Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Leaked, Releases November 4 - Update

Bindal

May 14, 2012
The Gentleman said:
So either Kevin Spacey is your boss or the big bad behind it all. Given his critical monologue of US foreign policy, it may be both (ala MW2).
Heck, both would be awesome (and that you are also always on his side, never against him) and going for a anti-american theme as the previous ones almost always were pro-american (with Ghosts taking the cake - and the two Black Ops games toning it down for the most part and the first even having justified it due it being the Cold War)

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
So how much of this game is a scripted event?

"BUT OUR GAMES ARE SO COMPELLING AND IMMERSIVE, A TRUE GAMER EXPERIEN-" - No, stop talking. *Gets pillow* shhhhhhh

ihavetwo

Mar 19, 2014
Damnit they made the game look interesting, that means I might end up buying it if it's actually any good.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
Did they really have to rip-off STALKER with the exo-suits?

Also, looks like every other COD game that came out in the last decade.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
So, are we calling this Kevin of Duty or Call of Spacey? Maybe something else entirely?
Call of Spacey is way better in my opinion.

I checked the trailer again just to be sure and I asked myself "Why on earth is Kevin Spacey as a character in a CoD game?" Answer: moneeeeeeeeey.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
munx13 said:
Did they really have to rip-off STALKER with the exo-suits?
Nope. That's what exoskeletons in real life look like, if a little cruder. Plus there's the myriad of sci-fi that has soldiers in power armour that pretty much makes them superhuman. It's not a new idea.

OT: I don't know. I'm intrigued, but this is CoD we're talking about. It's probably going to have the cool stuff that's in the trailer for about 5 minutes before it goes back to using guns to shoot the men. But who knows. It may even be this gen's CoD 4, although that requires the devs and Activision have some sort of tact with the subject matter. On another note, it definitely looks a whole bunch purtier than previous instalments.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Alluos said:
I'm really beginning to dislike this whole "actor's likeness remodelled in game" trend going on...
It was cute in Mass Effect where it was the odd random model turned into a blue alien or whatever, but now it just seems to be video games trying to copy what a celebrity face does for movies...
Kevin whyyyy!? D:
If I was a famous actor, I'd only accept voice roles if they modeled my face in my best years.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Revolutionary said:
Absolutely nothing like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter we promise.
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Yea Sledgehammer Games....

Your creativity in the naming department leaves much to be desired. Way to think outside, but pressed right up against, the box.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
Well, if they add more to the gameplay
We already now how that works, any new element of gameplay will be used for one (UNT PRECIZELY VON!) sequence lasting between thirty seconds and five minutes, then it will never be seen or mentioned again, because that's how Call of Duty rolls.

Of course, if this game turns out to be a complete revelation I'll happily buy it, but the last CoD I bought was number 4, so I'm not holding my breath.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
Mahorfeus said:
Well, if they add more to the gameplay
We already now how that works, any new element of gameplay will be used for one (UNT PRECIZELY VON!) sequence lasting between thirty seconds and five minutes, then it will never be seen or mentioned again, because that's how Call of Duty rolls.
Except Strike Force. That they repeat a few times, is actually a good (but not very good executed) idea - and then everyone hates it because it comes more often than the mentioned 5 minutes.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
A new CoD game coming out in November, right before the Christmas season?

I just pissed myself, this is nothing like how it has been for the past CoD games.

M Silverthorn

Nov 9, 2008
Honestly? The fact that it's "just another Call of Duty" turned me off from the idea from the very beginning, but...

This is oddly compelling. I'd expect this from some political-military movie of some kind - with Kevin Spacey, even! For once, a shooter has me interested in its story, of all things. How about that?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
If they're actually, properly going to run with crazy stuff like exoskeletons, mecha suits and hoverbikes then I would actually not mind checking this out. What can I say, sometimes it's fun to turn off your brain and enjoy a nice, brainless action spectacle. And I have a soft spot for near-future settings so that helps.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course.
What, you mean three frames of a first person view in a hoverbike isn't enough?

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Least it seems a little less "'Murica" than the the previous installments. I haven't been interested in a CoD game since MW2, this is a nice refreshing change of pace.

EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course. Just glad that the story doesn't seem to consist of masturbating into the american flag and then smothering yourself with it.
squeebles12 said:
I wasn't impressed by the description of it at all and the screenshots looked terrible for some reason to me, but honestly after watching the trailer I found myself thinking it looked quite good. I'm also kinda impressed by Spacey as it sounds like for once we won't have a game that is based solely around the awe inspiring power of 'murica and how it protects every part of the world at the same time, a la Team America.
So for now I am going to be cautiously optimistic about this one.

Still think that no call of duty has ever been able to do good faces, for some reason they look like painted play dough
Okay, I haven't been much of a fan of CoD since 4, but you guys know that the main two characters in the entire Modern Warfare series are British and Scottish right? Along with most of their task force. Hell, the bad guy in Modern Warfare 2 is an American general.

I haven't played Ghosts, but isn't that about America barely managing to keep itself running as a third world country being invaded?

I don't actually see the modern CoDs sticking with many "'Murican" stereotypes.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
Trailer was excellent. Thats the end of that story. Won't buy CoD in any form, but damn that was a good trailer.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Well at least the series has finally realized it's gone full ultra-right wing.
Then towards the end it became MURICA crazy right-wing nutjub logic against the evil PMC right-wing nutjob logic.

So yah, looks like par for the course for the yearly CoD.

Okay, I haven't been much of a fan of CoD since 4, but you guys know that the main two characters in the entire Modern Warfare series are British and Scottish right? Along with most of their task force. Hell, the bad guy in Modern Warfare 2 is an American general.

I haven't played Ghosts, but isn't that about America barely managing to keep itself running as a third world country being invaded?

I don't actually see the modern CoDs sticking with many "'Murican" stereotypes.
MW2's sin was just being stupid and OH LOOK DRAMA DRAMA ANGST and attempting to be a serious recreation of the plot of Red Dawn in modern society.

Ghost's plot is based is based off a white paper used by the pentagon into scaring people into getting more funding (what if ALL South America invaded us through the Mexican border... yah.. no context there). In which the US has their 100% illegal orbital superweapon designed for use on civilians stolen from them. Also fascist undertones but whatever.

It was somehow worse than the BlOps 2 "look how evil and crazy populists are".