Caffeine appreciation thread!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Reaperman Wompa said:
Funnily enough, I've never tried the serious energy drinks, but I consider myself addicted to Caffeine...weird. Anyways I love Coca Cola and pepsi, could probably live off them, except for the whole needing water/other stuff thing.
I would honestly NOT bother with the energy drinks if you can help it. I got hooked on them from just days and days of late night cram sessions and stuff. But they're damn expensive and you crash HARD from one of those things!

On a tangentially related note, has anyone tried Rockstar Vodka? Man those things are amazing. I'm talking about the pre-canned ones (which remove the taurine! Very important!) not just mixing rockstar and vodka.

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
Sooner or later, I'll wind up in a dark alley shooting up caffeine. Just watch. Right now, though, it's 1:38am, the haiku filter is off, and it's time to show some appreciation.

Oh, my chai latte!
How I do adore thee so.
Let me count the ways.

Seriously, I need to sleep.

Cahlee

Aug 21, 2008
My allergies make it difficult for me to partake in much caffeiny goodness. I'm a tea drinker, no milk. Much like ponies who drink rainbow tea!

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
I'm only really a coffee person, energy drinks don't thrill me that much. I usually need coffee to stay awake during lectures at uni.... oh god, they can be sooo boring sometimes.

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
I love coffee and would invade a country to ensure my supply.

Best I have tried is from the native growers on Mt Hagen in Papua New Guinea (a friend was working there). Very smooth and quite sweet.

Even for me this is going a couple of steps too far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

If a cat ate it first, then it is all over for that bean IMO.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
[small]*sings* Dr Pepper... whats the worst that could happen[/small]

i checked the side of my Dr Pepper bottle, wooooo! no wonder i cant sleep ^-^, caffeeeeeeine

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
AC10 said:
I take mine with milk and sugar. My one roommate drinks his black and he hates me for it, but whatever, he can go to hell :p

Also, if you want to mix up your coffee experience the coffee mate flavour... uh, things are really good! Just make sure to get the liquid kind. French vanilla is my favorite!

Man I should go make some coffee...
I've had some kind of "Irish Cream" flavour or something before, and it was quite nice... I think there's another one lying around somewhere. Excuse me...

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Jarra coffe, swiss style, cocoa flavour, when you drink you will hit nirvana!!

Gunn01

Feb 13, 2009
When i need a caffeine fix i usually go to coffee. I like it black, none of that cream or sugar mucking up the flavor. When i drink energy drinks i find that the best ones are Xenergy. They all taste great and have no calories

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
When I was still in school I used to be really bad about the caffine. I would save my lunch money and buy 4 liters of Jolt(The official soft drink of the elite hacker.) on either Friday evening or Saturday morning depending on when I got into town and be out by Sunday night, I did this almost every week for a year and a half.

Nowadays I still pick up the occasional Jolt, either Blue, Cola or Cherry Bomb, I have a coffee stand where the morning people know me by name, I go for an Amp every now and then, I love Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper, I'll drink tea quite often. I still get my caffine fix but not like I used to.

I can't stand the majority of those energy drinks like Monster or Rockstar, they all taste like crap and most of them smell like cat piss and I refuse to drink anything with artificial sweeteners in it and most of those things use aspartame or sucralose to cover the taste of all the caffine and the taurine.

JHaakma

Dec 27, 2008
The best coffee i ever had was from a dairy where they sold coffee in cans, heated in a pie warmer. Packed with artificial flavours, it was DELICIOUS. I had one everyday back in highschool. Now back at University I'm back to instant coffee, and the occasional pepsi.

Coffee+cigarette - the greatest combination EVER

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I just moved the coffee maker into my room to finish (lets be honest, start) my paper! WOOO IT'S GO TIME!!!!!!!!

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
I can't stand caffeine. As it is something that I rarely use in any form, it leaves me unable to sleep and shakey and generally ill.

One time, I was ill and I took a flu remedy all day, and stayed awake for about 25/26 hours. Absolutely horrible. And all down to caffeine.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
I can't stand caffeine. As it is something that I rarely use in any form, it leaves me unable to sleep and shakey and generally ill.

One time, I was ill and I took a flu remedy all day, and stayed awake for about 25/26 hours. Absolutely horrible. And all down to caffeine.
I wish I could stay awake that long! The amount of work I could get done!
It's 6:45am here and I haven't slept yet, probably won't go to sleep until 2:00pm after I get home from my first and only lecture of the day haha.

I've been "writing a paper" all night but i've really just been on these forums screwing around.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I drink a cup of coffee every morning. It doesn't give me any sort of energy, but I get a headache later on in the day if I don't. Does this mean I'm addicted? *cries*

Anyway, even though coffee doesn't give me any mentionable boost, if I drink half a glass of any energydrink I become so energetic I can't concentrate on anything. Damn you friends for saying chugging one of those would help me read to exams!