Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
Kanazuchi said:
I regard casual games as a brain cleanser, a mental sorbet, something light to enjoy before you goad a Big Daddy into charging through tripwires and landmines or taking yet another hack at passing Painkiller.

As for the entire Nintendo thing, as much as I love Yahtzee, I think he's got a bit of a double standard going. In his Gears of War 2 review, he says that things that are mainstream, in order to stay mainstream and profitable, have to stay the same. I think that's what the Mario, Metroid, and Zelda hardcore gamers are looking for, more of the same. But that's what he rags on Nintendo for doing. I've been playing DDR for 9 years now, and all I expect out of the next version is new songs.
Not at all, Nintendo hardcore gamers are comprised of mostly children. They don't think to much about innovation just more of their sonic/mario fix.

I don't see that as a double standard, mainly because those hardcore gamers don't have the rest of the characteristics that Yahtzee covered...

'Hardcore' gamers means the gamers who get into it.
The gamers who have gamed since 256 colors were a distant wet dream.
The gamers who follow all the hype and who want games with depth and innovation.
The gamers who read websites like this one and ultimately the gamers who give a shit.

They are to young to be a true hardcore gamer really.

Gears of War series is actually criticized mainly for not being different enough from the previous game in its series, 'Gears of War 1.5' phrase comes to mind. Not just from critics but from fans of the games themselves but that series is made for the casual gamer market.