Calling for help

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Hey, you! YES YOU THERE! Today is your lucky day. Today you get to help in the development of a Fallout tabletop game. "How," you ask, "How can do my part." It's SIMPLE. Right now, I need unit descriptions and art similar to what you see in the Warhammer Codex. To start off, we'll be working on the Brotherhood of Steel. We need art and descriptions for
Initiate-In the Capital Wasteland, Initiates are those who have completed their preliminary training, but have yet to specialize. Also, unlike the West Coast division of the Brotherhood, Initiate may be granted Power Armor if the situation demands it.
May add Power Armor.
PERKS: Power Armor Training

Knight- Knights form the core of the Brotherhood?s fighting power in the Capital Wasteland. They scour the local area searching for lost technology to bring back to the Citadel, where
Scribes will study it.
May exchange Laser Rifle for Assault Rifle or 10 mm SMG. May also add Frag or Pulse grenades.
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Fearless

Heavy Knight- Heavy Knights are members of the Brotherhood who have focused on making heavy weapons their specialty.
May add Frag or Pulse grenades

Knight Sergeant-
May exchange Laser Rifle for Assault Rifle or 10 mm SMG. May also add Frag or Pulse grenades.

Knight Captain-
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Fearless, Nerves of Steel

Sniper- Masters of stealth and marksmanship, Snipers are a terrible threat on the battlefield. They are always happy to reach out and touch someone?
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Ninja

Paladin- The greatest Knights may one day aspire to become Paladins. Perfect examples of martial excellence, they dominate the battlefield.
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Fearless, Commando

Scribes- Scribes are broken into three Orders: Order of the Sword, Order of the Shield, and Order of the Quill. The Order of the Sword is dedicated to studying and maintaining weapons for the Knights and Paladins of the Brotherhood. The Order of the Shield researches and repair the armor that the warriors depend on. The Order of the Quill preserves the history of the Brotherhood.
Sword Scribes allow nearby models to reroll misses.
Shield Scribes allow nearby models to reroll armor saves.
Quill Scribes allow nearby models to reroll morale checks.

Mister Gutsy-Mister Gutsy is a military robot model created by General Atomics International, and it is, functionally, a militarized version of the Type-II Mr. Handy, an earlier, civilian-model robot created by the same company for use in household duties. It was commissioned by the U.S. Army just before the Great War in 2077. They have distinctive, "soldierly" personalities, with an advanced AI somewhat similar to that of the civilian-model Mr. Handy. More likely than not due to the conflict with China that caused the Great War, Mr. Gutsies often scream anti-communist epithets.

Scourge Veterans- This dwindling group of warriors are the toughest fighters the Brotherhood has to offer. These are the men and women who followed Elder Lyons across the ruins of America, and fought through the horrors of the Pitt.
May exchange Laser Rifle for Assault rifle or 10mm SMG. May also add Pulse or Frag Grenades.
Star Paladin Cross- Star Paladin Cross is a member of the Brotherhood who answers directly to Elder Lyons. Her intense training has made her into a nigh-unstoppable killing machine. Often, she will venture from the Citadel alone.
May choose any equipment.
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Fearless, Nerves of Steel

Paladin Casdin- One of the finest warriors the Brotherhood has ever produced, Casdin is Elder Lyons?s right hand. A veteran of the Scourge, he has been through some of the worst fighting the Brotherhood has seen. However, Casdin is often at odds with Elder Lyons regarding their new mission in the Wasteland. He feels the Brotherhood should maintain its focus on technology rather than assisting the native populace.
PERKS: Power Armor Training, Fearless, Commando

I'd like each description to be a little under a page long.
As far as art is concerned, I'd like the Brotherhood to have a woodcut or medieval European theme to it.
If your suggestion makes it into the rulebook, I'll be sure to credit you by either screenname or real name, whichever you prefer. Just post your suggestions here or PM me

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
You might wanna put some formatting on that post to make it more readable.

Other than that I'm afraid I won't be offering my help, but I wish you good luck anyway.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
Shouldn't this be in the forum games and RP forum?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Gfan_00 said:
Haliwali said:
Gfan_00 said:
It's based on Fallout 3? Fuck that. Sorry, but I refuse to help and kind of hope it never gets off the ground.
Why?
I utterly despise Fallout 3 for what it did to the series.
And I despise people like you, see how we come full circle like that?

DannyBoy451

Jan 21, 2009
Haliwali said:
...OH GOD TEXT....
I'd say if you're after art, then your best bet is to either ask /tg/ for an imagedump, or just steal shit from deviantart like the rest of us.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
ae86gamer said:
Wait, what is this exactly? I read it but I'm still kind of confused..
i think a table top fallout. kind of like risk or monopoly or somethin...

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Seems to me that you could just rip some stats and rules right out of the 40k rulebook. Just copy/paste marine rules in there and change the names around

JPRanger

Dec 30, 2009
I think he's talking about a Warhammer 40k esk thing...like with the models and stuff...but hell if I know. This sounds kind of pointless...all you would have to do is switch the names in warhammer codex crap to align with the fallout universe and bam..there you go..all thats left would be the art ..which you should really do some yourself...why should we put our own time helping you if we cant tell if your serious about this?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
Gfan_00 said:
AkJay said:
asshole-ish snip
Fuck off, you antagonistic twat. I don't recall saying anything to make people mad, and I'm entitled to my opinion.
1. You didn't have to snip my comment, but if made you feel better using "asshole-ish snip" then go right ahead.
2. "entitled to your opinion" is an over-used cop-out
3. After my following statement, you will never hear from me again; and I actually do apologize for being rude, I've just had an... interesting day.

I've heard a lot from "Purists"; The people who have played the original Fallout games, and for one reason or another have a problem with the 3rd game. I believe that it has nothing to do with the switch of view. Most people have a problem with it being from Bethesda instead of Black Isle or ID Software or wherever it's from. That brings me back to my "Purist" statement. If it was made by anyone OTHER than the original makers, Purists would have some problem with it. I understand that being a fan of the first 2 can make the 3rd a little hard to swallow, but it's almost undeniable that Fallout 3, in it's own right, is an enjoyable game. But as you had said before you are "entitled" to your opinion.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gfan_00 said:
AkJay said:
asshole-ish snip
Fuck off, you antagonistic twat. I don't recall saying anything to make people mad, and I'm entitled to my opinion.
Saying you despise Fallout and want it to die on a Fallout thread seems pretty antagonistic to me.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
ffxfriek said:
ae86gamer said:
Wait, what is this exactly? I read it but I'm still kind of confused..
i think a table top fallout. kind of like risk or monopoly or somethin...
JPRanger said:
I think he's talking about a Warhammer 40k esk thing...like with the models and stuff...but hell if I know. This sounds kind of pointless...all you would have to do is switch the names in warhammer codex crap to align with the fallout universe and bam..there you go..all thats left would be the art ..which you should really do some yourself...why should we put our own time helping you if we cant tell if your serious about this?
Yes it is 40kish, in that it uses models, but it's on a much smaller scale. I've made the rules mostly off the top of my head using a combination of the SPECIAL system and 40k. The art and descriptions are the only things left, and I'm not all that great a writer or artist, which is why I ask for help.