Calling a Kid the "C" Word

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
Moonlight Butterfly said:
strumbore said:
Sorry but when you have a discussion with someone you can't just dismiss what they say out of hand with no explanation of why it's wrong.
strumbore said:
This is ***WHY*** everything you just said is ridiculous:

Natural Rights are based on rights
people inherently have by virtue of
existing.
They are meant to protected, not imposed.

"take it for me" isn't a right.
People weren't born with condoms,
healthcare, or textbooks. To say
anyone has a "right" to such things
is to say their creators have no
rights over their intellect, their
skill, or their production, as
society can seize it at any time.
People who created such things as
knowledge, medicine, and birth control
need to be justly compensated on mutual terms,
not government force.
government shouldn't have to pay for any of it.
Good for the UK.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
strumbore said:
And I just explained why not of that is relevant since the makers of birth control get paid. It would do you good to read that article I linked.

A quote

"Studies have shown that investing in family planning helps reduce poverty, improve health, promote gender equality, enable adolescents to finish their schooling, and increase labourforce participation.

When a woman is able to exercise her reproductive rights, she is more able to benefit from her other rights, such as the right to education. The results are higher incomes, better health for her and her children and greater decision-making power for her, both in the household and the community."

The UN is the United Nations... /facepalm.

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
A quote

"Studies have shown that investing in family planning helps reduce poverty, improve health, promote gender equality, enable adolescents to finish their schooling, and increase labourforce participation.
I emphatically agree with this.
Family planning is essential to building a life
that can be supportive and fulfilling not just
to oneself, but to one's loved ones.
That's why I think men and women should go 50-50
on the condoms. three bucks. They can check under
the couch.
When a woman is able to exercise her reproductive rights,
*groan...* there's some newspeak
reeking with irony:
It IS a right, but it's been
re-defined by activists as something
society imposes on individuals!
she is more able to benefit from her other rights, such as the right to education. The results are higher incomes, better health for her and her children and greater decision-making power for her, both in the household and the community."
Isn't this the same argument?

alright, I'm shutting down after this.
Education isn't a right. It's a service.
PURSUIT of education is a right. Only
intrinsic values can be rights,
yet somehow liberals come up with BRAND
SPANKING NEW ONES! all the time that no one
has thought of before.
They seem to be in good supply.

The UN is the United Nations... /facepalm.
I misread UN as UK.
here's what I meant to say:

Good for the UN.
Glad we could clear that up.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
strumbore said:
No offence but it seems like you are shut down already.

Birth control affects the right to pursue education. If a woman is pregnant all the time and looking after children I doubt she has time to educate herself.

Not everyone has money down the sides of the couch. I know you might life in a privileged position where that is the case but some people don't.

'When a woman is able to exercise her reproductive rights' Is not 'newspeak' as you put it. And yes human rights are imposed by society on individuals unless you are okay with the slave trade starting up again because it's the decision of an individual?

Again if it's so cheap why is it such a problem for the government to provide it?

If it helps your right wing upbringing any this is also from the report.

?Addressing the unmet need for family planning worldwide would avert 54 million unintended pregnancies and result in 26 million fewer abortions,? the report says. ?Research also shows that where family planning supplies, information and services are widely available, abortion rates are lower.?

Anyway I think I've derailed this topic enough.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Why is "****" suddenly such a big anti-feminist word? This is the first time I've ever heard it being associated with feminism. Then again, I don't see "dick" being equally as hostile towards men. I guess we're just programmed that way.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
Being an uncultured Aussie bogan lower class white trash hipster university student, the word '****' get thrown around a lot by my company and myself.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Whilst to me ****~dick~asshole=Not a nice person, when used to describe a person, it can also mean (to me) damn, fuck, etc as in "to bad that happened" (but in shorter more satisfying word, mostly just uttered so only I can possibly hear it...). It can also be used by some (dumb) people as a degrading terms, witch I often answer, "nah sorry I'm a dick..."
It is however wrong to (publicly) call a 9y old a **** publicly, it might be a bit less sever if it's uttered in a comedy club (etc) probably still not going to be "good" jokes, or ok with feminists.
But when it comes to (extreme) feminists, I kinda thought about it and then decided I won't say sorry for being born (and still having it hanging in the right place..) with a dick...

I can however say I've met 5y olds that are utter c*nts, but that is (up to ~99,99%, margin of error y'know..) not their fault it's either some kind of psychological disorder (like autism) or just bad parenting... Mostly it's bad parenting skills, or even worse the total absence of caring parent... (especially when it comes to kids choice of vocabulary, that's almost always parents and surrounding..)

But I don't call them c*nts for that mostly I just call the parents assholes, in "the heat of the moment"...
And if I keep on caring "always look on the bright side of life.." and smile because someone might get annoyed enough for it to be worth the smile...

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
The fact that an apology was almost immediately made and the person who made the comment was fired almost immediately by a company that promotes itself based on satire and thus often makes controversial statements speaks too the enormity of the inappropriateness shown in making that comment.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Ah some day I'll live in a world without all this ridiculous white knighting and outrage over a word. Actually, scratch that, no I probably won't. Maybe my kids will. Because I'm going to teach them that words are just that, words, and not weapons to inflict harm. And as such, shouldn't ever be taken as injury either.

Maybe I'm a rare breed, but I somehow doubt that, considering comedian Louis C.K. has an entire bit about how the words **** and ****** shouldn't have any gender relation to their usage. If someone called me a **** in a playful manner, I wouldn't take offense, and if they called me it in a manner meant to hurt, I'd just instead take it as "Never listen to anything I have to say." I guess I'm just more evolved.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
Tismo said:
If you have ever played on Xboxlive you know that even 9 year old kids can be cunts.
Exactly my point, but again, I will do it only if they play the part. Otherwise, someone is going to have to read my shirt. It's actually quite offensive (if you're over 90, and had your sense of humor shot off in one war or another).