Can you guess a game from a line of dialogue? (thread game)

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Auron225 said:
"I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man. He never dies."
Also, that quote is from Balthier (FFXII), right?
Correct.

Two more:

You woke me from a long sleep. Now, I have no more use for you. I'll take over your army and rule the world.

What, you're going to fight against me? You damn fool.
BURN TO THE BURN TO THE BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! AUUUUUGH! BU-BURN TO THE WOOO! BURN TO THE AUUUUGH! BURN THE GROUND! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN AUUUUUGH! BURN TO THE BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Ima Lemming said:
BURN TO THE BURN TO THE BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN! AUUUUUGH! BU-BURN TO THE WOOO! BURN TO THE AUUUUGH! BURN THE GROUND! BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN AUUUUUGH! BURN TO THE BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!
I forget the name of the boss, but that's Megaman X7.

Here are my quotes (though a few are from memory):

Quote #1: "Shame on you, you greedy guts! Thought you could outwit an onion?"
Quote #2: "Mmmmm, Buzz Cola"
Quote #3: "Thief, eh? Well, it's never too late to change your ways."

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Ah hell, let's see if I can toss a few in here. Good luck figuring them out!

Quote 1: You cannot unring a bell.

Quote 2: DOOM! Doom! Da-doom doom doom! Doom doom!

Quote 3(Two Parts):
"I am getting real tired of dying all the time."
"Perhaps we should stop DYING then."

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Rangaman said:
Quote #2: "Mmmmm, Buzz Cola"
Simpsons: Hit & Run :) I loved that game!

Drathnoxis said:
"Tim! They've got your wife!"
"But I'm not married!"
"You are now! To America!"
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City? I think I remember that from one of the radio adverts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No-one answered my previous one I don't think, so a new one I guess?

"Right into next week!"
"I've traveled back in time from next week. Please stop throwing monsters at us."

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
Rangaman said:
Ima Lemming said:
I forget the name of the boss, but that's Megaman X7.
Flame Hyenard [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s]

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
immortalfrieza said:
"What can change the nature of a man?"
There was a less obvious Planescape:Torment quote on page 1. Early in the game, but not one of the most repeated lines from the game.

Still surprised no one answered mine from page 2, I didn't think they were terribly hard:

Schadrach said:
Line 1 said:
And there's the greatest triumph of all, to have compelled the one player who could choose into doing exactly what we required. Well done, faithful servant.
Line 2 said:
Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Schadrach said:
Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
Thief the Dark Project.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Dalisclock said:
Schadrach said:
Thief the Dark Project.
You are meant to put in a new quote when you guess one. I'll do it for you...

"Ah...! The Masamune!!! I bet you're just dying to use it! The black wind begins to blow... Okay... give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!"

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
dscross said:
Dalisclock said:
Schadrach said:
Thief the Dark Project.
You are meant to put in a new quote when you guess one. I'll do it for you...

"Ah...! The Masamune!!! I bet you're just dying to use it! The black wind begins to blow... Okay... give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!"
Chrono Trigger.

I'm better at answering them then coming up with ones to put in there.

But here's one.

"I have nightmare eyes!"

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Chessrook44 said:
Ah hell, let's see if I can toss a few in here. Good luck figuring them out!

Quote 1: You cannot unring a bell.

Quote 2: DOOM! Doom! Da-doom doom doom! Doom doom!
1: It's cheating a bit since it's not the original source for the line, but Geneforge. At the end, if I recall.

2: Probably wrong on this one, but my brain jumps immediately to Deekin from NWN and his Doom Song. Probably the wrong pattern of "Doom"s though.

Here are a couple more to guess, this time from some of the less well-known games from my collection (as opposed to Thief and the other one I quoted before):

1. "A red crayon and... a red broach... A red rose and... red blood... Red is the most beautiful color, yet it comes at a price."

2. "How will the knowledge of your past affect the way you live today? This is a matter for you and you alone to face."

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"That's just great, I have Chickenwuss and a guy who just reached puberty in my squad."

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"You can't recall
if the whisky knocked you flat
or if everything was a blur
when you met her.
All that you remember
is the song of a vampire