.net you'd know better than that. Actually it's a love-hate relationship; Bungie alternately showers the community with wonderful glitter and dumps shit on the whiners that create the Halo fan stereotype.
Haha fair enough, I must admit that I don't care much for Bungie or their games so I'm probably not a reputable source.

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
BrailleOperatic said:
Bungie has its own day? When the hell did this happen?
This all the way.

OT: Economic downfall follows a road of moderation. They probably use their 'resources' sparingly. Can't blame them for that.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
BGH122 said:
Ummmmmm, the countless books and other spinoffs of Halo, that have only ever been produced for the fans (and indeed by the fans, they specifically spoke to fans of the series in their respective fields to do the books, comics, anime, etc,...)? The same company who almost single-handedly kept the original support for XBL for Halo 2 alive for as long as they could?

I'm sorry, but if you think Bungie don't care about their fans, then you're pretty damn ignorant. No offence meant to you, but Bungie do care deeply about their fans, and with regards to the microtransaction thing, they are by no means the only company to do so. Indeed, you're basically calling them out for doing what companies are supposed to do, which is make money. That doesn't mean they don't give a damn about the fans.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
OP, they bought back Blood Gulch.

What more could you want from Bungie and Reach?