Call of Cthulhu Concept Art Teases New Frogwares Horror Title

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Call of Cthulhu Concept Art Teases New Frogwares Horror Title

Looks interesting so far, at least judging by the concept art.

Horror-haunted houses of Arkham, the rotten decadence of Innsmouth, the troubled dreams of Kingsport, all linked inexorably with the Mythos, and at its heart, great Cthulhu, who lies not dead, but dreaming, deep beneath the Pacific. Video games have tried to recreate that kind of malevolent nihilistic nightmare again and again, and now Frogwares and Focus Home Interactive - the folks behind Cthulhu-inspired puzzler Magrunner [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125226-Magrunner-Dark-Pulse-Channels-Portal-Fhtagn] - are taking a shot. All we have for now is concept art; feast your eyes!

[gallery=2023]

Call of Cthulhu has had an uneven gaming track record. The tabletop RPG is one of the oldest pen-and-pencil games still in publication, but video games based on the Mythos have been known to fall flat. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth had a brilliant start, including a fantastic early chase sequence in Innsmouth, but turned into a bog-standard shooter halfway through. Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land is a fun turn-based strategy mobile title set in World War One, but more pulp than purist horror, as the player shoots up Germans and Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath with equal ease.

We don't even know the title of this one yet, never mind a release date. Here's hoping something horrible will come of Frogwares and Focus Home's next collaboration!

Source: Focus Home Interactive Twitter [https://twitter.com/FocusHome/status/423840807263563776]

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Oh my yes. I have been waiting for another title like this for a while now. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Chaosian said:
Anyone else remember Dark Corners of the Earth? I'm kinda excited for this!
I was thinking that exactly...Gamecube owners had Eternal Darkness but Xbox owners (and PC) got Dark Corners of the Earth, A great game that almost got a sequel!

Anyway...typing that out, I'm kind of worried it may be XBone exclusive...which is a shame because the idea of building a gaming PC is daunting to me (buh-dum-tish, bad joke) Anyway, I really hope this is out on multiple platforms...or maybe Microsoft has read my passive-aggressive posts about Xbox exclusives that kinda just dropped off of the face of the Earth.

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
The screenshots look impressive, but I'm reserving judgement till I've seen some gameplay.

But I really hope this turns out good. I also hope someone puts in an Old man Henderson mode.

Ryunami

Jul 1, 2011
Karloff said:
The tabletop RPG is one of the oldest pen-and-pencil games still in publication (...)
I think that's supposed to be "pen and aper", not pen and pencil.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
Ryunami said:
Karloff said:
The tabletop RPG is one of the oldest pen-and-pencil games still in publication (...)
I do believe that's supposed to be "pen and paper", not pen and aper.

Ryunami

Jul 1, 2011
Nokturos said:
Ryunami said:
Karloff said:
I do believe that's supposed to be "pen and paper", not pen and aper.
That's what You get for not paying enough attention when correcting others, i guess. Of course You're right, i meant to write "pen and paper". Thanks for correcting my correction. =)