Can Nintendo Survive?

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Most definitely, especially since Nintendo shows no signs of even being close to any sort of "corporate death" unlike what many fanboys would like it to be

Fact is Nintendo will probably be around for some loooooooooong years

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
As long as they keep selling to house-wives, old people, small children, fat people and mental patients then yes they will do just fine.

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
Rot Krieg said:
miracleofsound said:
Rot Krieg said:
miracleofsound said:
Just you watch, after 2012 all that will be left will be cockroaches, bacteria and Nintendo.
LMAO. So do you think when they evolve to be super-intelligent the cockroaches will think world 8 in Super Mario Bros is hard as we thought it was when we were kids?
World 8 is still bloody hard... that hammer brother in the castle gets me every time.

Sniff.
Hehe. It's been so long since I've played it, I doubt I'd do very well with it. I'm sure it'd be hell of a lot harder than World 8 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Other than the very end, that was a breeze.
I remember as a kid that I never finished the game, I got to stage 8 so many times, I bougtht it off WiiWare a few months ago, beat it and I felt sooo good for crushing him, like I busted through a brick wall

also, I play Phoenix Write, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, etc. don't you like the DS folks?

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Nintendo is like something that just won't die. It'll just hang in there till the end.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rot Krieg said:
miracleofsound said:
Rot Krieg said:
miracleofsound said:
Just you watch, after 2012 all that will be left will be cockroaches, bacteria and Nintendo.
LMAO. So do you think when they evolve to be super-intelligent the cockroaches will think world 8 in Super Mario Bros is hard as we thought it was when we were kids?
World 8 is still bloody hard... that hammer brother in the castle gets me every time.

Sniff.
Hehe. It's been so long since I've played it, I doubt I'd do very well with it. I'm sure it'd be hell of a lot harder than World 8 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Other than the very end, that was a breeze.
Yep.

I thought I was great when I beat COD4 on Veteran recently, until I went back to my youth and got my ass handed to me by Mario Brothers 1.

Even playing a PC emulator with quicksave, it was bastard hard.

And don't even start me on World 8 in Mario 3... repressed childhood trauma!

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Make it go away... MAKE NINTENDO GO AWAAAAAAY!!!
I hope it'll be gone by 2011. But they probably won't.

TheHitcher

Sep 9, 2009
I think they will survive. Not in the same league as real gaming, but they've won the hearts of all the middle aged single mums out there.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
arc1991 said:
Nintendo is now going for the family approach, which means anyone and their dog can play...so yeh i think they will survive
I agree. As soon as they stopped competing with other companies for best hardware, they ensured their success by targeting families. YouTube said it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PhJp3ciRQ

Rot Krieg

Feb 6, 2008
Personally, I doubt it will go anywhere. If hell were to freeze over, and they dropped out of the hardware wars, Mario, Zelda and Metroid would be seeing every other system in existence fairly regularly.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
As long as the Wii is known among ignorant parents as "the console that gets you exferise" and they keep valuing that more than actual fun, I don't think Ninten-dono are in trouble.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
yea they will

the Wii is still the best selling current Gen console.

The DS is the best selling console ever.

And the average Wii Game cost less time and money to make than the average ps3/360 game.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
They'll be fine, it's just the main console war is just between Sony and Microsoft now.

However if nintendo put their money to good use and made I dunno, a Gamecube V2 with a 'proper' controller, 'proper' graphics and made 'proper' games, something without friend codes, essentially something that could actually butt heads with the 360 and PS3 they could be back in the console war and possibly get back on top..... IF and only IF they got their games together that is and didn't let every so called video games company make another shovel ware game for it and got back their prestige from the old days.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
They've made it this far, I think they can go on a bit longer.

And even if their consoles disappear, hopefully their games won't

Njaard

Sep 17, 2009
What some people on this site seems to miss is that Nintendo has almost certainly planned their actions for the next years, and know exactly what to do once the casual market runs dry. As far as I see it, Nintendo has more chance for survival than both Sony and the gaming department of Microsoft.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
coxafloppin said:
Actually that title still belongs to PS2.

PS2: 140million
DS: 113million

But it might surpass it though...=/

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
ramik81 said:
coxafloppin said:
Actually that title still belongs to PS2.

PS2: 140million
DS: 113million

But it might surpass it though...=/
my mistake, its the U.K's best selling console evar.