Calling all fans of Europa Universalis III! The mod to end all mods!

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I have just recently discovered a mod for Europa Universalis III that can be considered one of the biggest overhauls of a game that I have ever seen. It's called "Mihi est Imperare Orbi Universo", or MEIOU for short.

It is a graphical and gameplay "supermod", if you will, that pushes the clock even further back and farther ahead than the previous vanilla EU3 titles, will all the problems and opportunities that go with it. The basic skeleton of the Vanilla game is still there, but the interface, factions and national decisions for those factions have all been massively revamped.

The game begins in 1356, and these are interesting times, for only 43 years earlier:

Play as Plantagent England, firing the opening longbow shots of the Hundred Years War! If the English take the throne of France from the French (or vice versa...there's something for people who like playing France to consider!), they can formally unite the realms of England and France, forming a powerful new nation with cores on the whole of England and France!

Play as an independent Pagan Lithuania! See if you can defeat the onslaught of the Teutonic and Livonian orders and keep Baltic Paganism alive!

See if you can rebuild the massive Jagellonian Empire in Eastern Europe as Bohemia or Poland!

There are dozens of new states in the HRE and Japan, leading to endless fractuous wars.

In China, the Mongol Khans still rule! Take command of either them or the small Chinese states that rebelled against them to decide the fate of the Far East.

Byzantium is in a stronger position and the Ottomans are not as well off. You are in a better position to restore the Byzantine Empire, and Ottoman fans (who usually steamroller everything) will appreciate the new challenge.

Timur the Lame is still a young man who had not yet forged his massive empire in Persia. See if you can recreate his success or crush him before he can do so!

Feeling up for colonialism and conquest? There are literally thousands of provinces now. France alone has about 80 provinces. Manage your realm size carefully, and it makes conquering the world very difficult!

These are only a few of the new scenarios that can be made possible by the new start. Many more are still there.

As a further bonus, the game ends in 1856 now. Yes, that means that the game is now 500 years long! Just think of what you can do with half a millenium to work with...

If all this shameless promoting has piqued your interest, follow this link to the installation page. There's a version of it for each version of EU3, but the Divine Wind one is most recommended.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?374981-MEIOU-TD-meiou-ph-meiou-jv-meiou-na-meiou-be-DOWNLOAD-THREAD

Enjoy yourself! You can do amazing things in this expanded game.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Right now I'm playing as the Anglo-French Union, formed after Edward IV, the Black Prince, became king of England and France after winning the Hundred Years War in around 1370. It's 1500 now- I'm the most powerful and advanced nation in Europe by a long shot. I've got gunpowder troops 30 years ahead of schedule, I've circumnavigated the globe and have got the only colonies in the Americas, and I have monopolies in the Chinese and Indian markets.

Again, great things can happen in this game if you play it well.