Call of Duty Hits $3 Billion

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Glass_House said:
Call of Duty got old for me after they left the generic WWII genre. CoD2 was and forever will be in my mind the greatest of all the CoD games.
if they stayed with WW2 it would get really boring and they would run out of idea's, with modern warfare they are adding something fresh, next up its a vietnam COD i believe

Rogue of Hearts

Feb 21, 2009
Fox242 said:
I'm getting sick of this seething hatred that all of a sudden develops because a big video game company makes alot of money.
I doubt it is just "because a big video game company makes a lot of money". While it is not the topic here, there are plenty of other reasons why some are "seething hatred".

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
damn I want some of that money
Then buy some shares. If it was valve making this much money from TF then everyone would be cheering and holding a party.

So you don't like uncle Bobby. The guy is an alpha male of capitalism, the American dream. All of you US Escapists should be phoning Activision arranging to give Bobby a celebratory hand job.

Personally I'll stick with my nationalised health care.

MW2 is a good game with plenty of polish. It has been well marketed and has come from the back of a very good COD MW. It would have been a real shame if it had not done well.

You might not like it, I'd guess most of those who don't haven't played it or had made their mind up before playing it, but lots of people do. It's a matter of opinion.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Wow, that's a staggering amount. They must be doing something right, that's all I can say...

Glass_House

Jun 29, 2009
arc1991 said:
Glass_House said:
Call of Duty got old for me after they left the generic WWII genre. CoD2 was and forever will be in my mind the greatest of all the CoD games.
if they stayed with WW2 it would get really boring and they would run out of idea's, with modern warfare they are adding something fresh, next up its a vietnam COD i believe
I know the WWII genre was getting old fast but I personally believe it was when COD was at it's best. It would have gotten incredibly boring if they hadn't mixed it up though.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Mr.Tea said:
The word is "Preposterous".
CoD isnt even a good series.

Blizzard releases make more then that on the first day, then go and continue that momentum for decades.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
toapat said:
Mr.Tea said:

Blizzard releases make more then that on the first day, then go and continue that momentum for decades.
WHY DID YOU NECRO THIS?!

Seriously though...what the total now? 2 months after this topic?

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
toapat said:
Mr.Tea said:

WHY DID YOU NECRO THIS?!

Seriously though...what the total now? 2 months after this topic?
8 days short of 2 months

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Can everyone stop coming to topics just to post hate? It's getting boring. I think they deserve it. (See that? My opinion. Just to clarify. Not fact.) Good on you Infinty Ward, Modern Warfare 1 and 2 are some fine games.