Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Leaked, Releases November 4 - Update

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So...we're actually turning on the U.S. government in this one? I find that hard to believe, unless the U.S. has been corrupted and needs a change of leadership. But if they do actually go with that, points for taking a risk. Not sure I'll enjoy it, but still.

Looks way better than Ghosts, which isn't saying much, but I am interested in this game now. I wish someone would make an actual future Call of Duty game though, with space battles and laser guns and all that stuff.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
So no weird Southern accent from Spacey? Oh, well. This could have been funny if it was directly connected to House of Cards.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Now if only they can get it to not run like a disabled turtle on anything but NASA's supercomputers and actually have an FOV slider I might get it for PC. Ghosts was fucking terrible, and thank god for them giving us a free weekend so I can learn not to buy it.
Blops 2 runs on ancient tech (Pentium E5700, Ati HD 4770, 3 GB ram). Also had a FOV slider and lots of options and was buttery smooth.

Ghosts ran like fucking shit on my rig;

Core i5 4670K
Nvidia GTX 670
16GB DDR3 @ 1.6GHz

Seriously it choked on at around 20fps at launch.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
This actually sounds like a rather intelligent take on world politics and US intervention. Damn, haven't seen that since CoD 4, color me interested...

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
The story actually has me a bit intrigues on this one, the only problem is that the story is often the least important part of a COD game and there is no way I would pay $60 to walk down a corridor for 4 hours going from set piece to set piece. Also I can just see them pulling a twist at the end and making Stacey and his company the villains and make it seem that even though does force democracy onto people it all turns out to be better than under their previous government or something like that.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Compatriot Block said:
I haven't played Ghosts, but isn't that about America barely managing to keep itself running as a third world country being invaded?
Yes - while still having about three bazillion tanks, half an army and more attack choppers than you ever need... (Honestly, that game is cementing the stuff people make up about it rather than contradicting it)

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
The trailer was actually really damn cool, but I'll wait for gameplay for I make a judgment call. At least the graphics don't look 5 years out of date this time.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Calling this a leak implies that someone involved didn't want news to get out. Call it for what it is - flow.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
Sarge034 said:
Darren716 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm pretty sure Kevin Spacey is the villain here. Most of the details that have been revealed have said he is the leader of a Private military contractor that tries to take down the US government. Makes sense with what he is saying in the trailer.

Although the trailer makes it look like you'll be playing as a soldier under him, so that might be cool.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Saucycarpdog said:
Sarge034 said:
Darren716 said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm pretty sure Kevin Spacey is the villain here. Most of the details that have been revealed have said he is the leader of a Private military contractor that tries to take down the US government. Makes sense with what he is saying in the trailer.

Although the trailer makes it look like you'll be playing as a soldier under him, so that might be cool.
I reckon it'll most likely follow the "Working for big company, turns out the big company is shit, now let's fight the big company!" plot. Either that or having two separate campaigns like they did in everything but Ghosts.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
Well good for them they passed the franchise to Sledgehammer, they deserved a shot. Not like they could fuck it up harder than IW did anyway.

Maybe, just maybe it turns out good and I buy another COD game after skipping last 2 (3) games.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
"Advanced Warfare"... Seriously?

That sounds like what you'd call a parody of Call of Duty, and they're going with it completely strait faced, atleast "Black Ops" and "Ghosts" had semi-original sounding titles.

OT: Yeah, still not really feelin' it, probably won't follow it after this point, so is the way of things.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
cojo965 said:
What would you say if I said, neither?
I would most likely nitpick your grammar because 'neither' implies a choice between two options and I listed three.

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
deathbydeath said:
cojo965 said:
What would you say if I said, neither?
I would most likely nitpick your grammar because 'neither' implies a choice between two options and I listed three.
So there is, so then I would say none of the above, it just looks cool to me.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Amaror said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Least it seems a little less "'Murica" than the the previous installments. I haven't been interested in a CoD game since MW2, this is a nice refreshing change of pace.

EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course. Just glad that the story doesn't seem to consist of masturbating into the american flag and then smothering yourself with it.
Really? Because i got quite a "Murica" wipe from it. How America was allways declaring their wars SOLELY to bring Democracy to those poor people. And how those countries are just too shit to let it stick afterwards.

That said, i haven't played any of the previous installments, accept Modern Warfare. I also haven't watched any Trailers for the other installments. I watched this one because Spacey's in it. So the others might have been a lot worse, i don't know.
This one has something the others didn't: perspective. Now instead of "the foreigners are trying to stahp er democracy and freedums" it's actually confronting the idea that maybe the whole "we must protect our freedums" is just bullshit propaganda and they only give a shit about money.

Well they haven't said that yet but they're only one step away from it and I hope they take it.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Compatriot Block said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Least it seems a little less "'Murica" than the the previous installments. I haven't been interested in a CoD game since MW2, this is a nice refreshing change of pace.

EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course. Just glad that the story doesn't seem to consist of masturbating into the american flag and then smothering yourself with it.
squeebles12 said:
I wasn't impressed by the description of it at all and the screenshots looked terrible for some reason to me, but honestly after watching the trailer I found myself thinking it looked quite good. I'm also kinda impressed by Spacey as it sounds like for once we won't have a game that is based solely around the awe inspiring power of 'murica and how it protects every part of the world at the same time, a la Team America.
So for now I am going to be cautiously optimistic about this one.

Still think that no call of duty has ever been able to do good faces, for some reason they look like painted play dough
Okay, I haven't been much of a fan of CoD since 4, but you guys know that the main two characters in the entire Modern Warfare series are British and Scottish right? Along with most of their task force. Hell, the bad guy in Modern Warfare 2 is an American general.

I haven't played Ghosts, but isn't that about America barely managing to keep itself running as a third world country being invaded?

I don't actually see the modern CoDs sticking with many "'Murican" stereotypes.
I think I agree with you on CoD4. That one was kind of a masterpiece, and maybe 6 aswell, though a ranger slaughtering civvies just because he was undercover made me wanna hit something. Really didn't like the idea of "he was just following orders" and then no one blinking when they found out. Though that might've just been a hole in the writing.

I haven't heard much of Ghosts, so I can't say for certain. What I did hear was that the US had built a massive Doomsday Spaceweapon and South America of all places decided to invade. South America, the place with oh-so much technology. Again though, I haven't played it or seen much of it, so I'm probably completely wrong.

Maybe I'm just comparing the trailers for each game in my mind. The trailers for the previous games felt like they were shouting "foreigners comin' for our freedums", where as this one doesn't seem to be doing that.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
EDIT: Not that I'm gonna even consider buying it until I see some of the actual game-play of course.
What, you mean three frames of a first person view in a hoverbike isn't enough?
90% sure that was be another cutscene.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
So this time I get to be an evil soldier of fortune type who works for someone unapologetically fascist?

I like it. I mean, I'm one of those guys who kills innocents for fun in sandbox games, so being a soldier of fortune should really be fun.