Call of Duty Creative Strategist Steps Down

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that`s interesting, i suppose. I wonder why this happened.
But i gotta agree with some of the comments here, he really did outright lie to the fans at one point or another. I think he said something about Last Stand not being in MW3...and what the added was, i think , Final Stand? Or something like that? Not sure, haven`t really played the game. But the point remains, basically, the perk remained, but they just changed the name. And now you even have the chance to blow yourself up as well, when in that stance. Not 100% sure about that tho.
And I might be wrong on these topics, but that`s what I´ve heard.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Ectoplasmicz said:
razer17 said:
Why do they even need a creative strategist? Each Call of Duty is just a very uncreative way of printing money by now.

(being uncreative doesn't necessarily mean bad, just that it's lacking originality by now)
Ninja'd me as well.

I think the title isn't particularly deserved at this point in time, the games are about as original as...as. You get my point.
Ninjaing is when you're typing out your reply and when you press post you find out someone else has just posted before you and has said pretty much the same thing as you. It's not when someone just mimics your thoughts early in the thread.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Oh dear. Now the next 460 CoD copy-pasted titles will lack the sheer number of cars Bowling would have graced upon them.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Sweet Jesus the amount of hate for him and COD in general is radiating from this thread.

He was pretty much the PR for the Modern Warfare series so I admit I'm not 100% sure what he did, but one thing I think everyone should know is that he wanted to give people FREE DLC. Everyday someone on the Escapist is bitching about dlc costing people money and one of the guys who actually was trying to get Infinity Ward to give it away for free was kicked out. I know it says 'quit' but Activision can't have taken the whole give free dlc well.

So Bowling I wish you luck and hope you keep telling devs to give free dlc cause we could do with more people doing that.

In fact when people complain about paided dlc I'll just direct them here so they can see what happens when people try it.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
I guess this guy just handed out mail by the water cooler and Infinity Ward called it creative strategy, no offense to the guy himself.

Hopefully the nightmare vacuum of mindless ADD reaction that is any title after Call of Duty 2, will end.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
razer17 said:
Why do they even need a creative strategist? Each Call of Duty is just a very uncreative way of printing money by now.
Yeah. Typically their job is to come up with The Gimmick that separates your shooter from the next one in line.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
DeadlyYellow said:
razer17 said:
Yeah. Typically their job is to come up with The Gimmick that separates your shooter from the next one in line.
CoD hasn't even gone that far...

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Sit in a job where you get paid for nothing for 6 years.
quit it.
retire.
profit.

Blazing Steel said:
He was pretty much the PR for the Modern Warfare series so I admit I'm not 100% sure what he did, but one thing I think everyone should know is that he wanted to give people FREE DLC. Everyday someone on the Escapist is bitching about dlc costing people money and one of the guys who actually was trying to get Infinity Ward to give it away for free was kicked out. I know it says 'quit' but Activision can't have taken the whole give free dlc well.
Thanks for the insight. Indeed the whole free DLC thing is probably what made him quit. however i still believe its possible he left on his own. it simply went "-i want to make DLC free. -no you make DLC and we sell it. -do it my way or i quit. -fine."