Buy All Rock Band DLC Ever For $2,500

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Buy All Rock Band DLC Ever For $2,500

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1023/1023413.jpg
A special tier for the fig campaign to bring Rock Band 4 to PC offers every single DLC song ever for just $2,500.

Fig campaign [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/rock%20band%204?os=rock+band+4] underway to bring it to the platform. It's only at $500,000 of it's $1,500,000 goal, but now Hamonix has added a little extra incentive for the most dedicated PC players: a $2,500 donation tier that includes every Rock Band DLC song ever release.

"The exact song count may vary, but we should have over 2,000 songs available, all of them included in our 'Collector' tier for $2,500. Run, don't walk, to our Backer Tier section and check it out. It's the best deal on DLC that we've ever offered, and perfect for the Rock Band Super Fan who wants to start over on PC, or for a Rock Band Super Fan's spouse, parent or band mate," wrote Harmonix in an update [https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc/?update=118#updates].

It should be worth noting that unlike the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Rock Band 4, the PC version will not be backwards compatible with any previously bought Rock Band DLC, meaning fans will have to start over from scratch.

That said, most Rock Band DLC songs are around $2 each, so 2,000 songs would cost you close to $4,000 to purchase individually, making this bundle a decent amount of savings. It will also include any DLC songs that are released for Rock Band 4 this year.

There are currently no plans to bring this mega DLC bundle to the console versions of the game, but Harmonix is "looking into it".

Source: Harmonix [https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc/?update=118#updates]

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I really hope they release sales numbers for this. Because I'm really curious to see how many people purchase this. I would never buy it though, I bet I could buy every some I barely even want for about two hundred... I wouldn't do that either.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just by an actual instrument (or 2) and teach yourself? Or is my maths all off here.

That's a lot of money for all the DLCs.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
I think this highlights just how ridiculous DLC can get. $2500 for a fad that died out years ago? Psychotic.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
I mean, I guess it could be "worth" it if you're a completionist... But frankly, I think most people who are in to that game are perfectly content pretending like... 95% of the DLC songs don't exist. Nice to hear it's coming to PC though, means if I decide to get it at some point, I don't have to buy a next gen console. Why I wouldn't just buy Rocksmith instead... who can say?

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Fig... i only know that company for one reason... Tim (Need more funding) Schafer.

As much as i love rockband, and want it on a system that i own, it is a party game that needs a big tv, and an open living room to fit all the instruments and empty beer bottles...

oh and the not all the dlc songs are worth it, there is maybe $100 dollars worth of good songs you will like.

ZCAB

Jan 15, 2013
Country
Netherlands
You would have to be an insane completionist collector for this to be worth it in any way. Even if you were enough of a fan to spend $2,500 on the game and support for the campaign, you would still be able to buy 750 songs if you chose the $1,000 tier and used the remaining $1,500 to buy DLC. I'm pretty sure anyone who's not obsessed with owning every song in this game will be hard-pressed to find 750 songs that they want to have.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
...wait, Rockband is still a thing? In 2016? huh, the unexpected things you find out.

Anyway, I... have no clue who this is for, really. 2500 bucks for all the songs? Seriously? How is that a reward tier? Hell, why is that a reward tier on Fig? Isn't that supposed to be for companies and shit to kickstart things, not the basic users who'd actually play all the songs?

'S fuckin' weird.

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
Elfgore said:
I really hope they release sales numbers for this. Because I'm really curious to see how many people purchase this. I would never buy it though, I bet I could buy every some I barely even want for about two hundred... I wouldn't do that either.
It's been available since March 22nd and so far a grand total of 4 people have purchased it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
What a horrible idea! There's a lot of crap on the RB set lists. Not to mention, it's already kind of a nightmare to navigate the songs I have for Xbox 360. I couldn't imagine sorting through 2000+songs.

Parasondox said:
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just by an actual instrument (or 2) and teach yourself? Or is my maths all off here.

That's a lot of money for all the DLCs.
I have two real guitars (electric and 12 string acoustic-electric). I have a keyboard. I also have Rock Bands 1-3. With the exception of Pro Mode in 3, they're different animals.

With the inclusion of Pro Mode, it's more fun to play keyboards with the game than to practice alone. Actually, I was really bummed to find there were no keys in RB4, pro or otherwise.

This is why I also own Rocksmith. Playing a real instrument can actually be made more fun by "gamifying" it. I'll eventually learn a song I want, but it can speed up the process greatly.

FogHornG36 said:
As much as i love rockband, and want it on a system that i own, it is a party game that needs a big tv, and an open living room to fit all the instruments and empty beer bottles...
Fortunately, my PC is hooked up to my TV.

oh and the not all the dlc songs are worth it, there is maybe $100 dollars worth of good songs you will like.
I don't know, I think there's more than 50 good tracks out of the 2000. I just can't imagine there being even a 50% "like" rate.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
Not gonna lie; if this was a) on console and b) cross-platform compatible (I've gone PS4 this gen), I'd potentially consider it. (I blew ?330 buying all the Guitar Hero DLC before they pulled that off the market...)

T_ConX

Mar 8, 2010
Oh look, the company that filled my living room with oversized fake guitars wants more of my money in exchange for stuff I may have already bought. Fuck off Harmonix. Your Amplitude remake was shit.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
That's more expensive then all the DLC for Train Simulator! And Train Simulator is a much more fun game!

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Something Amyss said:
I don't know, I think there's more than 50 good tracks out of the 2000. I just can't imagine there being even a 50% "like" rate.
I had about a thousand before Rock Band 3 (Despite pro keys interesting me, my interest kind of slacked off with the Achievement-Hunter style of 3, over the pseudo-story layout of 1 & 2, it just felt too much like work). I enjoyed most of them. And I know they added more for at least a couple of years after.

Granted, the RBN songs won't come to PC (I'm guessing, since they didn't cross to RB4), also probably not the export packs from earlier games and Lego/Green Day. Licensing might tie up stuff that wasn't licensed for PC release too (since the Music Labels will be all "OMGERD, they could extract the song on PC and get it for free outside the game"

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Haha, wow. No. I'll consider it if it drops to $20, and even then I'm not sure.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Seth Carter said:
I had about a thousand before Rock Band 3 (Despite pro keys interesting me, my interest kind of slacked off with the Achievement-Hunter style of 3, over the pseudo-story layout of 1 & 2, it just felt too much like work). I enjoyed most of them. And I know they added more for at least a couple of years after.
I think this is solely counting DLC tracks, though. Not exported.

I get what you're saying about the style, but personally, I was fine with it. There were two ways I played the game: fake instrument party style, and pro keys practice mode. I wasn't too interested in playing a story mode myself. As such, RB3 was the best RB/GH game I ever played, but I could see why people might not feel the same way.

Granted, the RBN songs won't come to PC (I'm guessing, since they didn't cross to RB4), also probably not the export packs from earlier games and Lego/Green Day. Licensing might tie up stuff that wasn't licensed for PC release too (since the Music Labels will be all "OMGERD, they could extract the song on PC and get it for free outside the game"
No RBN DLC? Wonder how they're going to get 2000 songs, then. This only includes DLC released this year, and the current track count is 1,600 or so. Are they really planning on 400 songs or more? Still, lack of RBN takes out quite a few tracks I most play, even if they're not the lion's share of my music.

Anyway, I doubt the piracy thing is going to be a deal. Rocksmith is going strong. They've got a bit under half the tracks Rock Band has for DLC, but still. I would expect popular tracks would be an issue if record companies were that concerned. What's got me curious is the Steam Workshop element they're touting, in that you can actually use a MIDI device to create music.

T_ConX said:
Oh look, the company that filled my living room with oversized fake guitars wants more of my money in exchange for stuff I may have already bought. Fuck off Harmonix. Your Amplitude remake was shit.
Well, no. They're offering an optional pack for backers of their attempt to get Rock Band on PC, something people have been begging for for years. Not sure where the animosity comes from.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
T_ConX said:
Anger issues much?
They're offering a product, that's what businesses do.

When you walk into the shops and see an apple that you don't want to buy do you say "Fuck off Walmart. Your pears were shit!"?!?

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Something Amyss said:
No RBN DLC? Wonder how they're going to get 2000 songs, then. This only includes DLC released this year, and the current track count is 1,600 or so. Are they really planning on 400 songs or more? Still, lack of RBN takes out quite a few tracks I most play, even if they're not the lion's share of my music.
The RBN will be on the PC version. Songs won't automatically transfer though. If a band wants their song on the PC RBN they have to resubmit it.