Call of Duty: Ghosts Unveils "Free Fall" Gameplay Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Call of Duty: Ghosts Unveils "Free Fall" Gameplay Trailer

When the skyscrapers are falling, real men keep on shooting.

I don't mind admitting it: Heavily-armed special forces soldier or not, if I'm in a horizontal skyscraper segment dangling precariously hundreds of meters above the ground, I'm not going to shoot at dudes, I am going to get out. Maybe I'm not a hero, but I'll take that over being a tough, gritty, heroic meat pancake any day.

Fortunately for freedom and stuff, the guys in the new Call of Duty: Ghosts "Free Fall" trailer are veritable fondue pots of machismo, and they don't worry about things like pointless death, or common sense, or "Why are we fighting over this broken hunk of building that's just going to crash down into the street anyway?"

I don't really know where I'm going with this, except to make the obvious point that the whole thing is kind of silly; but then, war is silly, isn't it? Thousands sent to fight and die for nothing more than the aspirations of a tiny political elite, or perhaps a pseudo-nationalist grudge that stretches back 1000 years, while millions more suffer in its wake. And when it's all over, what really changes? The sun sets, the world goes 'round and the cosmos fails to take notice. The "great men" who set the world aflame may one day rate a footnote in a history book, but you? You are but a fleck of dust on the tooth of a cog in a relentlessly grinding machine - a mote, and nothing more.

Anyway, "Free Fall" is a bonus multiplayer map that's free with all Call of Duty: Ghosts preorders at participating retailers [http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/wheretobuy/freefall]! Call of Duty: Ghosts comes out on November 5 for the Xox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, and as a launch title for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
I don't really know where I'm going with this, except to make the obvious point that the whole thing is kind of silly; but then, war is silly, isn't it? Thousands sent to fight and die for nothing more than the aspirations of a tiny political elite, or perhaps a pseudo-nationalist grudge that stretches back 1000 years, while millions more suffer in its wake. And when it's all over, what really changes? The sun sets, the world goes 'round and the cosmos fails to take notice. The "great men" who set the world aflame may one day rate a footnote in a history book, but you? You are but a fleck of dust on the tooth of a cog in a relentlessly grinding machine - a mote, and nothing more.
Wow.
Fuck, man. I thought this was The Escapist, not "your life means nothing and it never will.com".

Jesus.

Roboterik

Jun 15, 2011
Maybe someone will make a mod where everyone in the building tries to be the best them that they can be.

Single Shot

Jan 13, 2013
So...... It's bulletstorm?

Jesus, and I thought Assassins Creed becoming Sid Meier's Pirates was weird.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
"gameplay" trailer.

For fuck sake, this is as bad as that Mad Max trailer, just a few seconds of nothing. What ever happened to that game anyway?

Also, that's pretty heavy Andy. Not everyone cares about going down in history. The soldiers are happy to help their country and I guess we just live for the moment.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Damn Mr. Chalk that got real deep, real quick. I did not expect that with my "news".