C&C Series Will be F2P For The Foreseeable Future

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I wish we stuck to new IPs for the "new" generation. C&C, Starcraft, Starwars, Fable and Max Payne are toilet scrubbers these days.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I'm so annoyed with the game industry these days. I used to find heaps of great games from every genre, many of those now are treated poorly with non stop milking and these fucking changes. Even when they get a couple of things right (no surprise that they become the most popular), the other aspects are bloody piss poor.

You 'think' maybe the days of a boxed [Command and Conquer] releases are probably over? No, you want it to be over to fit your selfish shithole vision. Just like that bullshit artist that said it was impossible to make SimCity 5 work offline, your taking a beloved franchise and mutating into something else. I'm so fucking sick of it. I really miss the 90's.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
There's not much I can add that hasn't been said already by other CnC fans in this thread. But I can't help but lament the situation. This is really cutting open the goose that laid the golden eggs. This is a developer, or I suspect a publisher, who just doesn't know the value of what they have.

They'll probably make a bit of money on it. I have no doubt in the old adage of "There's a sucker born every minute". But this is damning and damaging to not only the franchise but the people who supported it since the early 90s. But it's not really a surprise. CnC 4 could not have missed the mark by a wider margin.

EA in general needs to get it's house in order. They need someone who understands games, gamers, audience, and that if you want to lead, you can't constantly be following the other guys. This is blatantly chasing StarCraft or MOBAs or some other thing.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Command and Conquer 2013 has been designed to support ten years worth of continued content.
I give it a year, tops. No-one wants to play that shit.

Fortunately, I still have my Dune 2 floppies. Now if only I actually had a drive to put them in...

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
And here I thought EA was changing!

Nope, still same old fucking assholes as usual. I guess they're trying to step up their game now that they have Microsoft to contend with for the worst company award next year.