Buy Minecraft, Get More Minecraft

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Buy Minecraft, Get More Minecraft

To celebrate his impending wedding, Notch is giving a free copy of Minecraft to anyone who buys Minecraft.

The Escapist takes a fairly dim view of internet memes, so let's just imagine I made the obligatory "I put Minecraft in your Minecraft" joke and move on. If you purchase a copy of Minecraft [http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp] this weekend, you will receive a gift code you can give to someone you love and/ore (hoho) hate. Or you could sell it, I guess. You and your loved one (or loyal customer) can then spend your days wandering the wilderness, punching trees, riding pigs and living in perpetual fear, [http://www.gamebreakers.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/endermen.jpg] together.

It's a perfect way to cap off an exciting month for Notch. Not only is he getting married, Minecraft broke 3 million sales this month, selling around 300,000 copies in 30 days, and he announced Minecon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112241-Buy-MineCon-Tickets-Now-and-Get-a-Chance-to-Meet-Notch], an upcoming Minecraft convention taking place on November the 18th in Las Vegas. Oh, and Bethesda sent him an angry letter claiming that his upcoming game Scrolls infringes on their trademark and people may mistake it for Skyrim [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112106-Bethesda-Says-Mojangs-Scrolls-Infringes-on-Elder-Scrolls-Mark]. Like I said, exciting.

Source: Notch [http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8829997577/wedding-weekend]

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
sucks if you already have bought the game but i do wish the man all the luck in the world both with marriage and with bethesda law suit. i encourage those who havent thought about it to purchase it now and get more people into the bandwagon

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
What, so those who liked it before it went mainstream get no bonus? That sucks!

Minecraft within Minecraft...

Mine-Ception-Craft!

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
There are people still buying Minecraft? I thought everyone had it by now, cool sale though, smaller games who want a focus on multiplayer might want to take note of this, help double your online population, gotta love free stuff!

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Neotericity said:
There are people still buying Minecraft? I thought everyone had it by now, cool sale though, smaller games who want a focus on multiplayer might want to take note of this, help double your online population, gotta love free stuff!
Yeah, and I'm glad I put it off for so long.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Now to find two people who don't have Minecraft and capitalize on this. I don't think I have enough time to do that.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
MrJKapowey said:

Mine-Ception-Craft!
This is the hardest part of my job, basically. Dealing with folks who get mad that we have a sale now when they bought something 8 weeks ago.

I get that you aren't seriously upset, but it just reminded me of the support inquiries.

*shivers*

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Bethesda sent him an angry letter claiming that his upcoming game Scrolls infringes on their trademark and people may mistake it for Skyrim [http://www.google.ca/search?q=bethseda+notch+escapist&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a]. Like I said, exciting.

Source: Notch [http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8829997577/wedding-weekend]

Why does the link go to Google?

Not that I have a problem with that, but still... did have too many tabs open?

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Neotericity said:
I am the exception there. Still need to get the money together. Anyway this is pretty awesome. If I did this I could sell the code to someone for a good price. There soul.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Well, I already have Minecraft of course, but I've been wanting to get both my dad and a friend to get it, so I might be able to knock out two birds with one stone here... hopefully this works if you're buying a gift code (I'm betting it does).

Also, what the hell is this? I've seen some illegible captchas in by day, but...

EDIT:
TundraWolf said:
You know what really sucks?

I just recently talked my friend into getting Minecraft. He bought himself an account and I introduced him to my server, and got him started on his way. He's already built himself a cool looking dragon thing. He's been having a lot of fun with it since he bought an account.

Yesterday.

He bought his account yesterday. I'm a bit scared to tell him if he had waited a single day, he would've gotten a free second copy. All things considered, that's actually pretty lame, if you ask me.

Still, I have two other people who should have accounts. So maybe I'll buy one and give them both away.
Wow, that sucks; I hate it when things like that happen.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
You know what really sucks?

I just recently talked my friend into getting Minecraft. He bought himself an account and I introduced him to my server, and got him started on his way. He's already built himself a cool looking dragon thing. He's been having a lot of fun with it since he bought an account.

Yesterday.

He bought his account yesterday. I'm a bit scared to tell him if he had waited a single day, he would've gotten a free second copy. All things considered, that's actually pretty lame, if you ask me.

Still, I have two other people who should have accounts. So maybe I'll buy one and give them both away.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Neotericity said:
I don't own Minecraft and have no intentions of buying it, it just isn't my thing. But I do like to see all the cool shit that people make with it. This game really is something that will change the way we look at gaming.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i have the indie bundle trial right now. is anyone willing to get me a copy i would really appreciate it. if u do just send me a mail or quote me. i don't want to pirate a great game like some other people i know

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
MrJKapowey said:

Mine-Ception-Craft!
FUCK! NINJA'D!
OT: congratulations, now there will soon be another Persson in the world. (will they change their last name to Peeople when talked about together?)
but seriously, this sounds like a great deal. notch is awesome.