Bungie Feels Uneasy About Competing With Halo

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
The Blu Spy said:
MikailCaboose said:
Hmm. I wonder what Bungie will work on next. Wonder if they'll do what Halo was originally supposed to be.
Halo was supposed to be an RTS halo wars is that "Original" concept (Not story of course)
Then I believe it was changed to a third-person action/adventure game before Microsoft took point.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Mad Stalin said:
chstens said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
As long as it doesn't have space marines, I think Bungie will do just fine.
Fun fact: Master Chief isn't a Space Marine. Master Chief is a navy rank.
marine = navy, no? pretty sure it is here anyway..
No, the Marine Corp is a thing of their own. Marines does not = navy.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Swny Nerdgasm said:
People are still playing Halo?
Remarkable that it is possible for people to have opinions and preferences that differ from your own isn't it? But if you're looking for evidence... [http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/07/14/live-activity-for-week-of-july-5.aspx]

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Eldritch Warlord said:
Swny Nerdgasm said:
People are still playing Halo?
Remarkable that it is possible for people to have opinions and preferences that differ from your own isn't it? But if you're looking for evidence... [http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/07/14/live-activity-for-week-of-july-5.aspx]
Nothing against the players of Halo but I just can't get into it, hell I only know one person who still plays it, I wasn't trying to sound like a douche(though I admit I did), I just assumed it wasn't as popular as it actually is, and I apologize to the people who still play it.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I love how everybody is automatically assuming that Bungie's first thing after Halo is going to be another FPS that caters to fans of the series. If Bungie is the amazing dev everyone thinks they are, (Ridiculous amounts of Halo fans) they should be able to successfully try their hand in something that's not an incredibly basic, boring, and outdated FPS formula.

P.S. I hate Halo. IMO it is easily the most overrated series of all time....there is absolutely nothing remarkable or remotely impressive about the concept behind the game, the gameplay, the visuals, or the story, yet every title has legions of die-hards. It's a self perpetuating series, held up by nothing more than in own undeserved popularity amongst the so-called "hardcore" gamers, who limit themselves to playing only shooting and sports games due to their insecurity over their gaming hobby.

I'll admit that I bought and played 1,2, and 3, and I believe that the 3rd was the best due to it's expansive online and LAN match customization. I also believe that the fact that the most fun I've ever had in the series was playing the user made game modes says a lot about Bungie's lack of creativity and their definition of fun.

Well now I've gone in a circle and convinced myself that making a Halo-clone FPS is EXACTLY what Bungie is going to do........and people will probably buy it. Maybe they'll make a game that's EXACTLY like Halo, but without the Halo name people will take it for what it is and hate it, thus proving my point.