Can Someone Recommend Some Good Wii Exclusive Games

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
(I know what you're going to say: "Triggr! You hypocritical very sex man! You are on record as hating 'Recommend me X' threads!" However I checked, and as far as the search bar can tell there haven't been any for Wii games. Take that Nintendo!)

I recently got back into using my Wii again, and I was looking at my small Wii library and notice how very few are good. What are some Wii exclusive games that are good? Bonus point for an RPG. More bonus points for a JRPG.
I do not use Wii live (or whatever it's called), so I can't get the Wii-Live Arcade.

Super Smash Bros.
No More Heroes
LoZ Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
RE4
RE: Darkside Cronicles
RE: Umbrella Cronicles
Mario Cart

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower, though the latter hasn't been released in the US and doesn't even have a localization date.

Sonic Colors, though I would recommend using a Classic/Gamecube controller for it (and if you don't like speed-focused games, then you might as well skip it).

Kirby's Return to Dreamland is an adorable and wonderfully fun 2.5D platformer, though it's slightly better with friends to play with as well.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a 2D side-scrolling action-adventure game with a beautiful aesthetic and pretty fun combat.

I'm struggling to think of any others, though. I don't play the Wii all that often.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Kirby's Epic Yarn is one of the most underrated games on the Wii.

It is literally impossible to lose/die/get angry at that game. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
The Warioware game for the Wii (I forget the subtitle) is oodles of fun, if you like that sort of thing.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
The above games plus

Sin and Punishment 2
Res Evil Remake
House of the Living Dead Overkill
Mario Galaxy 1&2
Deadspace: Extraction
Klanoa

You might like Phantom Brave a TRPG by Nippon Ichi

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
Rune Factory: Frontier and Tides of Destiny. They're Harvest Moon + Action RPG.

And, since your Wii also plays GameCube games, get Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.

Arfreid

Aug 13, 2009
Muramasa
Puch Out!!
The last story
Metroid Prime 3 - corruption - Or the series
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New super mario brothers
Pikmin -
Super Mario Strikers

imagremlin

Nov 19, 2007
I'll add Red Steel 2 if you want to use the Wiimote as intended and have fun while you're at it. There aren't many games where you can do that.

If you enjoy RE (and it looks like you do) check Cursed Mountain

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
redrefugee said:
Fire Emblem
take this recommendation with a grain of salt. FE: radiant dawn is one of the hardest, longest, and worst games in the series. While functional, I'd recommend it only to fans of the series. Since it's a sequel to Path of radiance for the GC, I'd recommend checking that out first.

OT: I've heard the last story is pretty good. Along with the other rainfall games. Also, wario ware: smooth moves.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
Make sure you get Galaxy 2 because it is better in every single way.

De blob and De Blob 2 are some of the most inventive games I have ever played

Donkey Kong Country Returns is a great and challenging platformer

Zack and Wiki is a cute but pretty hard puzzler, and pirates.

Super Paper Mario is hard to describe as a genre, but it is pretty cool

Finally, Blast Works is a highly innovative 2D Schmup.

ShogunGino

Oct 27, 2008
Oh, I know plenty.

You may enjoy both Pikmin games because they've been updated to feature good, waggle-free controls and slightly better visuals plus true widescreen.

The same can be said for the Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil 0 since they no longer take up two small discs and have Gamecube controller support.

Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Goldeneye 007 remake(a graphically superior game IS on PS3 and 360, but I like the Wiimote controls on this one)
If you can get your hand on it, the Metroid Pirme Trilogy disc
Xenoblade Chronicles (rpg)
The Last Story (rpg)
Pandora's Tower (if you're in the UK)
Arc Rise Fantasia (rpg)
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (rpg)
Rune Factory: Frontier (rpg, sim)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (technically not exclusive (also for PS3) but it was made for Wii)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Sonic Colors
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby Epic Yarn
Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection (WAAAAY better than the Mario All Stars rerelease)
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Boom Blox and its sequel
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (I like Wii version's story and gameplay better than the PS3/360 version)
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Wario Ware: Shake it!
The Conduit (sequel wasn't too great, imo)
Dead Space Extraction (unexpectedly good, and has more features than the PS3 rerelease)
Dragon's Lair Trilogy, if you like Don Bluth animation
I'd say Monster Hunter Tri, but it's getting an updated 3DS and Wii U rerelease.
Fragile Dreams
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Super Paper Mario
Red Steel 2 (needs Wii Motion Plus, but overall better than first)
Cursed Mountain
Madworld
De Blob and De Blob 2 (2 is not exclusive, but still better than 1)
A Boy and His Blob
Epic Mickey (2 was on both Wii and Wii U, and I don't know good it is yet)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
The King of Fighters and Samurai Shodown collections
Metal Slug Anthology (PS2 version has a better controller, but horrendous load times)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Klonoa Wii-make
Little King Story
Shiren the Wanderer
Punch-Out! Wii-make
Trauma Team (best of the series, imo)
Geometry Wars Galaxy (again, best of the series, imo)
Mercury Meltdown: Revolution
Fishing Resort (surprisingly good)
Go Vacation (ditto)
Bit Trip Complete (all the games, plus more, on one disc)

And that's probably all the best ones that you do not have. As you may be able to guess, I took a long look into Wii games that slipped under the radar that were actually very fun. Not many of them are as grand or epic as some of the ones on PS3/360, but there are plenty of good games available.