ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Officially Announced with New Trailer

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1318/1318244.jpg

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
So the next instalment will be called "Call of Duty: Aleph-null"?

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
You know, I was really on board with that trailer... right up until the incredibly shitty cover Space Oddity.

I enjoyed Advanced Warfare's campaign, so I'm excited to see what kind of crazy shit they'll throw in this time.

Still, that Space Oddity cover fuckin' sucked.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
And I'm over here, drooling over the CoD4 remaster. Maybe I can finally relive the glory days of CoD multiplayer without getting shot through a wall by a hacker every other game.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Call of Duty is done for.

In one go, they went to outer space and remade the most popular game in the franchise, the two biggest warning signs that they have no more ideas for the series.

Could be good if not passable, but like Super Mario Galaxy, once you go to outer space, where else can you go with your franchise after that?

2017: NEW! Call of Duty: World at War
2018:Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare 2
2019: Call of Duty: 3D Warfare
2020: Karts of Duty
2021: Call of Duty: Warfare Maker

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
ffronw said:
All we need now is confirmation of the logical next step:

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1318/1318244.jpg

It's already been done in CoD Ghosts' Extinction mode.

OT: Man, I can't wait and see how they resolve Ghosts' cliffhanger! :D

But really, the only part of the trailer that has me hyped is Modern Warfare Remastered.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It looks way too much like BO3. And I mean in a purely aesthetic way. The robot drone things look exactly like the ones in Blops.

But hey, Modern Warfare Remaster! I mean, they're gonna fuck us over and restrict it to the Legacy or the three hundred other special editions they're going to come out with, but it still exists! I'll probably get it next year or something.

By the way, this new one has advanced movement mechanics... again... after two games with it... and everyone said they hated it...

See Activision, this is why you don't have three devs working on the same franchise pretty much 24/7.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well congratulations Activision, I'm buying the next Call of Duty!

I want to see the aftermath with a decade's worth of new graphics tech shoved up it's behind.

As for the new game, so far, so Titanfall. Whoever picked that tone deaf disrespectful cover of Space Odyssey needs a huge slap, pay the real money for the real version if you're going to use it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hrmm, color me interested. I want to see what they will do with this, the space scenes in ghost were the coolest part. My main worry is that the multi wont be up to snuff. The last infinity ward game's multi just felt really off. Like it felt like battlefield without the benefits.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
So...no laser guns? Fine. Whatever. Why are they so scared to go full future? Why do we keep getting near-future? Someone, take the damn leap already.

Anyway, it looks...okay. I've been let down by campaigns in the recent Call of Duties too many times to be chomping at the bit now. However, I do admit that it seems like they have the right idea back. Overwhelming odds, massive battles alongside sneaking missions. All the pieces seem to be there. Here's hoping they really are and I can finally get a fun campaign again.

So, the plot line looks like Gundam then? Outer Colonies vs. Earth Gov.?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
So, let me get this straight..

I can have another future-set Call of Duty game with a neat movement system, pretty graphics, a cool aesthetic, robots, anti-gravity vehicles, futuristic weapons and equipment, mechs, aircraft-based combat that can seamlessly transition from ground to space, zero-G infantry combat, and an open-ended campaign? Wait....and it comes with a DLC season pass and a remaster of COD4?....AND the internet is completely butthurt over the whole thing?....All for less than the last special edition of a COD game?

Fucking. Sold.

Sniper Team 4 said:
So...no laser guns? Fine. Whatever. Why are they so scared to go full future? Why do we keep getting near-future? Someone, take the damn leap already.
But...they did. In Advanced Warfare. They had several energy-based weapons, including laser cannons.

<.<

Seems vaguely reminiscent of Titanfall, too. Except, in this instance, the Militia are the bad guys and the IMC are the good guys.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Whoo man, seems to be getting a little close to Halo with a few of those scenes.

On the other hand. Looks kinda fun? I like space and evil robos. So. Maybe. Probably not. But maybe.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Vigormortis said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
But...they did. In Advanced Warfare. They had several energy-based weapons, including laser cannons.

<.<

Seems vaguely reminiscent of Titanfall, too. Except, in this instance, the Militia are the bad guys and the IMC are the good guys.
Not enough for me. It was a good start, but I want more. I want EVERYONE using laser guns. I want the standard go-to weapon for infantry to be a blaster rifle, like Stormtroopers get. I'm tired of futuristic machine guns that still fire bullets, even if the bullets can seek out enemies or turn corners. If these games want to be set in the future, then I want a future with weapons like in the Terminator universe or something like that.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sniper Team 4 said:
If these games want to be set in the future, then I want a future with weapons like in the Terminator universe or something like that.
I hear gun store owners are against that. Ever since this guy came in asking about a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Odieusg

May 3, 2016
The song is made by Lady Heroine, and by the sound of the song, it sounds like they might be under the influence of the drug, with the same phonetic sound.....
It has premise, but compared to BO3, it'll just be another version, with maybe weightlessness.....and just as many bugs as the current game has

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Is the game series still a Cyberpunk? On the previous game at least you knew it was the case cause of the plot it had. Now it seems they go full sci-fi madness with Space Action.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Call of Duty: Infinitely Iterative Warfare would be a much better title.

To me it looks far more like the enemy is Skynet rather than Aliens, it'd fit well into the "drone warfare allusions" in the recent games to have an automated defense network be hijacked or malfunctioning.

I think the fact that they're finally offering a remaster of COD4 means that they know the COD bubble has well and trully burst, especially since they doesn't seem to be a way to buy the remaster on its own yet. COD will probably still have a bunch more games but it's juggernaut, license-to-print-money status is waning.