Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Australia

NomNom The World

Feb 14, 2011
So what if Russia invaded Australia? How would the ADF and its SF wings such as the TAG/SAS fare against the might of an angry Russia without our allies. Where would be hit first? Would NZ attempt to help us?

Let the war begin.

Ilke

Mar 28, 2010
Tomorrow When the War Began: The Game?

Well considering that this in Gaming Discussion, we need to discuss this with MW logic.
You (a bunch of SAS) would be dropped in Sydney along US Army Rangers (cause only Americans and SAS can do shit yknow) and wipe out the Russians. But they would come back since they don't need logistics and have clone and nanobot factories appearently.

Nothing against Australia btw, if someone were to be offended.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Russia would never invade Australia, because unlike 3ngland, Am3rica, Franc3 and G3rmany, Australia has the unfortunate problem of having no E's. Call it Australiea and theyd be all over that in no time at all and i bet N3w Z3land would join in as well (although maybe its discounted for having to many 3's)

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
Australian forces are some of the (if not the) best trained troops in the world.
We don't tend to have the most up to date equipment most of the time. Tends to be a few years old.

So because of that, the way I'd picture Australian forces to work in a game would be given their equipment (I'm not sure what standard issue is) and will be in situations where they need to utilize natural cover, create new cover (Aussie forces tend to be called diggers for a reason) all while under fire. And just like in real life, would have to have levels in marshlands, desert, city, beach, bush, outback, etc. since Australia a lot of terrain, and all of that terrain is used for training which is why our forces tend to be rather adept at going over-seas and are ready for most things.

Of course, I sincerely doubt it would actually get made for Australia. Australians get charged double the cost of games that Americans/UK get charged, get them late and sometimes not at all because "there just isn't a good enough market in Australia for gamers". So on one hand they say "oh there just isn't a market over there" and then on the other they just flat out don't bother to try and increase the market.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
pdgeorge said:
Australian forces are some of the (if not the) best trained troops in the world.
British SAS? Royal Commandos? RAF? Maybe not the territotial army... but still, British Military are the tippy top of the military mountain.

Also, Britain would come, but we'd be late because, you know, you are a day ahead of us, so it'd take a while to get a force to you, and even then, Australia is a pretty small battlefield to fight on compared to Mainland Europe, Middle East, Africa and America.

So, i'd say Russia would win, until obviously the US came with their patriots and beat the Russians - Because it always happens...

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Australia is untouchable. It has managed to ostrosize itself so much, no one cares about it. That puts them in the awesome posisition of not getting taken over in my book series... They pwnd those neo nazi like guys...

Valiant The Gamer

May 9, 2010
Kirkby said:
Russia would never invade Australia, because unlike 3ngland, Am3rica, Franc3 and G3rmany, Australia has the unfortunate problem of having no E's. Call it Australiea and theyd be all over that in no time at all and i bet N3w Z3land would join in as well (although maybe its discounted for having to many 3's)
Then N3therlands or B3lgium should be included as well

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Valiant The Gamer said:
Kirkby said:
Then N3therlands or B3lgium should be included as well
Good point!
and Sw3d3n now i think of it... Unless we are discounting the double 3 countries

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
It would be like Mad Max meets the Wolverines. There would have to be a mission where you storm the Sydney Opera House, because it's the only recognizable building in the entire country and Infinity Ward is probably convinced that's the capital, anyway.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
What would Russia want with Australia? Australia's role in WW3 would be to jump in just in time to turn the tide of the war and make the smug grins vanish from Orlov's face.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
pdgeorge said:
We don't tend to have the most up to date equipment most of the time. Tends to be a few years old.
Well, if by a few years, you mean decades. The standard assault rifle for the Australian military is the Austeyr, which was designed in the 70s. This replaced the M16/variants still being used as the standard issue rifle by many places today, including by first world nations like the US and Canada (USMC is going to upgrade to the G36, though the US army isn't, to make logistics that much more fun). The SA80 family is about as old as the Steyr AUG, though the UK military is using the redesigned L85A2 model.

Likewise, the Australian MBT is the decades old Abrams...which happens to be the MBT used by the US army and marines.

Everyone uses old equipment, because nobody can afford to replace everything every few years (also, the L85A1, for example, had to be redesigned due to flaws that weren't immediately apparent), but they don't really have to, because nobody else is.

pdgeorge said:
(Aussie forces tend to be called diggers for a reason)
Historical reasons, I don't imagine their fortifications training is much better than everyone else's.

ELD3RGoD said:
British SAS? Royal Commandos? RAF? Maybe not the territotial army... but still, British Military are the tippy top of the military mountain.
Ah, but then the Australian military has been heavily influenced by the British model, and they conduct alot of joint training exercises. [small]And hopefully this doesn't end up as several pages of people claiming their nation to have the best trained troops without anything to back their claims up[/small]

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
thaluikhain said:
pdgeorge said:
(Aussie forces tend to be called diggers for a reason)
Historical reasons, I don't imagine their fortifications training is much better than everyone else's.
The term Digger is because of historical reasons, but it's also that soldiers now are still using tactics that worked back in WWI (if it worked, don't drop it lol)

Something else the Australian army tends to do... find tanks, jets etc. that other countries are getting rid of (they broke down or whatever) and then they just... blow them up.
Find out how effective Aussies 'new' weapons are, as well as finding out just what it takes to destroy what (for example, how much punishment can an abrams tank handle before it is just dead)
Considering Australia in WWII had most of it's forces helping England, while whoever was left at home had to fight the Japanese, I'd think Australia vs. Russia Aus would win if they were invading considering the distance they would have to travel to get their forces across and Japan was already much closer when they attacked.

I'm not in the army myself but people who are close to me are so I try and keep an eye on things the best I can.

Lord Penney

Dec 26, 2010
IW, Sledgehammer studios and Raven software (talk about too many cooks...) are doing Australia a favour, if you have read kotaku's plot you'll know that if Oz' were in MW3, it would probably end up discrediting the entire country's military force.

***MAJOR SOILERS*** Reason why below ***MAJOR SOILERS***
Essentially the ending culminates in America (no, not the British, German or French forces since they aren't able to successfully complete any of their missions without help now) saving the day...

...oh, and did I mention that the SAS are being replaced by Delta force? Bye-bye national diversity!
Please revise your plot IW (and co).

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Like said above, Australia has no E's. I think Guat3mala should be invaded. I want to kill Russians in Tikal.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Kirkby said:
Aww we never get to do anything fun.
Dam the guy who named us!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
pdgeorge said:
Considering Australia in WWII had most of it's forces helping England, while whoever was left at home had to fight the Japanese, I'd think Australia vs. Russia Aus would win if they were invading considering the distance they would have to travel to get their forces across and Japan was already much closer when they attacked.
Firstly, Curtin recalled most of the Australian forces to protect Australia from Japan, only the 9th Division stayed in Africa.

Secondly, that was 2-3 generations ago, things are quite different now.

Thirdly, the Japanese weren't seriously considering invading Australia, the plan was merely to isolate it and prevent it from being used to attack them. They had plenty of more pressing other things to concern themselves with.

Fourthly, Russia retains the world's largest nuclear stockpile, and has about 20 times the military personnel that Australia does.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
We have 100 foot tall Kangaroo's, and spiders the size of monster trucks. They wouldn't have a chance.

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
Australian's are tough, and I doubt the Russians would survive the battles in such harsh terrain.