Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Review - Game Boy Advanced

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
TippiestRook said:
Delcast said:
When I saw "PRESS X TO PAY RESPECTS" I simply laughed my ass off... because whoever is developing this has to know that is fantastic parody... right?
I hope they know that.

Anyhow, that was a good review, I agree with most of the points, but I still have had a blast with it.
Same,I remember laughing my ass off when this scene came up.
On my phone it looks like someone was impaled by a giant carrot.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Netrigan said:
TippiestRook said:
Delcast said:
When I saw "PRESS X TO PAY RESPECTS" I simply laughed my ass off... because whoever is developing this has to know that is fantastic parody... right?
I hope they know that.

Anyhow, that was a good review, I agree with most of the points, but I still have had a blast with it.
Same,I remember laughing my ass off when this scene came up.
On my phone it looks like someone was impaled by a giant carrot.
And that, good sir, is pretty damn hilarious. I'd laugh as well.

"Here lies the remnants of Jonathan Garrett; his chest was impaled by a gigantic carrot."

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ragsnstitches said:
I remember an episode of Extra Credits where one of the crew mentioned that if you interpret CoD as Satire, you'd find it far more enjoyable. Are we absolutely sure, given that particular scene, that CoD isn't actually satire? It's too funny to be a genuine attempt at drama.

Alas, I doubt it is the case. The series isn't known for its self awareness. Also, satire or no, tired and dated mechanics with superfluous gimmicks still makes it a mediocre game at best. Hopefully this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and gives way to a new (or old but better) franchise to take the limelight.
Well, they specifically said "If you play MW3 and think of it as a satire of the Modern Military Shooters, it all works so much better".

Though lately it feels like CoD basically turned into a parody of what it used to be purely by accident. Somewhere along the way it feels like the writers forgot that the original point of CoD, other then "No one fights alone" was that war is terrible(but sometimes necessary), morphing into "Explosions! America!", like someone who tries to recreate Van Gogh's Starry Night without actually understanding why people think Starry Night is a wonderful piece of art and ending up with Childerns artwork done by grownups.

BLOPS II came close to bringing the series back to where it started(which is surprising just how over the place BLOPS was), but nobody else seems to have gotten the message.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
imo games are costing too much to make and that?s why almost all big budget games are mediocre safe stuff everyone has seen before but with a little shinier graphics. I am also very much border by conventional shooters that offer nothing new to play with such as this game. Been playing shooters since wolfenstein/doom and they havent changed any from that time in fact most of the modern shooters still fall flat comparing to Doom.