Busted Police Chief Admits He Stole Xbox 360s

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Wait, fifteen Fucking years, just because he lied? I mean, yeah, punish him for the theft, but people get less time for MURDER.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
fenrizz said:
The punishment seems a tad bit excessive, to say the least.

What he did was wrong and he deserves a fine and maybe to loose his job.
But 15 years in prison and up to $500.000 in fine is a bit over the top.
Police officers need to be held to higher standards because of the position and power they hold.

El Presidente

Dec 26, 2011
Way to go, justice system.

I don't really see how this is "Gaming news" though. Granted it's related as it was video game consoles being stolen, but isn't this like a movie news site reporting on a serial DVD player thief?

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Double A said:
gigastar said:
Eh, gets what he deserves for attempted power abuse really. After all a 360 doesnt cost so much that a police chief would be unable to afford one.

So how did Baxton, with his record, become a police chief to begin with?

Ill just assume no other candidates until someone comes out with the bribe accusations.
He was obviously going to sell them.

Even more obviously, it wasn't worth it, risking his job and multiple years in prison for less than a grand in electronics.
Ehh... did you not consider all the other electronics he would've stolen over the years?

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
orangeapples said:
Guys, you've got your math wrong.

They bought 5 xbox360s and put them in the trunk of a car.
When he got to the scene, he told them to put 4 xbox360s in the trunk, opened one box and told them to destroy the box. He was clearly only taking 1 xbox while sending the other 4 to the station as evidence. He'd get like $200 for the thing. If he opened the thing up and sold the parts one by one he just might have gotten enough to buy an xbox 360.
The single xbox was being used as a bribe for the other officer, he asked him to put the other four in the chiefs trunk.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
rapidoud said:
Double A said:
gigastar said:
Eh, gets what he deserves for attempted power abuse really. After all a 360 doesnt cost so much that a police chief would be unable to afford one.

So how did Baxton, with his record, become a police chief to begin with?

Ill just assume no other candidates until someone comes out with the bribe accusations.
He was obviously going to sell them.

Even more obviously, it wasn't worth it, risking his job and multiple years in prison for less than a grand in electronics.
Ehh... did you not consider all the other electronics he would've stolen over the years?
As far as I can tell, it only happened once.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'm no criminal mastermind, but if you're a crooked cop I think that there are more effective ways to make dirty money.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Wait, so he was convicted in the past, but hasn't been tried for this latest crime yet?

Then why is the tone of this thread referencing him as a tried and convicted man? Yes, he broke the law in the past and yes he admitted to the crime (allegedly) and was caught in the act (allegedly) but innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law doesn't go out the window because you're "really, really sure".

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Baxton told the other officer to put four of the 360s in his trunk and to help himself to the remaining unit. Baxton advised the officer to destroy the box it came in.
What a douche.
At least make it a 60-40 split.
Double A said:
As far as I can tell, it only happened once.
For the FBI to have received tips about his stealing, even setting up a trap, he'd have to have done it before.
He also took the bait hook line and sinker without a second thought.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Gilhelmi said:
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
You're a freaking police chief...you pull six figures no problem! You could have bought as many XBOX360s as you wanted. Idiot...Oh, well. The laughs...there were many.
6 figures? I guess in a major city its possible. I was thinking high 5 figures 80-95thousand a year. Still that is 5 times what I make.

Ah well, even the rich can be stupid.
hehehehe, around here - try 15.000 a year.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Strazdas said:
Gilhelmi said:
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
You're a freaking police chief...you pull six figures no problem! You could have bought as many XBOX360s as you wanted. Idiot...Oh, well. The laughs...there were many.
6 figures? I guess in a major city its possible. I was thinking high 5 figures 80-95thousand a year. Still that is 5 times what I make.

Ah well, even the rich can be stupid.
hehehehe, around here - try 15.000 a year.
Ya but what is that for the average citizen where you live? (I am looking it up)

Your profile says Lithuania. So going on that... ... .... .... .... .... reticulation splines

Got it 1650 LTL = $668. That is monthly so 668*12= $8016. So that police chief is making almost twice what the average citizen makes. So that is still a lot to make.

http://www.stat.gov.lt/en/