Call of Duty: Black Ops II

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I am really suprised actually that BLOPS2 doesn't suck, and I have hated every Call of Duty previously, this new one though is surprisingly good with its almost cyperpunk aspects.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?
Nope, fairly open environments whenever you control one of those things. Same when you fight em.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
crimson sickle2 said:
At first I thought Cory was just making stuff up, but this is actually real. Now I need to wait and see if Black Ops 2 is any good in any other way. Needless to say, if they add plasma cutters or laser rifles, I'll probably get it.
None of those, how about an X-ray scoped anti-material rifle? Does a pretty similar job tbh.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Fappy said:
I like how Corey had to make the Black Ops rep look as douche-y as possible XD
You say that as though a Black Ops rep ordinarly wouldn't look as douche-y as possible. :p

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Setting it future-ish is the only way they could make COD interesting to me.
Still not future-ish enough though.
Call me when COD basically becomes Halo, and ditches the whole "Realistic Shooter" thing.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Its just too bad that the piss poor hit detection and massive lag/lag compensation is still there to ruin everybodies fun.

Come on Treyarch, this is shooter essentials 101.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
F said:
So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?
It's the latter, minus the explosions. Submachine guns dominate as it is all mostly close quarters. That and campers. Well, I am pretty bad at Blops II multiplayer, so I might not be the most reliable source of info >.>

Anyway, yes, there were several moments in this game where I thought "Holy crap this is awesome".

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
ZehMadScientist said:
F said:
It's the latter, minus the explosions. Submachine guns dominate as it is all mostly close quarters. That and campers. Well, I am pretty bad at Blops II multiplayer, so I might not be the most reliable source of info >.>

Anyway, yes, there were several moments in this game where I thought "Holy crap this is awesome".
Cheers. :)

I don't mind the close quarters, I'm pretty good with an SMG. Good about the explosions, bad about the campers.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
ZehMadScientist said:
F said:

I've honestly come to the conclusion that games can't figure out what the hell to do with SMG's. I have yet to see a multiplayer game with them where they weren't horrendously overpowered, so much so that in CQB they outclassed everythin up to and includin shotguns and had good enough accuracy to hit from long distance as well, or hilariously underpowered to the point you could unload an entire clip into someone 10 feet away and miss with half of it while the other half landed directly in their face and they didnt die (mild exaggeration).

Edit

Generally I never buy CoD games until theres a hefty price drop because I only really play single player, but this one seems to get be gettin good enough reviews (from players and actual reviewers) that I'm tempted to drop 60 bucks on it Also who can resist a AT-AT shootin flames and whatnot. This worries me.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Azeal said:
That right there kind of made me want to play it; and only the single player. But still, that's the most I've wanted to play a CoD since I got Modern Warfare all those years ago (wow it has been that long. >.>).
I'd almost say the single player is worth the 60 dollar price tag.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
When they come out with a new graphics engine for the game, I'd consider the possibility of me buying a copy.

I do think it is funny that MW4 is still a "rumor" tho XD

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
No matter if it's battlefield, medal of honor or call of duty
I play them all whilst listening to looking out my back door by creedence

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Al-Bundy-da-G said:
Bindal said:
Soviet Heavy said:
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?
Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.
Man don't even bother trying to defend COD. The game could look better than Crysis 2, have better atmosphere than Amnesia, better story telling than Mass Effect, and controls tighter than a nun's asshole and people will still claim that it sucks more dicks than there are in existence.
That good sir, is a very well worded analogy. -Slow clap-