Call of Duty 4 Boasts at Least 11m Unique Users on XBL

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Best FPS i've played online.
the perks many people complain about are perfectly fine by me ( and just for the record, i use steady aim ).

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
bjj hero said:
sooperman said:
The one single thing that takes away greatly from "arguably one of the best console multiplayer experiences available" is frag grenades/martyrdom. They make me so mad I wanna eat the dang disk sometimes :mad:
Its part of the game along with last stand, juggernaught, RPGs and Noob tubes. You have equal acess to them, embrace them.

Just dont ask about me taking over kill to get more noob tube rounds...
Tell me, bjj hero, do you use martyrdom?
This is the only argument anyone has for it. People also tell you just avoid the grenade, but that assumes the person you killed it the only enemey shooting at you. Plus, 95% of players have it on at least 1 class, so that is impossible sometimes. Perks like Last Stand and Juggernaut are fair because you still have to work for your kill. With martyrdom, its a cheap kill that you don't deserve. RPGs are hard to kill with because the grenade swirves in mid-air, so you have to think about the aiming.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
Considering alot of Halo players dabble into CoD4 its not suprising, but boasting 11 million players, as versus what Bungie released a few days ago about the number of games played is comparing 2 different things. it'd be interesting to see how many games have been played over live tho.

Drednought1

Sep 3, 2008
i agree, as good a game as it is i wish that they had chosen a game that wasnt full of semi-auto weapons disguised as rifles.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
sooperman said:
Tell me, bjj hero, do you use martyrdom?
This is the only argument anyone has for it. People also tell you just avoid the grenade, but that assumes the person you killed it the only enemey shooting at you. Plus, 95% of players have it on at least 1 class, so that is impossible sometimes. Perks like Last Stand and Juggernaut are fair because you still have to work for your kill. With martyrdom, its a cheap kill that you don't deserve. RPGs are hard to kill with because the grenade swirves in mid-air, so you have to think about the aiming.
I only play hardcore so I dont use martydom, its not fair on my team mates. Its still part of the game and I dont complain. Its no worse than being caught with a random nade that has been tossed high across the map. You just get on with it.

When I play with friends and Im caught with martydom its normally followed by "watch for such and such, hes got Martydom". Then we get back to killing the other team. It hardly breaks the game.