Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Launch Trailer, HOLY SH*T!!!

SendMeNoodz84

Jun 11, 2009
Superior Mind said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
You guys have fun sitting out.

I'm going to be online leveling up.
The point of a boycott is to sit out. Like I said it sucks because it does look awesome but some people's principles are worth more to them than levelling up in a game.

Anyway Orannis and I are meeting on the release day to drink copious amounts of alcohol and indulge in gratuitous sex just to proove you wrong.
You can't do THAT in MW 2.

:(

Jul 9, 2008
SendMeNoodz84 said:
orannis62 said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Superior Mind said:
Take your trailer elsewhere vile Candyman, I shall not be swayed!

I swore off buying MW2 after the unexplained price increase, (which isn't just limited to MW2 of course,) add to that the removal of many benefits for PC players in multiplayer and in particular the general attitude of Activision/Blizzard CEO Bob Kotick towards the industry he makes millions from. Activison has been blacklisted by me and dispite the wickedness of the trailers, gameplay footage, reviews, etc. I will NOT be be buying this.

A shame really since it does look awesome but I can be pretty stubborn. Just wish everyone else was when they start shouting "Boycott".
orannis62 said:
Superior Mind said:

I swore off buying MW2 after the unexplained price increase, (which isn't just limited to MW2 of course,) add to that the removal of many benefits for PC players in multiplayer and in particular the general attitude of Activision/Blizzard CEO Bob Kotick towards the industry he makes millions from. Activison has been blacklisted by me and dispite the wickedness of the trailers, gameplay footage, reviews, etc. I will NOT be be buying this.

A shame really since it does look awesome but I can be pretty stubborn. Just wish everyone else was when they start shouting "Boycott".
I'm the same, my friend, although I joined the boycott, as it were, because of them arbitrarily dropping Party Chat for no reason which holds up to more than two seconds of scrutiny.

Will do. Have fun not talking to your friends (if on 360) or not using dedicated servers (if on PC).
I'll be getting it on the 360. They have this thing called "Party Mode".
It's a giant chat where you can invite your friends and people you meet online.
So yes, I'll be chatting with my friends.
No, you won't. Did you even read my first post which you quoted? I'm boycotting this game because they're disabling the Party System for most gametypes.

Jul 9, 2008
Superior Mind said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:

The point of a boycott is to sit out. Like I said it sucks because it does look awesome but some people's principles are worth more to them than levelling up in a game.

Anyway Orannis and I are meeting on the release day to drink copious amounts of alcohol and indulge in gratuitous sex just to proove you wrong.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...!

...buy me dinner first.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
SendMeNoodz84 said:
orannis62 said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:
Superior Mind said:

orannis62 said:
Superior Mind said:

I'm the same, my friend, although I joined the boycott, as it were, because of them arbitrarily dropping Party Chat for no reason which holds up to more than two seconds of scrutiny.

Will do. Have fun not talking to your friends (if on 360) or not using dedicated servers (if on PC).
I'll be getting it on the 360. They have this thing called "Party Mode".
It's a giant chat where you can invite your friends and people you meet online.
So yes, I'll be chatting with my friends.
Real quick, that's what he means. They removed the ability to talk in party chat during most gametypes to prevent cheating.

Still buying it though.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
This game is going to be awesome. I can't really relate to all the PC Gamer's issues b/c I have a 360 and PS3 for gaming, and never really done any PC Multiplayer.

My advice is get it for consoles if you have one, and if not, then what ever you think is best... I just think the game will be freakin' awesome.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
x434343 said:
EXPLOSIONS IN THE VACUUM OF SPACE?
Hmm. I'm not a scientist or have any particular training in physics or chemistry. I do, however, know that you need a source of fuel, oxygen, and ignition for a fire to burn. As for an explosion? You need an explosive and a ignition source. In the video it looks as though there is an explosion with some amount of fire. I don't think that it is to for fetched to have fire in space given that there is enough fuel, oxygen and an ignition, granted it may not 'burn' as we classically think of with fire. I don't have any doubt that you can have an explosion is space as I can not think of an element that is missing from the ignition plus explosive equation. Think of a block of C4 and a blasting cap floating though space, I'm sure that if you trigger that blasting cap the C4 will explode.

To be my own devils advocate though... What got me most about the space part was not the explosion or fire, as I think those things are plausible, but that fact that it looked as though a blast wave hit the person and knock them backward. There is no air in space so there is nothing for the concussion to transfer though, hence why there is no sound in space.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
quack35 said:
This shows it all.

Yes, indeed. I believe I must change my pants now also, as my pants are drenched and I am leaving a sticky puddle on my bed. Excuse me.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
That trailer looks fucking awesome. Even the rap didn't ruin it for me, it seemed to work, and I fucking hate rap music.

I reckon that space level will be like the wandering around the nuclear wasteland level in CoD4 or when your being driven to get executed. You know, you can't do anything but watch while a terrorist who you thought was a mate blows up a space station or something.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
RossyB said:
Right, I just saw an ad on TV just this minute for MW2, with what looked like a guy in space. I must admit, I'm a little concerned. I love my games to have a good, logical story that keeps its feet on the ground (i.e. everything makes sense in terms of the story and the theme, so if it's World in Conflict, I don't want to see zombies). The space idea seams a little off the wall. Am I going to be fighting as "Soap" McTavish in space? I know the SAS are good, but really?

I kind of hope that the space bit is just a cutscene and not a level...
I heard that it's a split storyline between two characters again, so maybe it'll make more sense once we know more about the other character.

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
Ayrav said:
x434343 said:
Hmm. I'm not a scientist or have any particular training in physics or chemistry. I do, however, know that you need a source of fuel, oxygen, and ignition for a fire to burn. As for an explosion? You need an explosive and a ignition source. In the video it looks as though there is an explosion with some amount of fire. I don't think that it is to for fetched to have fire in space given that there is enough fuel, oxygen and an ignition, granted it may not 'burn' as we classically think of with fire. I don't have any doubt that you can have an explosion is space as I can not think of an element that is missing from the ignition plus explosive equation. Think of a block of C4 and a blasting cap floating though space, I'm sure that if you trigger that blasting cap the C4 will explode.

To be my own devils advocate though... What got me most about the space part was not the explosion or fire, as I think those things are plausible, but that fact that it looked as though a blast wave hit the person and knock them backward. There is no air in space so there is nothing for the concussion to transfer though, hence why there is no sound in space.
That's what I meant. The sound is my issue.

Ayrav

Dec 12, 2008
x434343 said:
Ayrav said:
x434343 said:

That's what I meant. The sound is my issue.
Ah, I thought you were nay-saying the scene as it had fire in it. My bad.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Superior Mind said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:

Mind if I join in on that party? I've got nothing better to do and school's off (for Vet's day). I'd understand if you wanted it to be a special you and Orannis day.

Thrift

Oct 15, 2009
Doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it would have been better if I didn't have to mute the trailer.

Plus I'm a PC gamer, so MW2 isn't happening.

Jul 9, 2008
CountFenring said:
Superior Mind said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:

Mind if I join in on that party? I've got nothing better to do and school's off (for Vet's day). I'd understand if you wanted it to be a special you and Orannis day.
Yes! Please! I don't want to be alone with him...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
x434343 said:
Ayrav said:
Guys, it's the Rule Of Cool. So chill out and enjoy the space explosions.

Trailer be bitchin' awesome, though I think I'll hold back on purchasing this simply because there's TOO MUCH STUFF coming out over the next while, and I want to have all my options on the table before I make my decision.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
orannis62 said:
CountFenring said:
Superior Mind said:
SendMeNoodz84 said:

Yes! Please! I don't want to be alone with him...
Sweet! I still have a whole bunch of unused party supplies from Halloween!