But I want it nooooow...

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
So, I'm bored and impatient. Skyrim should be delivered tomorrow, but that's a whole 14ish hours before I can play it. I mentioned this to a friend, and they told me to quit whining, back in my day we had to wait months to do something or other yada yada I sorta drifted off halfway through.
I find waiting is easier the longer you have to wait. It's when it gets really close and you only have to wait a short time that it gets agonising. How about you guys? How patient are you? Am I a whiny little bugger? Why am I asking so many questions? What is the purpose of the goggles?
And on a vaguely related note, what's the longest you've waited for something?

If this only slightly makes sense, I blame impatience and the fact that I type the way I would talk.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
BACK IN MY DAY, WE HAD TO WAIT FOR FIVE MILES, UPHILL BOTH WAYS WHILE IT WAS SNOWING. WITH BROKEN LEGS. WHILE CARRYING OUR 200LBS UNCLE TO THE HOSPITAL. BOTH WAYS.

*cough* Anyway, I imagine that I'm extremely patient. I can sit somewhere for literal days without moving. That includes going without food (Although I did have water). I know this because I've been locked in a room for three days before. It was not fun.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I'm very inpatient for everything, especially since my birthday and christmas is soon and there are lots of things I want... including Skyrim so its difficult.

Letitha

Feb 28, 2009
I get extremely hyper when waiting for things, but generally I'd say I'm pretty patient. Christmas is good just so I can see the family and birthdays are a guaranteed film and lunch treat, but apart from that they're just like any other day. Games... are good. Anticipated even, but they aren't the be-all-or-end-all of my existence *shrug*.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I was like this when cereal companies used to sometime have toys that you have to get by filling out the postal form, beg my parent to pay for it their cheque and post it. It take around 4 weeks (28 days) for it to arrive back by post so those four week of waiting were pure hell.

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
I agree that waiting is easier the longer it is. I'm OK at waiting, considering I just about always wait 1-4 years after a game comes out to play it(I wait for an under 20$ deal.), but when the time actually comes close, it gets almost unbearable.

For instance, I just played Half Life 1 for the first time about a week ago.(Amazing game, BTW) I didn't mind waiting years and years for it, but after I ordered it, the 4 days of waiting were driving me CraZY.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010

OT: My patience depends on my mood. Even if I'm being really impatient though, I can usually calm myself down and get over it.

googleit6

May 12, 2010
Wow the first thing I thought of coming into this thread was

Oh, and I plan on getting Skyrim after the multitude of other games to purchase and enjoy this month. (November is a gift and a curse at the same time, really)

The reason I'm so patient is, as stated above, I have so many other awesome games to fill my time with. (And I really didn't like Oblivion so I'm kind of crossing my fingers for Skyrim)

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i am a very impatient man, thus i go into information lock-down 6 month prior to release, in order to avoid getting too hyped(and to preserve the fun in finding something new i didn't read about before). The last time i broke this rule was when the witcher 2 was released and i misread the forums and thought i could start playing at 02:00 but it turned out i stayed up for nothing.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I'm a very impatient person. The wait for a game's release is pure torture for me. That makes it even worse that I'm a huge half-life fan... stupid cliffhanger.
Anyway, maybe you're a whiny little bugger but then the same goes for me because I'm the same right before a game gets released.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
doggie015 said:
Kopikatsu said:
BACK IN MY DAY, WE HAD TO WAIT FOR FIVE MILES, UPHILL BOTH WAYS WHILE IT WAS SNOWING. WITH BROKEN LEGS. WHILE CARRYING OUR 200LBS UNCLE TO THE HOSPITAL. BOTH WAYS.

*cough* Anyway, I imagine that I'm extremely patient. I can sit somewhere for literal days without moving. That includes going without food (Although I did have water). I know this because I've been locked in a room for three days before. It was not fun.
Was that a Jeff Dunham referance? Or just cantfigureitoutitis?

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Jedamethis said:
So, I'm bored and impatient. Skyrim should be delivered tomorrow, but that's a whole 14ish hours before I can play it. I mentioned this to a friend, and they told me to quit whining, back in my day we had to wait months to do something or other yada yada I sorta drifted off halfway through.
I find waiting is easier the longer you have to wait. It's when it gets really close and you only have to wait a short time that it gets agonising. How about you guys? How patient are you? Am I a whiny little bugger? Why am I asking so many questions? What is the purpose of the goggles?
And on a vaguely related note, what's the longest you've waited for something?

If this only slightly makes sense, I blame impatience and the fact that I type the way I would talk.
I really don't mean to be offensive, I am aiming this expletive into open space because of how angry I am at my circumstances not at you or anything related to you:

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.

Basically I did some maths, the only time I will have the money to buy a new computer to run Skyrim will be in 1 year. That is how long I have to wait. Combination of money, work time and the fact that it would be pure irresponsible to play games during this time period and risk my future opportunities. So yeah about a year till I can play skyrim and believe me I am hyped, I was looking forwards to it since the day the rumor was leaked on reddit. So yeah...

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Soggy Toast said:
Just buy it at the store like a normal human being.
I can't read one of your comments without craving a pizza roll, do you have a webspace I can leave a comment on to get some?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I'm getting it for Christmas. I won't be playing it until then, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe it's just because I'm getting older lol, but games aren't everything anymore for me. They're great, they're fun and I love 'em, but my mind is no longer bent on getting a particular game.

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
Reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes comic where Calvin is eagerly awaiting his beanie that is coming in the mail
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/beanie2.gif/]

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009

Don't worry friend. The wait will be worth it.

As for me? I'm pretty patient most of the time. Of course like you, the closer something that's coming out is, the less patient I get. Because I know it's going to come soon and I'm anticipating it. It's kinda weird like that.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Jedamethis said:
But I want it nooooow...
OT: As for something I have waited long for... I guess the biggest one would be Skyrim (Since Oblivion), but as I cleave these underpowered dragons and get killed in 3 hits by an armored bug... I am not sure if I should have...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
*Looks at title* Oh god don't say that! It brings back to many unpleasant memories.

OT: "Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting, it is not logical, but it is often true."
Sorry that seemed relevant.