Call of Duty Helps Rabbi Overcome Fear of Nazis

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
purplegothchick said:
Samah said:
Sewblon said:
Resident Evil cured my fear of zombies. I think we may be on to something.
That's funny, Left 4 Dead brought my fear of zombies back.

Edit: Last night I dreamed I startled a witch in the middle of the road. She owned me.
Funny thing is, I had a dream about a witch because I saw a review of Left 4 Dead and Witches were briefly mentioned. I didn't actually see one! Basically, I has a bunch of weapons, I was at school, only eight people went to school, we all had weapons, we were leaving for some place soon, apparently no one drives in this dream-world because I found this Witch in the middle of the road, It was twilight the entire time, I awakened her by shooting her with a rocket launcher, It didn't work so I kept on going back to school to try and find the right weapon, we were about to leave, we'd been through the airport, I still kept on dashing back, trying to kill her, eventually I did, with a sniper rifle, then we got on the plane, I don't remember the flight but we ended up jumping out of a helicopter, me and someone else sharing a parachute, into the middle of a clearing in a rain forest, it isn't twilight here, it is mid-day, it is dusty. The last part of the dream was inspired by "The Recruit" a book that I thought was terrible.

Anyway, when I was young I was TERRIFIED of Rayman 2. Those robots messed with my head!

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Isn't it odd how before WW2, no one really mentions cancer very much? [/quote]

That's very silly. Cancer has been killing us and affecting us for ever, it is just that we have only recently discovered it.

ohellynot

Jun 26, 2008
wait now violent videagames are good for people, no ...
no this confuses me on every level

Nov 28, 2007
*headshot* "Take that, ya schmuck!"

Hehe...on topic, is this really a bad thing? If it helps him get over his fear, who cares if it's facing reality or not? Let the man get over his problems however he wants. Don't ridicule anything that allows him to have peace.

donnieneo

Mar 24, 2009
I totally believe in the healing power of video games. For example, the Grand Theft Auto series has been very helpful in eliminating my once overpowering fear of pedestrians.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Wait till he unlocks the nazi-zombie multiplayer mode... that may not help his nazi-phobia nightmares as much.

Then again, the fear stems from how deadly the Nazi's were and how they seemed unstoppbale, indestructible even, a game where you take control in defeating them, that I can imagine can help a lot.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
FROGGEman2 said:
Isn't it odd how before WW2, no one really mentions cancer very much?
That's very silly. Cancer has been killing us and affecting us for ever, it is just that we have only recently discovered it.[/quote]

Slight correction, we have known about cancer since the Ancient Greeks, they coined the name cancer that literally means "crab". The thing is that pre-WWII, bacterial infections were the big killer back then, no one cared much about cancer. Once bacterial infections are pretty much eliminated by penecillin that became popular in WW2, Cancer is now the big killer as we don't have that magic cure all of antibiotics.

Also people are living much longer from much improved diet and public health efforts and therefore the chances of getting cancer increase, due gradual DNA damage from age, strain on cells that are 50-60 years old and simply increasing the odds like if you play the lottery long enough, eventually you will win.

Also, cancer is notoriously hard to diagnose, without expensive biopsy equipment you can't know it is cancer till they are dead and you have done an autopsy.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Anyone seen the new "Inglorious Bastards" trailer, Tarantino does World War 2, that is going to be some crazy shit.

I am already formulating a spoof in my mind:
|
|
V

Brad Pitt "I expect One-Hundred Nazi scalps from each of you... and I WANT my scalps!"

Woody Allen: "Does that include Italian Fascists too? I mean can't I just get a note from their commanding officer to prove I killed them, I mean who is to say I scalped them but didn't kill them?"

Groucho Marx: "I'll tell ya one story, I shot a Nazi in my pyjamas once, what he was doing in my pyjamas I have no idea"

Jeff Goldblum: "Well, can't I just you know, ahh, stay on the radio and talk in this smooth and seductive voice that is so amazingly effective at turning those fraulines all, ahh, you know... in the mood"

Borat: "Yes, 'throw the Nazi down the well, ya ya yah, yeak a shersh'. I like you, very nice!"

Charlie Chaplain: "..."

Yakov Sminoff: "In America you have a party; in Germany the Nazi party has YOU!"

Gene Wilder: " 'SEDAGIVE'!?!?!?"

Harrison Ford: "Nazis... I hate those guys."